IGNORED

Rudderless BCFC ~ SL?

ontariored

Just now, RumRed said:

Fair enough but take certain posters as knowing what they're talking about.

You have to filter out the bollox, I'm not ITK, but I can, and do read the accounts, not very good at it!

But there are some on here that do know what they're talking about.

True. True. 

I've not been here long enough to know who's who yet!

Anyway I have an early start tomorrow so going to log off. Not quite sure how I got sucked into this mass debate!!!

Even if SL did some juggling to 'clear the debt... is that so terrible.... ?

With that... goodnight!!!:mf_sleep:

1 minute ago, Judda said:

True. True. 

Anyway I have an early start tomorrow so going to log off. Not quite sure how I got sucked into this mass debate!!!

Welcome to The Land of Oz mate, I'd have your red shoes ready if I were you, you're certainly not in Kansas anymore.

12 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

19-20 new players...costing £14 million. Redeveloped ground with hospitality for over 1,000 people sold out every week, average crowds of 19,000 that now puts us in the top half of the C'ship overall.

And we will finish below Burton Albion who average around 4,000 home fans per game. Just let that sink in for a minute.

Steve, Mrs Steve, ANYONE at the club, could you read the above please?

11 hours ago, Judda said:

True. True. 

With that... goodnight!!!:mf_sleep:home

The juggling of debt has led to a situation where BCFC a club once owned by fans (thousands in theory) is now owned by one man. The club has lost its main asset. It is a tenant in that former asset with another sporting club.

Is that terrible you ask. Bristol City's financial performance has been, and its performance on the pitch over the last decade is of a club that is? Erratic, indifferent ... It has not consolidated.

The constitution of BCFC once meant that nobody could own more than a 25% shareholding of the FC. This is no longer the case. My opinion is that the lack of accountability in BCFC being owned lock stock and barrel by one individual has led to autocratic poor decision making.

Shiny new facilities and weird Bristol Sport branding of what was once the home of Bristol City the Pride of the West is the Emperors new clothes.

Mr Lansdown is not mad, bad or even near the worst owner, he obviously cares about BCFC, but a club is not one man. The my way or the highway state, a club once owned by its fans is a position this fan who stuck with it through four divisions is disappointed by.

12 hours ago, Judda said:

I have been asking for illumination all afternoon!!!!

Well you certainly got lit up eventually didn't you.

For the record, I think SL is ok, but not the "saviour" some make him out to be.

I believe we truly are rudderless, but SL has the ability to correct that - I just question his willingness to do so.

12 hours ago, Judda said:

True. True. 

You got sucked into this debate, by calling anyone that wants to question SL's leadership and running of the football club "Fools". Then asked for "Geeks" to show you proof of accounts. They did. 

You still didn't understand, and was too stubborn to admit you were wrong. 

You say you're new here? Welcome. Not great though is it trying to insult large portions of our fan base because of their opinions on LJ/SL etc etc. 

And yes, I believe people are starting to seriously question SL. Clinging on to LJ just to try and prove a point is wreckless, and incredibly stubborn, and I for one hate what he is turning this beloved club into. 

Don't get me started on Bristol Sport.

18 hours ago, Judda said:

Again. I am not reading 27 pages of accounts. I was referring to when we were previously relegated and he said he was going to write off the debt help had created...

Also I raised this conversation with the locals of a very local pub with a group of City fans and they all looked horrified that there were a group of people trying to stir sh1t... I am now wondering if you are actually gas fools trying to sabotage our club?

Debts he ran up with his clueless appointments and wasteful spending, remember the end of the GJ era? Steve Coppell, Millen, McInnes? When our grand leader took over the club had a positive bank balance, owned our own stadium, fair ownership between a number of board owners. The club has become a poorly run flabby dictatorship with zero progression on the pitch, further distance from the fans than I have ever known run by nepotism and corporate suits.

12 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

Debts he ran up with his clueless appointments and wasteful spending, remember the end of the GJ era? Steve Coppell, Millen, McInnes? When our grand leader took over the club had a positive bank balance, owned our own stadium, fair ownership between a number of board owners. The club has become a poorly run flabby dictatorship with zero progression on the pitch, further distance from the fans than I have ever known run by nepotism and corporate suits.

But apart from that its all gone to plan.

Archived