IGNORED

Rudderless BCFC ~ SL?

ontariored

4 minutes ago, Judda said:

Now list the ones that haven't...

No, sorry that's not how it works. You've just claimed that there has been the odd success story and that it's "incredibly hard" to punch above ones weight and I've given you 11 clubs that have achieved that. Defend your point, or I assume you accept mine.

52 minutes ago, Judda said:

Hes it was his mess but many owners would have given a loan to the club that needed to be paid back but he just wrote it off... Yes he's wasted a lot of money but it's his money to waste!

Mr Lansdown has given BCFC loans (circa twenty million) which needs to be paid back at a later date. Mr Lansdown has turned debt into his own share capital.

What debt has Mr Lansdown written off?

54 minutes ago, Judda said:

Yes it was his mess but many owners would have given a loan to the club that needed to be paid back but he just wrote it off... Yes he's wasted a lot of money but it's his money to waste!

I believe the shares owned by fans were highly diluted at some stage of his tenure?  Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure that's the case.

It really isn't all philanthropy.

1 hour ago, Judda said:

Yes it was his mess but many owners would have given a loan to the club that needed to be paid back but he just wrote it off... Yes he's wasted a lot of money but it's his money to waste!

Yes, it's his money to waste you are correct. But, as real fans of BCFC we are no further ahead. In fact, if we end up in League 1 we are behind! It's nice of him to waste his money but I am hoping for the Prem before I die in less than 18 years. If he can't do that, then yes I am selfish; please get out SL and let someone dop it who can, Please !

9 minutes ago, RumRed said:

I believe the shares owned by fans were highly diluted at some stage of his tenure?  Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure that's the case.

It really isn't all philanthropy.

The clubs constitution was changed to allow one individual to own more than 25% of BCFC. There have been multiple share issues over years to cover debt. This has led to Mr Lansdown owning massively more than 25% of BCFC. This also means that Mr Lansdown is not accountable to shareholders. It is not writing debt off as the poster suggested or philanthropy ... However Ashton Gate has been redeveloped and none of us would rebuild houses we live in if we did not own them. 

1 minute ago, Cowshed said:

The clubs constitution was changed to allow one individual to own more than 25% of BCFC. There have been multiple share issues over years to cover debt. This has led to Mr Lansdown owning massively more than 25% of BCFC. This also means that Mr Lansdown is not accountable to shareholders. It is not writing debt off as the poster suggested or philanthropy ... However Ashton Gate has been redeveloped and none of us would rebuild houses we live in if we did not own them. 

And this is why when people compare BS to the 'Barcelona' model I want to tear my hair out.  It's the bloody opposite!

5 hours ago, Judda said:

Yeah. Let's push SL into selling the club to some chicken farmers who have no real interest in the club....

.:facepalm:

Could they pick as a poor a collection of Managers as Lansdown.And sit back and watch his latest clown, week by week, take us in to league 1. I doubt it.

15 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

No, sorry that's not how it works. You've just claimed that there has been the odd success story and that it's "incredibly hard" to punch above ones weight and I've given you 11 clubs that have achieved that. Defend your point, or I assume you accept mine.

Sorry. Been busy. I hope you weren't too excited assuming my silence was me accepting your point!

Of the clubs that you have listed, they have all done brilliantly and fair play to them even though some of them were bank rolled and some are just bigger clubs than us anyway... all I mean is although we have a potential fan base we're still a small club. Most years we've had average season ticket sales of maybe 12k? It's this 'sleeping giant' craap  that makes people think we should be in the Prem when actually we are pretty much where we should be ...

Don't get me wrong I am dreaming of the Premiership like everyone else but I think getting rid of SL is a backwards step....

10 minutes ago, Judda said:

Sorry. Been busy. I hope you weren't too excited assuming my silence was me accepting your point!

Of the clubs that you have listed, they have all done brilliantly and fair play to them even though some of them were bank rolled and some are just bigger clubs than us anyway... all I mean is although we have a potential fan base we're still a small club. Most years we've had average season ticket sales of maybe 12k? It's this 'sleeping giant' craap  that makes people think we should be in the Prem when actually we are pretty much where we should be ...

Don't get me wrong I am dreaming of the Premiership like everyone else but I think getting rid of SL is a backwards step....

I accept West Brom is historically a bigger club than us but who of this list do you also consider to be ? Stoke now long established in the Prem but I wouldn't say bigger than us when we were in the same league :  Bournemouth, Blackpool, Burnley, Cardiff City, Swansea City, Stoke City, West Brom, Wigan Athletic, Reading, Hull City, Portsmouth.

We have a small club mentality at the highest level of BCFC which is the problem I believe.

The owner has stated regularly where he wants the club to be and surely hasn't rebuilt the stadium for us to play in division 3 and the rugby club to play in division 2, although that is a very strong possibility next season.

SL isn't going anywhere, and people need to understand that the football club is just part of BS so anyone looking to buy it would just buy a side with no assets, so it won't happen.

1 hour ago, Judda said:

18 hours ago, Judda said:

Yes it was his mess but many owners would have given a loan to the club that needed to be paid back but he just wrote it off...

I. assumed your silence was due to you being unable to answer points:

1. Mr Lansdown making significant loans to BCFC.
  2. Not having an earthly how much debt Mr Lansdown has turned into equity instead of writing it off.

19 hours ago, Judda said:

I just think people's expectations are too high. We're a lower half championship club. Except for the odd success story like Brighton or Burnley it's incredibly hard to punch above your weight....

The odd success story like Swansea ,Stoke , Wigan , Bournemouth,West Brum , Birmingham,Cardiff ...

We should be in with an equal chance of getting promoted but that's not even what most of us wanted or believed , simply that we would build on our stay in the Championship, win à few more than we lose and enjoy our football.

It's not asking for the moon is it ? 

We have an enviable situation financially and a super stadium we should under no circumstances be in the position we're currently in .It is scandalous, the waste of talent and money .

BAD MANAGEMENT  doesn't begin to sum it up .

15 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

I. assumed your silence was due to you being unable to answer points:

1. Mr Lansdown making significant loans to BCFC.
  2. Not having an earthly how much debt Mr Lansdown has turned into equity instead of writing it off.

Can you expand on these points at all?

Not sure what you mean....

2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

The odd success story like Swansea ,Stoke , Wigan , Bournemouth,West Brum , Birmingham,Cardiff ...

We should be in with an equal chance of getting promoted but that's not even what most of us wanted or believed , simply that we would build on our stay in the Championship, win à few more than we lose and enjoy our football.

It's not asking for the moon is it ? 

We have an enviable situation financially and a super stadium we should under no circumstances be in the position we're currently in .It is scandalous, the waste of talent and money .

BAD MANAGEMENT  doesn't begin to sum it up .

I agree we can hope for more. I always do but asking for SL to go is madness IMO...

Just now, Judda said:

Can you expand on these points at all?

Not sure what you mean....

Mr Lansdown has not written debt off as you posted..

Mr Lansdown has made large loans to BCFC that have to be paid back, which again is a opposite of your post.

Both points above can be evidence based if you check the clubs accounts.

Your posts are factually incorrect.

10 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Mr Lansdown has not written debt off as you posted..

Mr Lansdown has made large loans to BCFC that have to be paid back, which again is a opposite of your post.

Both points above can be evidence based if you check the clubs accounts.

Your posts are factually incorrect.

Well. You're backing that up with good solid evidence.... just your word.... funny thing is I don't have access or inclination to look at any accounts. 

4 minutes ago, Judda said:

Well. You're backing that up with good solid evidence.... just your word.... funny thing is I don't have access or inclination to look at any accounts. 

I believe these are published yearly. Should be straight forward enough to find.

Rebuilt Ashton Gate? Didn't know if you'd noticed! Also put loads of his own money into bailing us out.... don't get me wrong he's not perfect but I am personally glad to have him...

He's bailed us out yes but it's been his own mistakes that's caused it in the first place. He really hasn't a clue about football , if he did he wouldn't make mistake after mistake . Yes we're all thankful for the rebuild but on the pitch where it matters we haven't progressed at all. After the brilliant season we had two years ago , to end up back where we started is nothing short of laughable . 

2 minutes ago, Judda said:

But I cannot be bothered... especially when I think he's talking bolx 

Then, if you can't be bothered and don't have the facts, why raise it? There is no harm some fans being more ambitious than others; if we are happy lying in the bottom of the championship with potentially League 1 football next year without trying to do something about it then perhaps we should just accept the consequences and be ready for the Gas to overtake us in league standings.

I just think people's expectations are too high. We're a lower half championship club. Except for the odd success story like Brighton or Burnley it's incredibly hard to punch above your weight....

I agree with you on this, for years a lot of our support thought we were a far bigger club than what we were.

But nowadays we are a Championship club whose owner is 'now' willing to spend serious money on players. A decent managerial appointment would have had us comfortably in mid table, instead we have a novice who is out of his depth.

LJ has been give riches that other managers can only dream of, 19-20 new players bought to the club, 19-20 players which 'have' raised the expectations to a new level. 19-20 players..... just think about that for a moment......

25 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

I agree with you on this, for years a lot of our support thought we were a far bigger club than what we were.

But nowadays we are a Championship club whose owner is 'now' willing to spend serious money on players. A decent managerial appointment would have had us comfortably in mid table, instead we have a novice who is out of his depth.

LJ has been give riches that other managers can only dream of, 19-20 new players bought to the club, 19-20 players which 'have' raised the expectations to a new level. 19-20 players..... just think about that for a moment......

19-20 new players...costing £14 million. Redeveloped ground with hospitality for over 1,000 people sold out every week, average crowds of 19,000 that now puts us in the top half of the C'ship overall.

And we will finish below Burton Albion who average around 4,000 home fans per game. Just let that sink in for a minute.

2 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/documents/bcfc-2016-final-accounts213-3502696.pdf

Note the words equity injections.

I will ask again what debts have been written off?

Again. I am not reading 27 pages of accounts. I was referring to when we were previously relegated and he said he was going to write off the debt help had created...

Also I raised this conversation with the locals of a very local pub with a group of City fans and they all looked horrified that there were a group of people trying to stir sh1t... I am now wondering if you are actually gas fools trying to sabotage our club?

1 hour ago, ontariored said:

Then, if you can't be bothered and don't have the facts, why raise it? There is no harm some fans being more ambitious than others; if we are happy lying in the bottom of the championship with potentially League 1 football next year without trying to do something about it then perhaps we should just accept the consequences and be ready for the Gas to overtake us in league standings.

I never said I was happy lying at the bottom of the Championship. I want the Premiership but I think anyone who thinks that we're better off without SL is ungrateful for everything he has done for us and also deluded fools... I am not alone in thinking this either. Unanimously agreed in the group of random city fans I was talking to.

54 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

I'm not LJ fan. I know we need change...but SL is still a good thing for this club.

2 minutes ago, Judda said:

Again. I am not reading 27 pages of accounts. I was referring to when we were previously relegated and he said he was going to write off the debt help had created...

Also I raised this conversation with the locals of a very local pub with a group of City fans and they all looked horrified that there were a group of people trying to stir sh1t... I am now wondering if you are actually gas fools trying to sabotage our club?

People have been replying to your stirring, your posts. I replied to one that you are incapable of substantiating.That post was full of in your words sh1t. Pointing that out and giving you opportunity to reply is not sabotaging anything ... Real not made up detail is in the clubs accounts - Bottom of page eleven in the link.

Archived