IGNORED

Clapping Freeman before he takes a corner

Dullmoan Tone

1 hour ago, bh_red said:

Pathetic comments from many of you with very short memories.

A player who despite being under contract the head coach refused to select unless he extend his contact and was publically outed by the Head Coach 

Then once he had completed a Medical with another club the manager publically outs him again for refusing to play and risking his transfer. 

key part of the double winners, thought he was one of their best players.

Will always get respect from me.

A manager who didn't select him because he just wasn't good enough. Today's game proved that  

but you clapped him when he took a corner.

I bet your one of those people who thought the Bristol pound was a good idea. 

The booing was out of order today as it was on the 28th February against Villa. Both players were key players in previous seasons. Kodjia last season and Freeman in league 1. Kodjia's move was very hard to turn down and Freeman felt it was time for a new chapter in his career which is fair enough. 

2 minutes ago, Flint says No said:

The booing was out of order today as it was on the 28th February against Villa. Both players were key players in previous seasons. Kodjia last season and Freeman in league 1. Kodjia's move was very hard to turn down and Freeman felt it was time for a new chapter in his career which is fair enough. 

refusing to do what they are paid extremely handsomely to do.

Nah, they deserved every single boo they got.

2 hours ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Alright he didn't deserve the boo's, but clapping the opposition to make them feel good before they take a corner against us - just stop it you numpties!

Simple he didn't deserve silly little chavs booing him so those with half a brain responded by clapping him!

This bloke is part of a record breaking team. Deserves a lot ore respect than shown today! 

Matt smith a loan player was cheered of the pitch but freeman booed. Embarrassing . 

And before people say he refused to play for us bollocks, we wouldn't play a player we were about to sell and LJ made clear he wasn't playing till he signed a new contract

Just now, JamesBCFC said:

It's all been stated in various interviews.

Kodjia asked to be left out the Scunthorpe game.

Freeman had been dropped and refused to play when he was called upon.

Kodjia was on the bench for the Scunthorpe game and probably asked because we were against league 1 opposition and Freeman probably was in talks with QPR at the time.

Just now, Spoons said:

Simple he didn't deserve silly little chavs booing him so those with half a brain responded by clapping him!

This bloke is part of a record breaking team. Deserves a lot ore respect than shown today! 

Matt smith a loan player was cheered of the pitch but freeman booed. Embarrassing . 

And before people say he refused to play for us bollocks, we wouldn't play a player we were about to sell and LJ made clear he wasn't playing till he signed a new contract

There you go @JamesBCFC

2 hours ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Unbelievable, maybe don't boo but don't clap

AG is turning into to much of a pleasant family day out for away teams these days

This must cost us a few points each season, the difference between staying up or going down possibly 

did it cost us points today?

Just now, Flint says No said:

Kodjia was on the bench for the Scunthorpe game and probably asked because we were against league 1 opposition and Freeman probably was in talks with QPR at the time.

Kodjia was on the bench, he still asked to not be played. I do not care if a move is being negotiated, until it is finalised they are a Bristol City player and should be expected to play for the team if selected. 

Same applies to Freeman, Johnson had dropped him due to the contract situation, and fair enough. Not the best way to handle it, but there is sense to it. Drop him and say why so the whole thing can be resolved sooner.

Both refused to play in one way or another, I did not boo either, but the boos were hardly unwarranted.

14 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

They both refused to play.

Kodjia refused against Scunthorpe, Freeman against Burnley.

Freeman refused to play against Burnley because his medical was done and fee all but agreed with QPR. Would've cup tied him too as it was an FA Cup game. 

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

Freeman refused to play against Burnley because his medical was done and fee all but agreed with QPR. Would've cup tied him too as it was an FA Cup game. 

So things were not finalised. He was a Bristol City player. And being cup-tied wouldn't have been an issue for a side who were no longer in the cup.

1 hour ago, RaspberryRed said:

It's like Sky News!! One incorrect soundbite to back your agenda. The fact is as previously stated

''A player who despite being under contract the head coach refused to select unless he extend his contact and was publically outed by the Head Coach 

Then once he had completed a Medical with another club the manager publically outs him again for refusing to play and risking his transfer''

It was bad and naive management who covered his ass when coming unstuck trying to force his hand with the new contract

I don't think he's up to this level but let's not hang him with untruth's

So it's untrue that he refused to play, Johnson was lying?

10 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

So things were not finalised. He was a Bristol City player. And being cup-tied wouldn't have been an issue for a side who were no longer in the cup.

10 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Kodjia point blank refused to play against Scunthorpe. Nothing to do with the level of the opposition.

Yeah but Freeman was probably in London finalising his move as for Kodjia he didnt really refuse to play Johnson probably put him on the bench by choice.

22 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Are you naive ? We would not play a player we were going to sell the next day for £300,000 !! Insurance if he got injured risk of deal collapsing etc. easy for club to blame player but he was told ' fact ' he was not playing again until he signed a new contract!

take your head out your arse and show  some respect to the bloke.

1 minute ago, Spoons said:

Are you naive ? We would not play a player we were going to sell the next day for £300,000 !! Insurance if he got injured risk of deal collapsing etc. easy for club to blame player but he was told ' fact ' he was not playing again until he signed a new contract!

take your head out your arse and so some respect to the bloke.

I'm showing Freeman as much respect as he did to Bristol City. Didn't realise the "Headless Chicken" fan club was on here tonight

2 hours ago, bh_red said:

Pathetic comments from many of you with very short memories.

A player who despite being under contract the head coach refused to select unless he extend his contact and was publically outed by the Head Coach 

Then once he had completed a Medical with another club the manager publically outs him again for refusing to play and risking his transfer. 

key part of the double winners, thought he was one of their best players.

Will always get respect from me.

Far too many like to wallow in nostalgia. Remember when.....I've done it!!

Just now, Spoons said:

You are clueless mate. Must be nearly bedtime ! 

Still got more of a clue than yourself.

Unlike you, I have actually acknowledged Johnson didn't handle things in the best way, whereas you cannot bring it upon yourself to accept that a player flat out refused to play, even though it has been reported as such and, even some of the more sceptical of LJ have accepted that.

Unlike yourself, I will steer clear of the personal comments too.

Just now, JamesBCFC said:

Still got more of a clue than yourself.

Unlike you, I have actually acknowledged Johnson didn't handle things in the best way, whereas you cannot bring it upon yourself to accept that a player flat out refused to play, even though it has been reported as such and, even some of the more sceptical of LJ have accepted that.

Unlike yourself, I will steer clear of the personal comments too.

You make personal incorrect comments about Luke freeman refusing to play. That is untrue so expect the back lash until you show your evidence!  And I know that's not the case.

unbelievably naive at best.  

Just now, Spoons said:

You make personal incorrect comments about Luke freeman refusing to play. That is untrue so expect the back lash until you show your evidence!  And I know that's not the case.

unbelievably naive at best.  

There's plenty of evidence by way of interviews from January. 

You keep on ignoring what happened though...

3 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

There's plenty of evidence by way of interviews from January. 

You keep on ignoring what happened though...

Interviews from who LJ? Because he never once says that he refused to play for the club. LJ did say many times he's not playing a player uncommitted to the cause, which is very different than refusing to play ! 

Im done for tonight with you because you've hit my buttons and I'm wound up by your naivety.  

Archived