IGNORED

Rudderless BCFC ~ SL?

ontariored

Well, I have to say, "another fine mess we have gotten ourselves into."  To be fair to the fans, some are still showing up for the games. It's not that I don't support the team but I, and I hear others saying, "We want Change."  

Stating that going back to the drawing board by your Head Coach, demonstrates that he has tried everything. Okay, last time he fired Pembo. Who can you / he get rid of this time? 

SL, your lack of prescence and lack of action is demonstrating rudderless management whther you believe it or not. You may have used the words "loyal fans," to those showing up and who you have previously spoken to at "Away" games. If fans are loyal, which I am proud to say in majority, then the only way now, IMHO, is to demand a healthy change for the club, which may mean to you action.

With respect, you have put alot of money into BCFC, which I and others appreciate, a big thank you ! BUT, we have to ask ourselves, are we any further ahead, has the value made a big difference. Our current position in the league, is not an anomoly, the message is telling us clearly, if we continue the way we are going we are going down yet again. Faster than a spinning yo-yo.. 

I am confident that in business you don't come over as spineless, rudderless and cannot make decisions in the best interest of this business. The pillars are falling down faster than Clevedon pier all those years gone-by. And we are in the same position ie yo=yo'ing betwwed Division 2 and Division 3. 

Although it will not even show up as a dent, I have cancelled my bi-annual trip to Bristol to take in as many games as I can. This is a matter of principle for me. If we were in the same position with an active board and endeavouring to make positive change then I still would have made that trip. If you clowns aren't going to do anything then why should I?

I will still look at the score, have the same passion, which is why I am writing this post. But don't expect me to follow you with interest. Please find an acceptable buyer for this club who can take it forward.

Thank you.

I liken City to an aircraft in trouble like you see in those Air crash Investigation programs that you get on the National Geographic channel.

Initially there doesn't seem to be too much wrong with the plane. There is a problem but it can still fly. The longer the emergency develops, the more systems breakdown and the fewer options for survival the crew have.

We are now in a situation where we have no options left. We can't go back or divert, we will either land safely in may or go down short of safety.

Either way thereof should be a long inquest afterwards.

33 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

I liken City to an aircraft in trouble like you see in those Air crash Investigation programs that you get on the National Geographic channel.

Initially there doesn't seem to be too much wrong with the plane. There is a problem but it can still fly. The longer the emergency develops, the more systems breakdown and the fewer options for survival the crew have.

We are now in a situation where we have no options left. We can't go back or divert, we will either land safely in may or go down short of safety.

Good points, well made.

Ultimately, would YOU get on a plane with Lee Johnson flying it?

Would you??

Eh?

tfj

24 minutes ago, Judda said:

Yeah. Let's push SL into selling the club to some chicken farmers who have no real interest in the club....

.:facepalm:

ORGANIC chicken farmers. Lets not forget the environment in all this emotion.

:nono:

tfj

39 minutes ago, Judda said:

Yeah. Let's push SL into selling the club to some chicken farmers who have no real interest in the club....

Unfortunately those chicken farmers currently have a very big interest in our club, we could well be the club that stops them from enduring league one football next season!

1 hour ago, Judda said:

Oh, instead of mutual investment advisors who are lately proving they dont have any interest in the club. No action means no interest !!

By the way. I also sent the original post also via email to the club site and received the response below. Not sure what else I can do ?

Dear Supporter,

Thank you for emailing Bristol Sport. We are experiencing high volumes of enquirers but we will aim to respond to your query within 3 business days

Kind regards,

Bristol Sport

Bristol Sport Ltd. is a company registered in England and Wales. Registered number: 07881103. Registered office: Ashton Gate Stadium, BS3 2EJ, UK. This message is private and confidential. If you have received this message in error, please notify us and remove it from your system. Bristol Sport may monitor email traffic data and also the content of email for the purposes of security and staff training.

1 hour ago, Judda said:

Why assume it would be worse than a failed owner who has failed over ten years and who has wrecked everything with his foolish obsession with a failed BS?

1 hour ago, Judda said:

No-one would buy the club.It has no assets.

Any purchaser would have to buy BS and I do not believe that is on SL's agenda whatsoever.

2 hours ago, Midlands Robin said:

I like watching Air Crash Investigation and there is definitely a distinct similarity with the current City problems. However, there is one major difference. With the air crashes it often takes months or years to determine the cause of the problem. With City, the cause is obvious. In reality it's better to compare SL and City with Japanese Kamikaze pilots. They knew they were doomed but chose to go ahead with their mission regardless. 

I can't see why so many people have issues with SL. He has built this great stadium, invested millions on players etc. Yes we've had a bad season and yes I'd have got rid of LJ but he's decided to stick with him and give him a chance.... I doubt he's done it thinking he wants to be relegated!

I personally think if SL did go we'd be worse off for it... there isn't many Abromovich's out there we'd be more likely to get a Venky!!

8 minutes ago, Judda said:

I can't see why so many people have issues with SL. He has built this great stadium, invested millions on players etc. Yes we've had a bad season and yes I'd have got rid of LJ but he's decided to stick with him and give him a chance.... I doubt he's done it thinking he wants to be relegated!

I personally think if SL did go we'd be worse off for it... there isn't many Abromovich's out there we'd be more likely to get a Venky!!

Your sentiment is correct but it's not 1  year. 

It's from the latter part of the 2007-8 onwards. When do you start asking questions?

20 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Your sentiment is correct but it's not 1  year. 

It's from the latter part of the 2007-8 onwards. When do you start asking questions?

I just think people's expectations are too high. We're a lower half championship club. Except for the odd success story like Brighton or Burnley it's incredibly hard to punch above your weight....

11 minutes ago, Judda said:

I just think people's expectations are too high. We're a lower half championship club. Except for the odd success story like Brighton or Burnley it's incredibly hard to punch above your weight....

I think our expectations were to end up above Huddersfield is that too high?

7 minutes ago, Bullbag said:

Why is Lansdown better than the Venky's?

What has Lansdown achieved that the Venky's haven't?

People really need to wake up.

And every day slowly more and more are realising that Mr Lansdown isn't all that.

I'd have him sell up, get rid of the ridiculous Bristol sport, then I might get the proper club I knew and loved back.

Rebuilt Ashton Gate? Didn't know if you'd noticed! Also put loads of his own money into bailing us out.... don't get me wrong he's not perfect but I am personally glad to have him...

42 minutes ago, Judda said:

Unless you've got a billionaire owner with a well documented desire to bring premier league football to the city?

If he was honest in his ambitions, I could get on board with that.

1 hour ago, Judda said:

I totally agree, he's pumped millions in and rebuilt a super stadium, I think he's been wrong to keep LJ who has been a disaster since Oct but even then there's a part of me that admires the loyalty to a young coach.

14 minutes ago, Judda said:

Rebuilt Ashton Gate? Didn't know if you'd noticed! Preferred it the way it was before myself Also put loads of his own money into bailing us out...but wasted twenty times as much on his poor management selection, who went on to spend millions on players and then don't play them. don't get me wrong he's not perfect but I am personally glad to have him...you /we don't have him he has us just where he wants us

15 minutes ago, Bullbag said:

Bailed us out? His mess in the first place. He squanders millions after millions every year it's the very least he could do.

Ashton Gate, surprised he hasn't renamed it Bristol Sport stadium.

Having rugby memorabilia plastered all over the walls and having B R I S T O L spelt out across the seats of the dolman looks really wanky..

It really is embarrassing watching him make mistake after mistake. Owning a football, or any sporting club for that matter he hasn't got a clue.

He should stick with Hargreaves Lansdown.

Yes it was his mess but many owners would have given a loan to the club that needed to be paid back but he just wrote it off... Yes he's wasted a lot of money but it's his money to waste!

2 minutes ago, Judda said:

Yes it was his message but many owners would have given a loan to the club that needed to be paid back but he just wrote it off... Yes he's wasted a lot of money but it's his money to waste!

thousands of fans seem to be doing likewise wasting their money; it would be difficult to add up how much money I have put into this club over 50yrs probably in % to how much I have got not far from Stevies put in, times that by an average of say 10000 fans and you would get a considerable total .....and for sod all influence on how our club is run, and yes we too have written off our investments.

17 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

thousands of fans seem to be doing likewise wasting their money; it would be difficult to add up how much money I have put into this club over 50yrs probably in % to how much I have got not far from Stevies put in, times that by an average of say 10000 fans and you would get a considerable total .....and for sod all influence on how our club is run, and yes we too have written off our investments.

Same as 95% of the clubs around the country...

Just now, Judda said:

Same as 95% of the clubs around the country...

point being SL is not some kind of superstar, just a guy who`s made money, not in football and in my eyes is far from our saviour in fact had made us part of something else....did he ask anyone? no just went and did it in search of a dream of his....not ours.

1 hour ago, Judda said:

The "odd success story"?!

Off the top of my head, clubs that have "beaten" us to the Premier League since SL has been in charge:

Bournemouth, Blackpool, Burnley, Cardiff fuxking City, Swansea City, Stoke City, West Brom, Wigan Athletic, Reading, Hull City, Portsmouth 

Why should our expectations not involve emulating those clubs?

4 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

The "odd success story"?!

Off the top of my head, clubs that have "beaten" us to the Premier League since SL has been in charge:

Bournemouth, Blackpool, Burnley, Cardiff fuxking City, Swansea City, Stoke City, West Brom, Wigan Athletic, Reading, Hull City, Portsmouth 

Why should our expectations not involve emulating those clubs?

Now list the ones that haven't...

Archived