IGNORED

Attendance vs Brum - NOW SOLD OUT

JakeOTIB

2 minutes ago, LeeCity said:

I'd put the blame with the club that organised a tournament on City's last home game of the season, the fixtures were out last June !

The club holding the tournament has nothing to do with City

If you are using that point of blame how do you know the tournament wasn't organised first?

I wasn't blaming City 

15 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

Free to criticise but your ST doom mongering before the Wolves game was pretty much wide of the mark... It was fairly obvious that some were holding out until we virtually secured Championship status.

11,000 ST secured for next season and we've just started May should see a healthy number come the start of the 2017/18 season

Difficult to see it reaching 13,800 though to match last season. And that has to be classed as disappointing given Championship football will still be at AG and Bristol Sport's stated aim was to build our support season on season and ultimately fill the ground. 

The majority will clearly renew but it looks like as many as 10% will not and any respectable business would, and should, be concerned about that.

28 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Certainly before the reconstruction started our potential capacity was greater that 19000, even with segregation, but we never got over that figure despite knocking on the door of the premiership in one of the seasons.

No, the potential capacity was about 19k over the past 10 or so years.

Point is as well is that the facilities were nowhere near as good - see similar bounce in attendances when the Atyeo was built. You also struggled to be able to find more than 2 seats together which put off groups going, not the same problem generally now.

We now also have hospitality facilities that rival most Prem clubs that brings in 1,000 people through the door every week. You just can't compare the two IMO.

I said last summer our average would be 19k as @Jack Dawe recently noted!

44 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Sorry, I forgot 'thou shall not criticise the project'. 

I take the time to write something constructive and you come back with this? Think it says more about you than me matey!

No one said anything about criticism. But there is a difference between deserved criticism and insisting on finding a way to turn a positive into a negative. Our highest average for a generation is unquestionably a positive, and it is no less valid even if it is due to the ground redevelopment, which in itself is a part of the "project" you are so keen to deride.

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

No, the potential capacity was about 19k over the past 10 or so years.

Point is as well is that the facilities were nowhere near as good - see similar bounce in attendances when the Atyeo was built. You also struggled to be able to find more than 2 seats together which put off groups going, not the same problem generally now.

We now also have hospitality facilities that rival most Prem clubs that brings in 1,000 people through the door every week. You just can't compare the two IMO.

I said last summer our average would be 19k as @Jack Dawe recently noted!

So the club are right to make the point that greater numbers have been attracted by the improved facilities? I am glad we have a point of agreement. It seems logical for the club to point this out so we can all see the benefit of attending games on a construction site for the previous couple of seasons. Surely attendances is one of the areas in which any club would want to see improve for the amount that has been spent. Good for them.

The "reduce the tickets and increase the crowd theory" is dubious at best.

Until the Birmingham game, what were our highest attendances? Newcastle and Villa - both at full price. £10 tickets for Blackburn increased the crowd but it did not surpass those two. £13 for Hull in the League Cup 4th round drew 16k.

That suggests to me that the size of the occasion or the quality of the opposition is a more significant factor in ticket sales. The ticket price will have certainly helped the Birmingham game but it's not the only factor - not least the fact that it's our last game, and for a long time looked likely to be crucial.

4 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

Educated guesses seem to be over 24000. Difficult to ascertain exactly what is sold out or not yet released I think. 

The figure should (hopefully) exceed 24k and be our biggest crowd of the season.

HOWEVER - we must all remember that it will be a false number due to the LJ out party who aren't attending any more. I hope everyone remembers the hysteria and hate mob generated that turned their backs on the club.

Was really effective....

So realistically, 7k or so.

6 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

So the club are right to make the point that greater numbers have been attracted by the improved facilities? I am glad we have a point of agreement. It seems logical for the club to point this out so we can all see the benefit of attending games on a construction site for the previous couple of seasons. Surely attendances is one of the areas in which any club would want to see improve for the amount that has been spent. Good for them.

I have never had anything but full admiration for the Ashton Vale and AG redevelopment projects. Absolutely essential to us moving forward. 19k is not unimpressive for sure, could be better? Quite possibly, IMHO.

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Until the Birmingham game, what were our highest attendances? Newcastle and Villa - both at full price. £10 tickets for Blackburn increased the crowd but it did not surpass those two. £13 for Hull in the League Cup 4th round drew 16k.

That suggests to me that the size of the occasion or the quality of the opposition is a more significant factor in ticket sales. The ticket price will have certainly helped the Birmingham game but it's not the only factor - not least the fact that it's our last game, and for a long time looked likely to be crucial.

You seem to have spotted some sort of correlation here...

4 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I think you are clever enough to understand what I was saying; namely, that it is the nowhere near as simple as "drop the ticket prices and low and behold...". The evidence this season suggests that it is the quality and magnitude of the fixture that is the biggest influence.

52 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

The club holding the tournament has nothing to do with City

If you are using that point of blame how do you know the tournament wasn't organised first?

I wasn't blaming City 

Junior tournaments are flexible, I know this because I help run one, organised first or not the club could of changed the date.

City had no say in the final day fixture date/time

18 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I have never had anything but full admiration for the Ashton Vale and AG redevelopment projects. Absolutely essential to us moving forward. 19k is not unimpressive for sure, could be better? Quite possibly, IMHO.

It's an interesting one for sure. I have often wondered whether it would work in our favour to reduce the prices, I am not sure where the price point is that would increase the attendance to a level that would generate the same level (or greater level) of income, do you have a view on what that figure might be?  You may be correct that a cheaper ticket would have the ground fuller, but if that results in little or no significant improvement in turnover, what would be the point from the clubs perspective?

I Look at the match day prices and wonder whether I would pay them every week, (I am lucky to be able to afford a season ticket to forego that outlay) and the clubs clear intention is to create a "day out event" that includes a football match to encourage people to pay that little bit extra, and there seems to be a surprising number willing to do so.  
As a comparison, I struggle to work up the enthusiasm to see a lot of big bands at the prices that the tickets are advertised at, and yet there seem to be a large number of people prepared to pay more for them through other sites. 

I am curious to know how many people are turning up on match days to take in the fanzone, listen to the music and use the sportsbar facilities, I think that is something that could become a popular thing to do for those only interested in the bigger games

. Unlike the "fousands of gasheads" locked out of their away games, people who did that could be adding to the turnover without actually attending!

Just now, MattWSM said:

As Bimingham only have 2.5k allocation for their biggest game of the season has anyone mentioned they could be the ones buying up the tickets elsewhere in the ground

First I've heard of it :ph34r:

Just now, MattWSM said:

As Bimingham only have 2.5k allocation for their biggest game of the season has anyone mentioned they could be the ones buying up the tickets elsewhere in the ground

Yes it's been mentioned, but I don't think it's a significant number.

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Yes it's been mentioned, but I don't think it's a significant number.

Ok, just interested why you think its not a significant number.

They probably want to bring 5k+ to this one given the close proximity

If you read the Birmingham forum it would appear a number have bought tickets in the home end.

Interesting that additional trains are going to be put on from WSM to Parson Street @9.08 and 10.52 to cater for those fans who have travelled down the night before.

1 minute ago, E.G.Red said:

If you read the Birmingham forum it would appear a number have bought tickets in the home end.

Interesting that additional trains are going to be put on from WSM to Parson Street @9.08 and 10.52 to cater for those fans who have travelled down the night before.

Or because fans on this forum asked GWR and @JulieH to make additional stops.

Just now, Ska Junkie said:

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, sitting and text

I appreciate it's not one of ours but it's a fellow football supporter and 35 is no age at all. If Brum do this, I think we should join in and show a bit of solidarity.

There's already a thread for this.

3 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

The Blackburn game saw the highest number of us - City - inside AG this season, more than 20k of us. With away support, there was under 20k City for both Newcastle and Villa (although there were capacity restrictions at those 2 games). 

What the lower price seems to have done is to make the "less attractive" games more attractive.

16 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

I don't think it should occur at away grounds but if Brum do it shame on anyone who takes the piss.

I guess they won't get another chance at a home game this season? I share your sentiment but I can go with it this time.

2 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

Or because fans on this forum asked GWR and @JulieH to make additional stops.

Club are aware of possibility of away fans in home areas. Last week they cancelled a number of suspect tickets after speaking with purchasers and will be trawling again this week!

good news I think on trains as the more fans away from the road closures the better.

we are prepared for a good day of football with hopefully no issues, it's been a long season and city fans have been very well behaved, makes my job much easier . !!

6 minutes ago, JulieH said:

Club are aware of possibility of away fans in home areas. Last week they cancelled a number of suspect tickets after speaking with purchasers and will be trawling again this week!

good news I think on trains as the more fans away from the road closures the better.

we are prepared for a good day of football with hopefully no issues, it's been a long season and city fans have been very well behaved, makes my job much easier . !!

I'd love to know what the line of questioning was...

Archived