IGNORED

Redevelopment of the Atyeo

Robbored

7 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

That's one for Robbo, ...he's our 'bowls' expert :whistle2: 

I think they all sign a do not resuscitate waiver so ambulances not required. but they only find out the next home game anyway.

55 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Acoding to he source, there's no problem with the houses on Ashton Rd. There's oom enough in what is the current car park and the new Atyeo will go up to the same height athe Dolman  - allegedly.........

I think you are wrong there robbo, we still have to abide by the right to light rules which prevented the original plan if a two teired stand 

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

I think you are wrong there robbo, we still have to abide by the right to light rules which prevented the original plan if a two teired stand 

My source might well be wrong but as I said before I was just relaying what he told me. Other stuff he told me about the rebuild (via his son) was spot on.

Its a question of "watch this space"

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

See post 21 Dolls................

What would any employee of the club  say about what is likely to be a confidential matter?  :dunno:

If it was true, I'd imagine @Mkelly would have remained silent or gave a politician style answer (ie skirt around the answer).

The fact he used the word 'false' indicates it ain't happening.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Acoding to he source, there's no problem with the houses on Ashton Rd. There's oom enough in what is the current car park and the new Atyeo will go up to the same height athe Dolman  - allegedly.........

Sorry Robbored but this is 100% wrong. Unless we've bought the houses and intend on demolishing them. The original Atyeo was meant to be larger, but due to the laws it is at it's maximum height for as long as those houses exist.

2 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Sorry Robbored but this is 100% wrong. Unless we've bought the houses and intend on demolishing them. The original Atyeo was meant to be larger, but due to the laws it is at it's maximum height for as long as those houses exist.

A mate of mine said SL has bought all put two of the houses behind the Atyeo. Not sure if this is true? If it is you'd be wanting top dollar to sell. What is the market value of those houses nowadays? Quite a bit I would imagine.

7 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

If it was true, I'd imagine @Mkelly would have remained silent or gave a politician style answer (ie skirt around the answer).

The fact he used the word 'false' indicates it ain't happening.

MKelly works for the club and just like DaveL when he worked at AG cant say anything that the club wouldn't approve of.

Of course he'd call such info "false". It's certainly a confidential matter.

Just now, elruli said:

A mate of mine said SL has bought all put two of the houses behind the Atyeo. Not sure if this is true? If it is you'd be wanting top dollar to sell. What is the market value of those houses nowadays? Quite a bit I would imagine.

There's a guy on our table at Senior Reds who lives in one of those houses and he's never been approached by the club so I guess that story is false.....

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

There's a guy on our table at Senior Reds who lives in one of those houses and he's never been approached by the club so I guess that story is false.....

Must admit I thought it was unlikely even with SL's money.

43 minutes ago, Robbored said:

MKelly works for the club and just like DaveL when he worked at AG cant say anything that the club wouldn't approve of.

Of course he'd call such info "false". It's certainly a confidential matter.

Then if it happens, a huge shit storm would come down on Mark, especially on here. He would be called a liar or fraud etc.

Can't see that happening.

Only reason he'd say false was indeed if it was false.

2 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

To be serious, thought something was going to happen under the Atyeo?

Safe standing in the cellar?

**** me Robbored.

Why have you done this?

People were just thinking about letting you back into the bosom of the forum, and you start a thread like this.

Why??

FFS, why?

We have a lovely stadium now at AG, thanks to Steve, but most observers now look at the Atyeo end, and it does, relatively, now let the ground down. If we could redevelop it, it would truly make AG a Premiership stadium ............

But the houses behind ****ing block it.

There would be no point in doing anything at that end without flattening that row of houses - which are peoples homes.

Unless you know the club owns these houses - all of them - then you are a cruel, teasing ****ard.

Tell us this is not the case, I beseech thee.

:bruce_h4h:

tfj

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Just thinking out loud but ......

If I were buying up the houses, and there wasn't particularly any timescale , I'd wait until the house(s) came up for sale and buy through a 3rd party. 
Never would I approach someone and show my hand as then you can be held to ransom. If ( humungous if) he was buying them up, and had been for a while , the less people to realise the better. Those houses must be worth a decent amount, the one in Frayne road is on for £450,000 so that gives you an idea, but if you found out and were the last couple of houses available ????
I can't remember the address but there is a site that you can see when, and how much for , houses sold. I did look a while back but you'd need to look from SL's take over, or shortly after.

Just now, 1960maaan said:

If I were buying up the houses, and there wasn't particularly any timescale , I'd wait until the house(s) came up for sale and buy through a 3rd party. 
Never would I approach someone and show my hand as then you can be held to ransom. If ( humungous if) he was buying them up, and had been for a while , the less people to realise the better. Those houses must be worth a decent amount, the one in Frayne road is on for £450,000 so that gives you an idea, but if you found out and were the last couple of houses available ????
I can't remember the address but there is a site that you can see when, and how much for , houses sold. I did look a while back but you'd need to look from SL's take over, or shortly after.

......... I'd ****ing love it if you were BCFC Chairman, but you are not, are you?

tfj

23 minutes ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

**** me Robbored.

Why have you done this?

People were just thinking about letting you back into the bosom of the forum, and you start a thread like this.

Unless you know the club owns these houses - all of them - then you are a cruel, teasing ****ard.

Tell us this is not the case, I beseech thee.

I didn't realise I'd been evicted from the "bosom" of the forum........who are these "people" anyway? :dunno:

if you read through this thread you'll have seen that the source of this info reckoned that there is enough space between the Atyeo and the wall of the car park to expand outwards but more importantly upwards.

3 hours ago, elruli said:

It might be true but it is just as likely to be an urban myth.

I suspect nothing will be done with the Atyeo until the current stadium is nearly full for every game. ie when we're hammering on the door of the Premier League.

3 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

It might be true but it is just as likely to be an urban myth.

I suspect nothing will be done with the Atyeo until the current stadium is nearly full for every game. ie when we're hammering on the door of the Premier League.

I think we will have chips down MARKET STREET a happy @Bristol Rob before that happens what do you think @Mkelly ?

2 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

Then if it happens, a huge shit storm would come down on Mark, especially on here. He would be called a liar or fraud etc.

Can't see that happening.

Only reason he'd say false was indeed if it was false.

Just playing devils advocate but, Mark has only confirmed that this supposed redevelopment isn't happening next summer....no denial about the summer after :shifty:

58 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I'm sure there was a house on Ashton Rd that was recently sold and then put back onto the market later (possibly after being tarted up). Can't remember where I heard this from but it would be an indication that the club aren't making serious efforts to purchase every house in that row directly behind the stand.

As far as a redeveloped Atyeo the same height as the Dolman....absolutely no chance whilst those houses are there. It would be amazing, however I'd also like to see the Atyeo in its current form joined to the Dolman if at all possible. It would give the stadium a more enclosed feel.

7 hours ago, Mkelly said:

False news 

Just for the record, why are we not looking in to this? Very, very shortsighted of the club considering we nearly averaged 20,000 last year within a dire season of football... 

If we were to go up, what then? Why are no plans in place I ask you?

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

I'll never be happy.

Chips are one thing, food vouchers however...

Just remember Rob, There is always someone worse off than you

and your food vouchers are feeding a whole village in Africa.

it is easier too smile than frown

and I am a lazy bar steward

Archived