IGNORED

Clapping Freeman before he takes a corner

Dullmoan Tone

40 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

So it's untrue that he refused to play, Johnson was lying?

Essentially yes. He was told he wouldn't play until he signed said offered contract. He unsurprising responded badly to that bribery and the rest is history.

This wasn't intended as an anti LJ post but he does have form for an untruth does he not? Take the Pembo exit story debacle as a starter for 10.

It's been too good a day to concentrate on further negatives so Onwards & Upwards 

COYR

1 hour ago, Spoons said:

Interviews from who LJ? Because he never once says that he refused to play for the club. LJ did say many times he's not playing a player uncommitted to the cause, which is very different than refusing to play ! 

Im done for tonight with you because you've hit my buttons and I'm wound up by your naivety.  

Being 'uncommitted' is just as bad as refusing to play when you are a Bristol City player and Steve Landsdown is paying your wages for me. 

38 minutes ago, RaspberryRed said:

Essentially yes. He was told he wouldn't play until he signed said offered contract. He unsurprising responded badly to that bribery and the rest is history.

This wasn't intended as an anti LJ post but he does have form for an untruth does he not? Take the Pembo exit story debacle as a starter for 10.

It's been too good a day to concentrate on further negatives so Onwards & Upwards 

COYR

Oh well. What matters was that today he did what he did for the last two years in a City shirt. 

**** all. 

34 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

So much hate in football. I like the banter between fans/players etc but I also recognise that Freeman was a key player in one of the most enjoyable seasons I've seen city be involved in. Really don't get why anyone would get too upset about this...

Couldn't agree more. 

These people who get self righteous about things like this, are no doubt the same people who, if they saw him out and about wouldnt say a word to him, just text their mates saying 'OMG just seen Luke Freeman!'

5 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Oh well. What matters was that today he did what he did for the last two years in a City shirt. 

**** all. 

Wow so humble. You slate someone using incorrect FACTS as ammo then when corrected rather swallow that you petulantly slate him for something else. Embarrassing

''See Ya''

24 minutes ago, Fishponds_Red said:

Being 'uncommitted' is just as bad as refusing to play when you are a Bristol City player and Steve Landsdown is paying your wages for me. 

Have you never been in a job and lost your mojo and need a fresh start somewhere?

Difference is LJ made the decision for freeman as he made it clear he wasn't playing until he signed a new contract. That wasn't going to happen as Luke made it clear a move home to London to a decent club and nearer family etc is what he wanted . That's just refreshing and honest to hear from a modern day pro. LJ spun the whole he refused to play thing, not once did those words actually come out of LJ mouth though!

Anyway it's late and I'm halfway through my bottle of southern comfort do must go! 

5 hours ago, bh_red said:

Pathetic comments from many of you with very short memories.

A player who despite being under contract the head coach refused to select unless he extend his contact and was publically outed by the Head Coach 

Then once he had completed a Medical with another club the manager publically outs him again for refusing to play and risking his transfer. 

key part of the double winners, thought he was one of their best players.

Will always get respect from me.

great comment

8 hours ago, RaspberryRed said:

Wow so humble. You slate someone using incorrect FACTS as ammo then when corrected rather swallow that you petulantly slate him for something else. Embarrassing

''See Ya''

So Johnson was libellous in the press about Freeman yet he happily shook his hand today. Odd. 

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

So Johnson was libellous in the press about Freeman yet he happily shook his hand today. Odd. 

Pose/Frame the the question anyway you choose as it's been answered over and over again during this thread by me and numerous others

You seem to have your fingers in your ears tantraming cos you don't like/get the answer you want :grr: 

I've answered it at least 3 times now. I'm out

Just now, RaspberryRed said:

Pose/Frame the the question anyway you choose as it's been answered over and over again during this thread by me and numerous others

You seem to have your fingers in your ears tantraming cos you don't like/get the answer you want :grr: 

I've answered it at least 3 times now. I'm out

Tantruming? Behave. What answer is it you think I'm seeking?

I think it's inexcusable for a footballer player to refuse to play for their club, that's all, no matter what's going on between player and manager, you're still an employee of the club until you've signed for another.

And that's the reason he didn't get a good reception from many. 

I find it odd that if Johnson was the big baddie that you say he was, Freeman was more than happy to shake his hand and speak to him after the game. 

Many - myself included - were happy to see him go after two years of delivering nothing at this level and it was good for us that yesterday was no exception. 

9 hours ago, RaspberryRed said:

COYR

I would be inclined to do what LJ did. Why pick a player who isn't committed to the club? We don't seem to be missing him in any event.

13 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Tantruming? Behave. What answer is it you think I'm seeking?

I think it's inexcusable for a footballer player to refuse to play for their club, that's all, no matter what's going on between player and manager, you're still an employee of the club until you've signed for another.

And that's the reason he didn't get a good reception from many. 

I find it odd that if Johnson was the big baddie that you say he was, Freeman was more than happy to shake his hand and speak to him after the game. 

Many - myself included - were happy to see him go after two years of delivering nothing at this level and it was good for us that yesterday was no exception. 

For me Luke Freeman is currently favourite to win goal of the season. 

But hey, some love to throw around the 'done nothing for 2 years stick' again utter rubbish

16 minutes ago, bh_red said:

For me Luke Freeman is currently favourite to win goal of the season. 

But hey, some love to throw around the 'done nothing for 2 years stick' again utter rubbish

How is it rubbish? His goals and assist level over almost two seasons in the championship with us was woeful. 

6 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Wrong

Neither refused to play

Both said they'd prefer not / Heads weren't  right

But neither refused to play

A whole lot of incorrect claims on here

Saying my head's not right is refusing to play, if you think about it. It hardly gives the manager much choice.

Gaffer, my head's not right. Is it alright if i don't give it all today?   uh, no

Just now, AppyDAZE said:

A bit over dramatic there, Bob

No - just trying to point out there IS a difference

And the 'refused to play' has been banded freely about as a fact

And it's incorrect

Theres been a few spells in this season when most of them have been picked but didn't bother to play

14 hours ago, redmycolour said:

I booed so what.he said he didn't want to play for us.ask to be left out.

And you're correct.

He was a brilliant player for us but that was over two seasons ago in League 1. We're flying to the moon now!

I actually thought he did well also early on in our first season back.

He's a professional footballer and was under contract with us. I bet he had no qualms about picking up his wages after refusing to play.

So all respect for him went out of the window at that point.

As far as I am concerned I want my team to win and if that means putting him off then so be it.

Fans opinions differ but he could've handled the situation a lot better.

He is by no means the worst.

Yesterday he had some neat touches, broke & played a lovely ball through once but overall flattered to deceive. A bit like his career here.

When they appoint yet another manager he'll be chip paper and end up at Gillingham most likely.

Pack was head and shoulders above him.

Archived