IGNORED

Season Card renewal (Merged)

Red Tel

10 minutes ago, MelksRed said:

I've renewed in blind faith that we will stay up and then make improvement in LJs final window of 3 transfer windows....Premier League beckons (tongue in cheek!)

No need for 'tongue in cheek' - LJ assured us that he only needed three transfer windows to get it right, he told us 'not to worry about relegation' and he told us we'd be competing in the Europa League within five years, so, all good..nothing to worry about, we are on a roll.......apparently! I haven't renewed yet...

23 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

I'll restate what I've said previously.

I don't want an ST for League One and unless I have a brain seizure, will wait until I know which league we will be in. And as a dual ST holder, it now seems certain that Bristol Rugby will be relegated also so I will pick games without an ST.

Following this season's shambles at both clubs and after sixty seven years supporting both clubs, I really do wonder that I should call it a day and wander along to Burnham Rugby or Weston Super Mare FC for my Saturday fixes. 

Still be cheaper for you to get a season ticket for the rugby than pick n choose games. I take it you are over 65 ? So you can get a season ticket for £130 ish , the pay on the day will be far more expensive. You go to 3/4 games Probaly end up costing you the same as a season ticket?

4 minutes ago, redapple said:

I renewed ours today in Lansdown. Wasn't going to, but after a weekend with a menopausal female decided that I'd rather be at AG even if it's against bloody Rochdale !

having had to live with three who would not synchronise as they were on the pill and having three shite weeks out of four you have my sympathy. 

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 22:15, Redtilldead said:

I'm concerned about the fact I only have till Monday 3rd April to actually renew my seat, after that date anyone could purchase it,  

this seems a lot sooner than other years and doesn't give you long to guarantee your seat. 

do you really think the way this season has gone there will be hundreds of people after your particular seat, I don't think so do what I'm doing and wait a week or two, if your seat does go will it be much problem sitting elsewhere as I cant see the ground being a sell out can you? 

17 hours ago, 054123 said:

10 years of footballing failure.

He's not a bad man, he has though, by his own standards, failed.

I struggle to comprehend arguments that suggest otherwise.

As has been born out by this season, there are those who do and don't believe it. Little point in dragging it out,

as apposed to the 86 years of footballing failure before him

12 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Reasonable yes, but not compared to Huddersfield who will work out at £8 a game in the championship or £10.50 a game in the Prem should they get there.

That is giving something back to the fans and something Bristol Sports seem incapable of!

compare the prices with all the clubs in the league not just one,

8 hours ago, reddoh said:

having had to live with three who would not synchronise as they were on the pill and having three shite weeks out of four you have my sympathy. 

Snap!

On 27 March 2017 at 07:11, formerly known as ivan said:

Maybe they do, but clubs are looking to make football more affordable for fans and I think we will start to see more and more coming up with offers.

Why can't Bristol Sports lead the way with a few other clubs? Be in the minority and clubs doing the right thing rather than the majority of other clubs.

Not saying our ST are overly expensive but believe the club could do more to reduce prices.

I agree with you, we have the seats now why leave them empty. Yes, people will come back and say no guarantee cheaper prices will fill the seats, is where is an extra 10,000 fans come from etc etc. But realistically now we are looking at 10,000/12,000 League One crowds in a 27,000 seater stadium...paying Championship prices!!!

38 minutes ago, RedM said:

I agree with you, we have the seats now why leave them empty. Yes, people will come back and say no guarantee cheaper prices will fill the seats, is where is an extra 10,000 fans come from etc etc. But realistically now we are looking at 10,000/12,000 League One crowds in a 27,000 seater stadium...paying Championship prices!!!

I haven't decided yet, I am leaning towards renewing and if the guys I go with did then I probably would let that tip me.
As it stands, if we are relegated (and it would be a needless relegation due to inept leadership and this is what grates) then seats would be easy to come by. As I always miss games, some due to shifts ,some for other reasons, I may pick and choose my games. This is where the club is playing a dangerous game with renewal. 
If we go down, how could they justify £38 a ticket for L1. They would end up with ST holders and a few away fans 10k ? But how could they drop prices generally when people have committed to season tickets, they obviously deserve the biggest discounts. 
There is an argument to say they got pricing pretty much right this year, 13,000 STH and average around 18k. Would that have been noticeably higher with reduced prices ? If they had given 2 prices for the two divisions for next year some may have been happier, this is the most I have ever paid for ST's and the thought of stumping up getting on for £500 for L1 makes me stop and think. 

19 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Ah yes, I see it now. Mine from Saturday is a few hundred higher than yours. Perhaps a daily number as you suggested? Or something with little meaning!

For sure.  I just thought it amusing to imagine I was one of the first after complaining - rightly in my mind - for so much of the season.

5 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

I bought mine on Monday and mine says 167 so I'm not sure they mean anything important sorry :) 

I'm paying monthly so I don't have one yet, suppose it will come when the first direct debit comes out

12 hours ago, 054123 said:

Failure all around then.

well said.

compare him to before and we've gone from being a top 10 league 1 club to a championship club that is lower mid-table to relegation, so in terms of history he's improved us slightly not as mush as he should of with the money he's spent but he's put the infrastructure in place that we've never had before,

On field not quite there, off field a massive success (i'm talking about facilities etc) 

8 hours ago, Kingswood Robin said:

I'm thinking of moving from the back of the Dolman to the family area. Has anyone been up there to see what it's like? Is the view okay or do you need binoculars? Also, does anyone know if anything is being put on for kids on matchdays?

I believe it's a fair few sets of stairs to get there, but the view once you make it is quite spectacular. The club said in it's letter informing the current ST holders about it that the concourse would be aimed at kids with activities etc. being laid on.

Having said all that, I've moved across a block in the SS instead as I can't help but feel that it will feel a bit isolated up there if the rest of the tier remains closed.

Well i dont know what to do, we have great seats where we are but as others have said its alot of money for league 1 if we end up there, especially if we go down and hes still here, im not sure i could face it. Im wondering if the upper lansdown will be open anyway with the family area that the rest of the stand will be potd ? it would seem silly to staff it and not open the rest. I would be happy to pick and choose if that was an option, does anyone know ?

Five days to sort myself out and make a decision, hohum......

10 minutes ago, tts_city said:

Well i dont know what to do, we have great seats where we are but as others have said its alot of money for league 1 if we end up there, especially if we go down and hes still here, im not sure i could face it. Im wondering if the upper lansdown will be open anyway with the family area that the rest of the stand will be potd ? it would seem silly to staff it and not open the rest. I would be happy to pick and choose if that was an option, does anyone know ?

Five days to sort myself out and make a decision, hohum......

Just renew yer bloody tickets and know that you will only get splinters up your arse if you sit on the fence.  We are not going down - and even if we did - we would have a great promotion season.  Get renewing COYR!

It may appear to be heresy for a few posters on here but I have no intention of renewing until I am a little clearer as to which division we shall be competing in.

Should the worst happen and we lose against Brentford and Preston and other results go against us we really will be back in the mire, on the flip side should we win both I would guess we are all but safe so for the sake of a few days I intend to keep my powder dry.

I honestly don't understand how the club think it is acceptable to ask people to pay for a product which is at yet unknown

26 minutes ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

I don't understand how the club think it is acceptable to ask people to pay for a product which is at yet unknown

The 'product' is Bristol City Football Club. That's not going to change.

The club aren't forcing you to buy anything. Just wait until the season is over and buy a ticket then (when our Championship status will be confirmed) :)

Archived