IGNORED

Angus Scott

54 minutes ago, bs3 said:

Far to much interference from the owner and others.

When Mcinnes was manager Jon Lansdown was trying to tell him which players to pick and kept coming into the changing room before matches and trying to give team talks.

A fair few City fans have know what's be going on for years but always got shot down by super fans on here.

But now the chickens are coming up to roost and there is no more excuses , no more hiding places.

You (and others) will be interested to here this interview with McInnes just a few days after he was sacked: http://talksport.com/radio/richard-keys-and-andy-gray/130117/derek-mcinnes-what-went-wrong-bristol-city-189485

Very interestingly worded question from Richard Keys:

"Derek on the face of it Bristol City are a fine club, but behind the scenes when you look a little deeper are there problems there at the moment that perhaps make progress more difficult than it should be?"

Then listen to McInnes answer. A lot more interesting in terms of what he doesn't say of course...

Now why would Richard Keys ask a question like that I wonder?

Just to reaffirm, I have always said that the club was being run calamitously while McInnes was here.

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Perhaps that's why he wants the Barcelona model with Bristol sport. In Spain the president buys the players and the head coach has to mould them into a team , perhaps that's what's happening here . 

I have this image of Messi, Suarez and Neymar getting slated in the EP and spending a lot of time on the bench, or being loaned to Bury.....

5 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Perhaps that's why he wants the Barcelona model with Bristol sport. In Spain the president buys the players and the head coach has to mould them into a team , perhaps that's what's happening here . 

President is also voted for by the members. :whistle2:

2 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

So the fact that we had not got out of the bottom three and his last season here makes the current one look like a success is irrelevant then?

Sorry. I'm calling BS. If he'd had a huge bust-up over transfers he'd have walked at the start of the season, not after playing the same failing formation for 6 bloody months.

Do you think the Lansdowns told him to stick with his failing tactics?  If so,  why was Pemberton able to instantly change them and get more success. 

Criticise the board by all means but take off the rose-coloured specs regarding Cotterill's ability as a Championship manager. 

They must of done something right as they got us a league and cup double, or do the lansdown said only interfere when things are going badly........

its bull shit

Just now, Monkeh said:

They must of done something right as they got us a league and cup double, or do the lansdown said only interfere when things are going badly........

its bull shit

Don't break the myth, Monkeh, by pointing out inconvenient facts.....

Remember if you wear a suit that means you are evil. I read it online somewhere.

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

its bull shit

You both seem to be completely missing the point. SC DIDN'T play ball with SL, hence the fractured relationship for months on end and him not being given the amount of time LJ is being given. Ultimately SL couldn't fire SC sooner either due to the fact he was getting results.

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

You both seem to be completely missing the point. SC DIDN'T play ball with SL, hence the fractured relationship for months on end and him not being given the amount of time LJ is being given. Ultimately SL couldn't fire SC sooner either due to the fact he was getting results.

I think it was more the fact that we were bottom of the table 13 points a drift to be honest, but still these wild conspiracy theory's only appear when things are going badly,

you know what really funny? The appear at every single club when things are going badly, ie complete bullshit

on gagging orders they don't last for the rest of your life they last for the length of your contract so why has no pervious managers ever come out and stated, you know like the ones who do actually complain about interference at Layton orient for example

Just now, Atticus said:

Bury your head in the sand..........

Address it then. Lansdown "apparently" chooses the players, the formation and vetoes various appointments for vicarious reasons, yet during our L1 Championship season he either didn't do all this, or he did it so successfully it actually enhanced the club.

You can't say the owner buggers up all our managers' chances, without explaining away the successful seasons.

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

I think it was more the fact that we were bottom of the table 13 points a drift to be honest, but still these wild conspiracy theory's only appear when things are going badly,

you know what really funny? The appear at every single club when things are going badly, ie complete bullshit

on gagging orders they don't last for the rest of your life they last for the length of your contract so why has no pervious managers ever come out and stated, you know like the ones who do actually complain about interference at Layton orient for example

That is not a fact, it's completely incorrect.

3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

It's ironic really that you cite conspiracy theories and back it up with fabrications to suit your agenda...

He leaves City, who host leaders Middlesbrough on Saturday, in 22nd position, two points from safety.

Hope this works - this is a thread from late 2015 that sums up the transfer dealings of the promotion summer......

Believe it or not, but it backs up what people are saying re SC / SL interference....

=================================================================================================================================

As its New Years Eve... I will share with you 'My Opinion' on the subject..... people you don't have to believe me and neither will I name my sources, so save yourselves posting 100 times asking for them.

Nogbad is correct in what he says above!

This happened twice on big deals which led to them big scuppered and then being turned down. The two main targets of the Summer!!

Both deals were agreed in principal at the end of May.

The first deal scuppered was Harry Maguire, KB & SC had negotiated the deal to sign HM from Hull, a fee of £2.5 Million was agreed, personal terms agreed.

The second deal scuppered was Andre Gray, again KB & SC had negotiated a deal to sign AG from Brentford for £4.5 Million and £14k a week.

The deals were presented to JP who discusses them with SL

SL has the final say on all signings.

Beginning of June SC & KB go on holiday for 3 weeks and 2 weeks respectively. During this time JP & SL decide to negotiate the HM deal as they think they can get a better deal. They offer £1.25 million to Hull. Hull's response is that BCFC are trying the micky.... the deal had been agreed and now the club are trying to get him on the cheap. Hull's response is, you can buy HM but the price was then £4 Million and there was no negotiation. Deal falls through.

Next up is the Andre Gray deal, as mentioned above the deal was all agreed in principal by the end of May, this deal was scuppered due to SL/JP deciding to 'wait' on the deal, they believed that he was valued at £3 Million and were prepared to play cat and mouse with Brentford in order to get him cheaper. June passes and we are still waiting it out. In the mean time Burnley come sniffing but with no firm offers. We then try again at the end of July but Brentford are happy to hold out and tell BCFC that the price is now £8 Million. Andre Gray is now reluctant to move to us as we held out on the deal and were not offering any more than £14k a week. 

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

It's ironic really that you cite conspiracy theories and back it up with fabrications to suit your agenda...

He leaves City, who host leaders Middlesbrough on Saturday, in 22nd position, two points from safety.

it was a typo it was meant to be 5 points adrift, but the point still stands, was he interfering when we turned it round and finished well?

You know it is an interesting period for City fans when the Steve Cotterill haters of yesteryear are now posting that he was a misunderstood genius whose last season was sabotaged by the bloke who had appointed him, and had just given him a contract extension and huge pay rise....       :facepalm: 

Irrelevant but I've just found this beauty. I particularly like the last paragraph.

Bristol City FC has announced that manager Steve Cotterill has been relieved of his duties with immediate effect.

The club has failed to win in seven matches and sits in the bottom three of the Sky Bet Championship. 

Club chairman Keith Dawe said: “I brought Steve Cotterill into Bristol City just over two years ago as I believed he could keep us in League One that year and build from there. 

“Steve did keep us in the division and went on, in conjunction with the rest of the organisation, to deliver a League One championship and Johnstone’s Paint Trophy. That season will live in the memory for a long time. 

“Sadly, since the highs of last March and May things have not gone our way on the pitch and Steve has now left the club.” 

Assistant manager John Pemberton and Under-21 manager Wade Elliott will take charge of the team in the interim period. 

The club will now be looking to recruit a new head coach. 

Dawe added: “I thank Steve Cotterill for all his efforts over the last two seasons. Sadly we haven’t managed to push on from last season and the time has come for us to all move forward. 

The club’s aspiration is to ultimately become a Premier League club and this decision has been made to achieve our overall strategy for growth and player .”

4 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

who is Angus Scott? 

Seems like an interesting comment

A VERY sour-faced news anchor - you must know him.

Rubber-faced, slightly too much eye brow, and looks at the camera as if it's a piece of shit.

Got it??

;)

tfj  :protest:

6 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Irrelevant but I've just found this beauty. I particularly like the last paragraph.

Bristol City FC has announced that manager Steve Cotterill has been relieved of his duties with immediate effect.

The club has failed to win in seven matches and sits in the bottom three of the Sky Bet Championship. 

Club chairman Keith Dawe said: “I brought Steve Cotterill into Bristol City just over two years ago as I believed he could keep us in League One that year and build from there. 

“Steve did keep us in the division and went on, in conjunction with the rest of the organisation, to deliver a League One championship and Johnstone’s Paint Trophy. That season will live in the memory for a long time. 

“Sadly, since the highs of last March and May things have not gone our way on the pitch and Steve has now left the club.” 

Assistant manager John Pemberton and Under-21 manager Wade Elliott will take charge of the team in the interim period. 

Dawe added: “I thank Steve Cotterill for all his efforts over the last two seasons. Sadly we haven’t managed to push on from last season and the time has come for us to all move forward. 

The club’s aspiration is to ultimately become a Premier League club and this decision has been made to achieve our overall strategy for growth and player .”

:facepalm:

21 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

it was a typo it was meant to be 5 points adrift, but the point still stands, was he interfering when we turned it round and finished well?

You missed the 5 and manage to hit 1 and 3 simultaneously ! Have you got hands or flippers?

15 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

When reading this is it just me that is picturing Keith Dawe in a dimly lit room reading this statement off a piece of paper, with SL stood behind him pointing a gun at the back of his head?

3 hours ago, lenred said:

Not disputing 100% as the current situation is just too strange imho. But surely this would have come out by now if it were the case? We've had too many managers and all their associated personnel over the years for it not to have come out (save for some extremely high level comments from Flapper). Surely?! 

It seems that ex managers sign confidentiality clauses when they are sacked, so as not to spill the beans. Otherwise why do they all keep silent.

34 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I particularly like this bit,  "in conjunction with the rest of the organisation", dear me!

28 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

You know it is an interesting period for City fans when the Steve Cotterill haters of yesteryear are now posting that he was a misunderstood genius whose last season was sabotaged by the bloke who had appointed him, and had just given him a contract extension and huge pay rise....       :facepalm: 

I never once said cotterill was a genius,he did deliver us a league title and a minor cup though. Cotterill was Keith Dawes pick and was appointed as MANAGER at his insistence, cotterill wanted complete control over playing and transfer dealing and for 18 months it seemed a marriage made in heaven. But then the owners wanted to play with their toy and the relationship soured, the owners now have their own hand picked family friend as HEAD COACH, a man who will listen and have ideas "bounced off him" to the owners. 

You can Call it conspiracy theory's,Bulls**t whatever, i call it ignoring the obvious. its of no consequence, it's too late now, Steven Lansdown will sail his ship how he sees fit, he owns it. 

Of course owners/chairman 'interfere' it's their money!  As with a player, an over-interfering owner is a convenient excuse for a failing manager who, of course, manages entirely alone when things are going well.  Presumably this failure to recruit decent managers because of an over active Chairman also applies to 90% of the teams above us in both the Championship and Premier League?  

2 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

You can't say the owner buggers up all our managers' chances, without explaining away the successful seasons.

Personally I wouldn't say the owner buggers up our managers' chances, but I do think that NOW there is something more than is visible to us, that explains the stubbornness and may relate to the level of influence and access the owner has with the incumbent. You can pick up on it even from direct quotes. 

Cotterill's successful season was the exception because we'd dug such a big hole, I believe he was given free reign. We didn't hear about pillars or structure. Whether or not the time was right to sack Cotterill, the haste we got Johnson and returned to prior operating strategy tells me it was always the aim.

Lansdown rode the Cotterill horse on Cotterill's terms as long as it got us up the league, when it faltered, it was always back to plan A - and quickly. There is nothing necessarily wrong with Plan A, but in parallel I suggest SL's interest also evolved as the structure could afford him greater insight and control.

That is natural for any business leader. And if you look at Lansdown's tenure of the football club, he's gone from the starry eyed owner who bonded with Gary Johnson and picked up the mic now and again to get affirmation from fans, to having to become more personally involved due to managerial turnover.

That's come to a head this season with a family friend as "head coach", and a far more bullish and secure position for him with a giant new stand with his name on it that he sits atop. I think it's far more symbolic for him that we realise. The humbled, shy, low-confidence custodian of the club is now firmly entrenched. 

As stated elsewhere, my guess is he now does have access and influence over footballing matters - even if it's through passive manipulation - and that is a contributing factor to the retention of Lee Jonhson. The Lansdown of old would've been terrified of not being popular - he doesn't seek to appease us now.

Just now, old parkender said:

I never once said cotterill was a genius,he did deliver us a league title and a minor cup though. Cotterill was Keith Dawes pick and was appointed as MANAGER at his insistence, cotterill wanted complete control over playing and transfer dealing and for 18 months it seemed a marriage made in heaven. But then the owners wanted to play with their toy and the relationship soured, the owners now have their own hand picked family friend as HEAD COACH, a man who will listen and have ideas "bounced off him" to the owners. 

You can Call it conspiracy theory's,Bulls**t whatever, i call it ignoring the obvious. its of no consequence, it's too late now, Steven Lansdown will sail his ship how he sees fit, he owns it. 

I wasn't referring to you, OP. I suspect the person concerned knows who I meant ;)

Certainly agree with your last par. Having his way of course also extended to approving KD's recommendation for manager when Cotts was appointed. No way does a decision like that not need his say-so.

If the FA ever gets around to insisting on a higher degree of democracy viz fan representation in the running of English football clubs, I'll applaud them to the rafters. But this is England. And they are the FA. I'm not holding my breath.... :crying:

Archived