IGNORED

Joe Bryan - Conference Player

Chairman Mao

Unfair to point him out. Most were quite poor and not up for it. Another nothing performance from Lee Tomlin and yet his name was sung again when he come on. Why? Im no BCFC historian but when you take into account the fee and wages probably the worst transfer in the history of the club. 

I've been a big Bailey Wright fan since he's been here but he was horrible today. Seems to not think about things before he does them half the time. Last straw was when he went straight through the back of Donaldson near the end of the game. Eased the pressure right up. 

Think today just sums the club up really. A chance to be ruthless and possibly relegate a team but we were soft and not up for a fight. Guarantee if roles were reversed they equalise and send us down. 

Just now, BRISTOL86 said:

He was woeful and is one of a number of players who need to be replaced with better if we want to avoid another season at the wrong end. 

LJ has made it clear how highly he thinks of him, an opinion that seems to be independent of actual performances. That is likely to make a player complacent imo as there is no incentive to improve if you know your place is pretty much guaranteed.

There again BCFC has often been one big comfort zone.

I thought he was poor for most of the game and his shots were a joke. There is a reason he doesnt play up front , maybe its about time someone told him why. If he had squared the ball to Smith who was open and unmarked on the penalty spot in the fiest half instead of another shite shot I think we would have scored. 

The difference between players at different levels is consistency and though Joe might put an occasional good cross in or an occasional good shot, there is no consistency to it.  We need to move him on and bring in better if we are to progress. 

Been a defender of him but as poor a performance as I've seen in a long time

Looked like his mind was elsewhere 

In first half ball came to him twice whilst he wasn't even looking 

Was in front of me first half and had a mare - his positioning was as clueless from a full back as you'll ever see - Bailey Wright was constantly being dragged across to cover for him or help him leaving Flint exposed on his own centrally 

Awful Joe - I don't know what happened today but it looked like they'd given a competition winner a game

Patterson a close second 

1 hour ago, Chairman Mao said:

Bristolian player of the year Joe Bryan was abject today. No fight whatsoever, like most of the season bar a couple of freak games. If he keeps going backwards at this rate he'll be on the downs. Wonder if Everton are still interested... Don't think so. 

That's what frustrates me most about Bryan. He has all the attributes to be such a good player but I'm not sure he has the mental strength, desire or courage. Absolutely gutless today and simply not good enough. Collectively very poor today but as has been the case almost every week Bryan was abysmal.

18 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Been a defender of him but as poor a performance as I've seen in a long time

Looked like his mind was elsewhere 

In first half ball came to him twice whilst he wasn't even looking 

Was in front of me first half and had a mare - his positioning was as clueless from a full back as you'll ever see - Bailey Wright was constantly being dragged across to cover for him or help him leaving Flint exposed on his own centrally 

Awful Joe - I don't know what happened today but it looked like they'd given a competition winner a game

Patterson a close second 

He was terrible today, in a terrible game against terrible opposition with a terrible ref.

nothing but positives from me 

Bristol born player of the year award must be a joke. How many have we got that actually play regularly in the first team? Why not give an award for the player with the best eyebrows, tattoos, hairstyle etc?

Just now, pongo88 said:

Bristol born player of the year award must be a joke. How many have we got that actually play regularly in the first team? Why not give an award for the player with the best eyebrows, tattoos, hairstyle etc?

Aide flint ?

Just now, pongo88 said:

From a pool of one hes head and shoulders above the competition. 

Superb last week, dire this. And unfortunately this sums the guy up. Clearly a talented bloke, but needs to come down a peg or two imho

Woeful crossing not clearing the first defender, sloppy "look at me" risk taking in defence.. and just a general casual or over confident way about him.. just really gets on my tits at times. Please, someone at the club take him aside and tell him he will amount to nothing unless his attitude changes big time

Just now, AppyDAZE said:

Superb last week, dire this. And unfortunately this sums the guy up. Clearly a talented bloke, but needs to come down a peg or two imho

Woeful crossing not clearing the first defender, sloppy "look at me" risk taking in defence.. and just a general casual or over confident way about him.. just really gets on my tits at times. Please, someone at the club take him aside and tell him he will amount to nothing unless his attitude changes big time

Was watching just him for 5-10 minutes in first half and he looked , literally as if his mind was elsewhere , was wandering around as if he literally didn't have a clue what he was meant to be doing - was truly bizarre

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

Was watching just him for 5-10 minutes in first half and he looked , literally as if his mind was elsewhere , was wandering around as if he literally didn't have a clue what he was meant to be doing - was truly bizarre

He is so frustrating. Really, really frustrating because he obviously is a good footballer. Unfortunetly, he thinks he's even better than good

Just now, Bullbag said:

I don't know how many more times it needs to be said, the man isn't a left back.

What's more worrying is our beyond inept 'head coach' seems to to think he is.

New left back (a proper one) needed this summer.

Along with a new (proper) manager.

Those crosses today do not seem to suggest he is much of a winger either

4 minutes ago, Bullbag said:

I don't know how many more times it needs to be said, the man isn't a left back.

What's more worrying is our beyond inept 'head coach' seems to to think he is.

New left back (a proper one) needed this summer.

Along with a new (proper) manager.

Yeah sorry his basic decision making or ability to cross a ball has nothing to do with where he plays on the pitch.

2 minutes ago, Nube Rojo said:

Joe Bryan plays when he wants too, he's been like that all season, a shocking attitude for such a talented player!

Personally, I'd get shot in the summer, he's not gonna change!

Interesting - do you / others think that's a problem with him ? - attitude

(Genuine Q) 

Watching him closely today and on other occasions he looks like a dazed bag of nerves , like a kid making his debut , which bearing in mind how many seasons he's been playing is ridiculous

Actually gives the appearance he doesn't think he should be out there

For an intelligent lad - his 'footballing intelligence'  is shocking

Weak in 'character' maybe ? 

Just now, Robbored said:

Joe Bryan was one of several City players that were "on the beach". Patto was another as was Little but JB gets pointed out because he had poor game?  

Paterson was awful, but his name isn't or han't been first name on the team sheet in fairness

12 minutes ago, Bullbag said:

Not quite sure what you mean.

But, yes the bottom line is he isn't good enough.

He's not alone though.

Definitely not alone. Where would you play him? I don't think he attacks well enough to be a winger. He couldn't find a cross in a church and I'm not sure I would want him further up field because it would give him more opportunities to blast the ball miles over the bar!!

I think he's looked at his best in central midfield.

Archived