IGNORED

Joe Bryan

Going by what we could see on the tv last light, Bryan was up against officially the best player in the league and didn't give him a sniff all game.

So, how do you get Bryan to perform consistently well throughout a season? 

Left back was certainly an area I thought we needed to strengthen over the summer but their would be no need to if he can play like he has over the last month or so. Problem is that I just get the feeling 10 games into next season we will be asking ourselves why we never got a new left back as Bryan looks out of his depth again!

So what's the answer? New left back anyway? Or put the focus into make my sure Bryan performs week in week out?

I think he's a big confidence player, when it's working he is brilliant, but when things at going wrong he goes into a shell and makes bad decisions. 

This is an area he needs to work on and I would expect that Jamie Mac is having a positive influence here. A solid LB at championship level.

"Competitive sports are played mainly on a five and a half inch court, the space between your ears" Bobby Jones.

This is the final piece in the "jigsaw" for Joe, he has everything else to be a Championship player.

I think it's down to the fact that he's seen so many players come in on better deals, he's just after an improved contract.

Can't blame him in a way but the way he's gone about it has been pretty disgusting, rather than showing how he deserves one it's been a case of, I won't play until I get a better one

just my opinion

Just now, Nube Rojo said:

I think it's down to the fact that he's seen so many players come in on better deals, he's just after an improved contract.

Can't blame him in a way but the way he's gone about it has been pretty disgusting, rather than showing how he deserves one it's been a case of, I won't play until I get a better one

just my opinion

Is this on the right thread? 

8 minutes ago, Nube Rojo said:

just my opinion

Eh? Did you get KO'd by AJ last night as well? Fail to see why you've put this here. 

12 minutes ago, Nube Rojo said:

just my opinion

Bizarre post 

1 minute ago, JasonM88 said:

May be bizzare, but....

But what? He has been playing badly because he thinks he deserves a new contract? Personally I don't think he has performed that poorly anyway, also he is a bright guy and would know that's the wrong way to go about it.

2 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Going by what we could see on the tv last light, Bryan was up against officially the best player in the league and didn't give him a sniff all game.

So, how do you get Bryan to perform consistently well throughout a season? 

Left back was certainly an area I thought we needed to strengthen over the summer but their would be no need to if he can play like he has over the last month or so. Problem is that I just get the feeling 10 games into next season we will be asking ourselves why we never got a new left back as Bryan looks out of his depth again!

So what's the answer? New left back anyway? Or put the focus into make my sure Bryan performs week in week out?

Stop bloody moaning about him when he is off form for a start!!!

Joe Bryan needs to realise he's droppable. At the minute he's first/ second name on team sheet every week and with no stif competition to keep him on his toes. He definatly needed dropping two months back if anything just to rest him and give him the kick up the arse he needed. 

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I would say that playing in that position consistently and now having a coach who was a left back will make him a better player in that position.

Bryan has far more ability than McAllister ever had. He was a very average LB. I doubt he could teach Bryan anything.

Just now, Robbored said:

Bryan has far more ability than McAllister ever had. He was a very average LB. I doubt he could teach Bryan anything.

Basic positioning and understanding of the role. Where to be and when to be there. They were things that Bryan was struggling with, which you'd expect McAllister to be expert at.

Just now, JasonM88 said:

Basic positioning and understanding of the role. Where to be and when to be there. They were things that Bryan was struggling with, which you'd expect McAllister to be expert at.

Come on!  Bryan has enough experience already to know basics of the LB role. He's played at wing back ffs. That's a position Macca never played.

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Wenger was a poor defensive midfielder but he taught Henry, Viera, Pires all a thing or two. 

If we're serious about the whole 'pathway' stuff for young players, and LJ/the coaching staff want Bryan to be a left back, then I'd say just bring Lloyd Dyer into the squad as back-up, and we'll work from there.

We all know Mags has played there before, so in the worst case scenario I guess we could play him there, but we apparently have this great talent waiting in the wings, so why to give him a shot?

Look at Ryan Sessegnon at Fulham; blood 'em young or let 'em go - Bryan himself is proof of that working.  If we need more experience come January, loan out Dyer and bring in some cover.

Sounds a bit basic, I realise, but surely the likes of Brownhill and O'Dowda are examples of giving younger players a shot to prove themselves being a good idea.

Sick of the stick Joe gets, he's young and developing. Off days and on days. More on than off, during the awful run our defence was hammered, Flint looked more panel beater than world beater at times this season, after last night everyone claiming he's off to the Prem, we are a work in progress, lucky not to have blown up, but doing okay at the present!

10 minutes ago, adamski said:

Sick of the stick Joe gets, he's young and developing. Off days and on days. More on than off, during the awful run our defence was hammered, Flint looked more panel beater than world beater at times this season, after last night everyone claiming he's off to the Prem, we are a work in progress, lucky not to have blown up, but doing okay at the present!

He's played nearly 150 games now? 

He seems to be at his best in the warm weather, maybe he needs to move to Spain.

Also, still don't think he's a left back, he's a box to box midfielder.

24 minutes ago, samo II said:

If we're serious about the whole 'pathway' stuff for young players, and LJ/the coaching staff want Bryan to be a left back, then I'd say just bring Lloyd Dyer into the squad as back-up, and we'll work from there.

We all know Mags has played there before, so in the worst case scenario I guess we could play him there, but we apparently have this great talent waiting in the wings, so why to give him a shot?

Look at Ryan Sessegnon at Fulham; blood 'em young or let 'em go - Bryan himself is proof of that working.  If we need more experience come January, loan out Dyer and bring in some cover.

Sounds a bit basic, I realise, but surely the likes of Brownhill and O'Dowda are examples of giving younger players a shot to prove themselves being a good idea.

Think it is Lloyd Kelly. Dyer was the one who missed the sitter on the line for Burton at the gate a while back.

Archived