IGNORED

Attendance vs Brum - NOW SOLD OUT

JakeOTIB

Just now, CotswoldRed said:

Just have to ignore them. 

But as you know CR , some probably won't 

As an aside,

Interesting how the Clubs have complied with Data Protection in cross checking databases

From my knowledge of DPA Not sure they can legally do so

2 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

What do you do when they score? Just stand up and applaud?

Imagine the goalscorer came running over and jumped over the billboard to hug you?!?!

Pretty much! You just play the game. You are much more just watching the match, than really getting in to it. Of course it is not the same, but age mellows as well....a bit. If situations were reversed, I would not try for this game, as the stakes are so high I am not sure I could.

1 minute ago, cityexile said:

Pretty much! You just play the game. You are much more just watching the match, than really getting in to it. Of course it is not the same, but age mellows as well....a bit. If situations were reversed, I would not try for this game, as the stakes are so high I am not sure I could.

Yep, spot on. I'm not sure I'd do it for a game like this where I'd struggle to keep quiet.

Remember doing it at Stockport a few years ago, City took the lead and the bloke next to us said "you're City fans aren't you?", my old man somewhat sheepishly confirmed we were and the bloke said "that's good, so are we!"

10 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

What do you do when they score? Just stand up and applaud?

Imagine the goalscorer came running over and jumped over the billboard to hug you?!?!

When I was in the home end at Ninian for the play off semi in 2003, I stood up and "applauded" when Cardiff scored their winner to make sure I didn't give myself away. But I made sure my clap was so soft, my hands didn't make any noise!

I've been in the home end with mates at Twerton v Rovers. We had to jump over a wall onto the pitch after We were identified by a number of Rovers 'associates'. A nice copper took us round to the City end when I really thought we would be thrown out.

worst experience though was buying a ticket in the home end at St Andrews. The away end was sold out. The Brummies around me looked like extras from Crimewatch and it was soon clear to me that I was sat amongst the Zulus. When Tony Thorpe scored I didn't move and when Birmingham scored I cheered loud. There was no way I was giving myself away amongst that lot, I'm sure I wouldn't be walking now if I did.

7 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

As an aside,

Interesting how the Clubs have complied with Data Protection in cross checking databases

Probably ok under the Terrorism Act....

The Brummies are terrified what may happen this Sunday, they're scared stiff of League One! but the show must go on til the fat lady sings.

4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

When I was in the home end at Ninian for the play off semi in 2003, I stood up and "applauded" when Cardiff scored their winner to make sure I didn't give myself away. But I made sure my clap was so soft, my hands didn't make any noise!

Haha I did the same at Twerton in 1996. Four times :)

22 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

As an aside,

Very interest point. 

Unless they simply ask if they have anyone from a certain street. Does that get around it? 

26 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Ah, memories. Worst lie I ever told (but our secret, don't go sharing it)...

Luton of all places. Cracking game, lost 3-2, after coming back from 2-0 down. Both going for the play offs.

Anyhow, last minute living in MK, thought, sod it, just got in the car and drove down and bought a ticket on the day. City end sold out. Only when I got in did I realise I was amongst the numbties close to the City fans, giving it large. All very chatty, and picked up on my, not strong now, accent. Questions ensued. Lots of sideways looks. I laughed, pooing my pants really. I explained I lived in MK (which I did so could talk about that at length), but it was obvious I knew nothing really about the Luton side, and all I could come up with, to my eternal shame, was that I was a local Bristol Rovers fan who just fancied watching City get stuffed. At 2-0 up (or down, if you see what I mean) they even started a quick 'you are worse than Bristol Rovers' in my honour! The things I sang about Tony Thorpe that day.

I then was in the gang! Big time one of their adopted fans for the day. Best of chums. I had to overact more than I thought I was capable of every bloody attack. And no, this would not be a dull 0-0 would it!

From that day, if going in the wrong end, I have always done a little more research as to where.

Confession is good for the soul. You will not tell anyone will you.

Just now, SODS_LAW said:

So how many tickets have been sold?

Someone will know but it's already guaranteed to be the biggest crowd of the season. The ticket price will have helped but given that tickets appear to be continuing to sell well despite that fact this is now a fairly meaningless game for us, you have to think that a large proportion of the Upper Lansdown is going to be Brum fans.

I'll be in W6 - will be interesting to see what the atmosphere is like up there, a bit flat I suspect.

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Someone will know but it's already guaranteed to be the biggest crowd of the season. The ticket price will have helped but given that tickets appear to be continuing to sell well despite that fact this is now a fairly meaningless game for us, you have to think that a large proportion of the Upper Lansdown is going to be Brum fans.

I'll be in W6 - will be interesting to see what the atmosphere is like up there, a bit flat I suspect.

It was confirmed somewhere on the official site that over 24k was due to be at the game.

http://mobile.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/we-deserve-to-stay-up-brownhill-3702501.aspx

At the bottom of the article! No idea why this wasnt announced officially, unless i missed it.

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

Good thought but still disclosing personal data to third party 

:whistle:

If it's not personally identifiable its probably fine. Think you can share almost any data with names removed. 

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Good thought but still disclosing personal data to third party 

:whistle:

Not an expert on this by any manner of means, but wonder if there is anything in the small print when you effectively agree to go on the database that you allow your information to be shared in this way? Not an uncommon way for clubs to check, and would be an oversight if they were all in breach?

Just now, CotswoldRed said:

If it's not personally identifiable its probably fine. Think you can share almost any data with names removed. 

Ahhh see what you mean - check addresses rather than names

Possibly 

Though do you see either clubs ticket staff know the first thing about DPA !!!!    

:laughcont:

11 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Ahhh see what you mean - check addresses rather than names

Possibly 

Though do you see either clubs ticket staff know the first thing about DPA !!!!    

:laughcont:

They'll be even more confused when the amendments to the DPA are introduced and we are in a European competition!

Chances are, depending on what they share, they are fine to do so, don't believe (unless someone has previous) they can share much more than a postcode and street name. Anything else could possibly be in breach of DPA regulations.... UNLESS! You have shared your email address/personal information with view to it being advertised to external parties on request, this would be referenced against the terms and conditions you accepted.

The club will have a data protection  officer who can probably advise if anyone does have a genuine concern, but I'd be amazed if anyone did.

Archived