IGNORED

Do you wear a City shirt out and about?

reddogkev

I`ve not bought one for years but still wear my old ones around the house or to the supermarket or something. They get a few looks in Cornwall and I often get comments from fellow City fans during the holiday season. Had a long conversation in Costa Tavistock last week with a Doncaster Rovers fan (much to Mrs RRH`s disgust) after he recognised it.

In my late 30's and never thought it would be wrong to wear a replica shirt? I don't wear them to games but sometimes i wear a shirt if i am out and about, i am proud of my club and i feel i am representing them in amongst the masses of Manchester, Liverpool and Chelsea shirts.

I've been told by the kids in no uncertain terms that I'm too old for a City shirt, shame as its Father's Day soon, and the embarrassment would lead them to disowning me , the last laugh being mine as they don't know their adopted!!!

I have a retro 70's shirt that I occasionally wear to a game. I have a black T shirt with club crest that I wear out and about - it resulted in me meeting OTIB's Chairman Mao on a tube in London :laugh:

Considering buying a red hoodie for those winter games.

Personally I don't see why people get so uptight about us "older" supporters wearing a shirt to games. At last night's Champions League final club shirts seemed to be everywhere.

I visited Barcelona in January. Walking down the street there,  I bumped into a chap wearing a City shirt. Stopped and had a good chat with him.

I don't wear a replica shirt whilst 'out and about' but thankfully this guy did. It was great to sit a mile or so from the Nou Camp and talk all things City with a stranger.

1 minute ago, stephenkibby. said:

In the day's before the replica shirt thing took off was given a City shirt from Colin Lee anybody remember him?

Anyway the wife was a seamstress and put our badge onto my Fred Perry!!!!!

Pretty sure there wasn't many wearing the same thing at the time.

Colin 'scored 4 goals in a 9-0 win against roverzzz on his debut for spurs' Lee?

Yeah I remember him. 

4 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Colin 'scored 4 goals in a 9-0 win against roverzzz on his debut for spurs' Lee?

Yeah I remember him. 

Played against Colin in school football and later played with his older brother Franny.

Absolute nutter was Franny. Dead now went at 58. Also had a younger brother Mike played up front and was a real handful.

1 hour ago, Reigate Red said:

I have a retro 70's shirt that I occasionally wear to a game. I have a black T shirt with club crest that I wear out and about - it resulted in me meeting OTIB's Chairman Mao on a tube in London :laugh:

Considering buying a red hoodie for those winter games.

Personally I don't see why people get so uptight about us "older" supporters wearing a shirt to games. At last night's Champions League final club shirts seemed to be everywhere.

I was in Cardiff yesterday, and yes they were. My personal opinion was that the Juve mob seemed to be dressed particularly well.....but their competition was a 17 stones me, and an 18 stones mate. We looked utterly supersized when compared to many. I considered for a brief period buying a Juve shirt, but figured I'd look like the Bully character from Bullesye years ago.

28 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

I was in Cardiff yesterday, and yes they were. My personal opinion was that the Juve mob seemed to be dressed particularly well.....but their competition was a 17 stones me, and an 18 stones mate. We looked utterly supersized when compared to many. I considered for a brief period buying a Juve shirt, but figured I'd look like the Bully character from Bullesye years ago.

Can't beat a bit of Bully.

23 hours ago, reddogkev said:

As a man coming ever closer to the age of 40, I often wonder if it's socially acceptable to wear a football shirt whilst out in the company of the general masses.

At a work leaving do in town one evening I wore a City polo shirt. When City were away to P'boro' on a Saturday, I'd wear my City replica shirt when shopping in the morning, not just at the game. I am in my sixties, not approaching my forties.

2 hours ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

I used to have a groovy "Bristol City- Pride Of The West" v-neck sweater, in the 1980s.

I still have mine, but there are holes in the elbows. Mine was a Christmas present in 1989, nearly 30 years ago. Despite this, City have been Pride of the West for all but five of the intervening years.

Just now, 22A said:

I still have mine, but there are holes in the elbows. Mine was a Christmas present in 1989, nearly 30 years ago. Despite this, City have been Pride of the West for all but five of the intervening years.

Unfortunately my mum accidentally hot washed mine. I seem to remember that it expanded, rather than shrunk....looked like a good fit for LT.

7 hours ago, Agard Days Night said:

Really interesting thread, loving the comments. 

What other clothes do you all like to wear? 

If on a night out with the wife, it's trousers shirt and shoes, because she always wears a dress and gets done up to the nines, putting in hours of effort to look as smart as possible. 

Going out with my mates, to the pub, or away games and so on, it's Levi 501s, designer polo shirt, a smart jacket, and decent trainers. 

The rest of the time, you'll find me in sports wear, tracksuit bottoms, sweatshirt, t shirt, BFC training gear, but not replica shirts, and sports brand polo shirts. 

29 minutes ago, Rascal said:

If on a night out with the wife, it's trousers shirt and shoes, because she always wears a dress and gets done up to the nines, putting in hours of effort to look as smart as possible. 

Going out with my mates, to the pub, or away games and so on, it's Levi 501s, designer polo shirt, a smart jacket, and decent trainers. 

The rest of the time, you'll find me in sports wear, tracksuit bottoms, sweatshirt, t shirt, BFC training gear, but not replica shirts, and sports brand polo shirts. 

What no flat cap ?

28 minutes ago, Rascal said:

That's really great, thanks. All duly noted.

I'm sure your wife appreciates the extra effort on a night out and the fact that you wear shoes. 

8 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

That's really great, thanks. All duly noted.

I'm sure your wife appreciates the extra effort on a night out and the fact that you wear shoes. 

Think she'd rather me wear trainers, because I do nothing but moan about wearing shoes. 

Archived