IGNORED

Season Card Sales down by 2,500

Kid in the Riot

http://the72.co.uk/52940/bristol-city-fans-full-of-hope-as-season-ticket-sales-boom/

Taken from 2016 at the same point in sales procedure as this year (start of general sale):

The club’s ambition has been warmly welcomed by Bristol City’s supporters with over 11,500 already renewing their season tickets prior to the tickets going on general sale earlier today.

Cause for concern?

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

http://the72.co.uk/52940/bristol-city-fans-full-of-hope-as-season-ticket-sales-boom/

Taken from 2016 at the same point in sales procedure as this year (start of general sale):

Cause for concern?

The comparison doesn't quite fit.

That article was from the end of April last year, as it references the draw at Blackburn on the 22nd that 'secured Championship status'. I would think that our sales will see a jump once that has been done this season as well. With any luck after away to Blackburn again!

8 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

The comparison doesn't quite fit.

That article was from the end of April last year, as it references the draw at Blackburn on the 22nd that 'secured Championship status'. I would think that our sales will see a jump once that has been done this season as well. With any luck after away to Blackburn again!

Not quite but very, very close.

Both figures are taken at the end of the renewals period, so it's a very good indicator.

2,500 = 22% down, that's significant I'd say...hardly just a few stragglers.

If City retain SBC status and SC sales end up less than last season it'll be the club that suffers thru SL not changing managers when relegation was looking a distinct possibility.

Ive already renewed so it definitely wasn't my fault.........

24 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Not quite but very, very close.

Both figures are taken at the end of the renewals period, so it's a very good indicator.

2,500 = 22% down, that's significant I'd say...hardly just a few stragglers.

Fair to say that despite last season being very very disappointing, there was some general optimism at the end which doesn't appear to be the case now.

33 minutes ago, Robbored said:

If City retain SBC status and SC sales end up less than last season it'll be the club that suffers thru SL not changing managers when relegation was looking a distinct possibility.

Ive already renewed so it definitely wasn't my fault.........

I've also renewed but according to my wife everything is my fault. sorry all.

But no one was renewing, I read it here. I was looking forward to wandering up to the bar at HT, being first served, drinking my drink in silence before picking which seat I fancied sitting in for the second half. 

I may have to reconsider my rash decision to renew now.

4 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I could have sworn SL told Geoff Twentyman that renewals were at 60%? 

On another thread, dolly mentioned 9,000 renewals out of 13,800. 

Who's telling porkies? 

He said 65%, whether true or not who knows.

The 65% figure, 65% of what?

65% of the current ST figures or 65% of the current capacity?

If it's of the ST sales (assuming 13,000), then that's 8,450

If it's capacity of the ground, that about 13,000

8 minutes ago, bcfcfinker said:

The 65% figure, 65% of what?

65% of the current ST figures or 65% of the current capacity?

If it's of the ST sales (assuming 13,000), then that's 8,450

If it's capacity of the ground, that about 13,000

65% of current ST numbers I believe.

1 hour ago, View from the Dolman said:

Adam Baker has tweeted a figure of 9100 as being 65% as of last Wednesday...

9100 of the 13670 reported in September represents 66.57%.

So even after one of the shittest seasons in recent memory, we've still managed to sell (within a hundred or so, thus far) as many as The Blue Few's average attendance this season

4 minutes ago, 54-46 said:

So even after one of the shittest seasons in recent memory, we've still managed to sell (within a hundred or so, thus far) as many as The Blue Few's average attendance this season

are you sure this is one of the shiteist seasons, in recent memory I think my memory is good :- )

16 minutes ago, reddoh said:

are you sure this is one of the shiteist seasons, in recent memory I think my memory is good :- )

When your watching a charlatan in charge and everyone in the ground knows at least 5 better managers we could of gone for yes it is .If my business sales were down 22per cent then I would know there was a MAYOR problem somewhere

Just now, Mtimmy11 said:

When your watching a charlatan in charge and everyone in the ground knows at least 5 better managers we could of gone for yes it is .If my business sales were down 22per cent then I would know there was a MAYOR problem somewhere

You've cracked it Mtimmy !!!

Its that clown in the red trousers fault - He started it when he was in power ! ;)

Just now, Mtimmy11 said:

definitely one in Bristol please read your post before replying.

29 minutes ago, reddoh said:

I'd say any season your team sets a record for the most consecutive defeats in its history would make it one of the shittest recent seasons 

Archived