IGNORED

Slagging off LJ....

Robbored

I personally supported LJ and wasn't in favour of his sacking, but then I again I usually subscribe to the position that sacking managers in their first 3 years amounts to panic and achieves little. For the most part, only clubs which have squillionaires as major shareholders (e.g. Chelsea/Real Madrid e.t.c) get away with sacking managers each season and still attain success. But that's my take and not everyone agrees. We all pay our money and are entitled to an opinion, even a wrong one (as in the case of those who wanted LJ out)

2 hours ago, Spike said:

Bottom line is some people don't think he's good enough to aspire to where they want us to be, everyone is just as entitled to their opinion as you are.

We as fans can think what we want about all things City. The manager, the players, the stadium et al

However........the man that matters is 100% behind LJ no matter what any of us say or do and we need to accept that fact and give LJ a chance this coming season.

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I think what gets tiresome is the complete failure of some people who tow this line, to acknowledge that apart from a very bad spell in the middle 1/3 of last season, LJ has 3 other periods (2nd half of 2015/16 season, 1st 1/3 last season & last 1/3 of last season) that suggest he could well be capable of taking us forward to where we could realistically hope to be. 

Nobody is saying "forget the bad period" but some seem intent on ignoring the positive periods. 

I can understand the jury may still be out for some on LJ, but he's earned his crack at next season. Arguably stronger and having learned a lot from this seasons roller coaster. 

I'm not against the guy, I'm willing to see how he does next season too but if some people are unwilling calling them out or even putting them down is not going to change their view of him.
I think anyone who doesn't like people slagging LJ off needs to stop being so sensitive, I mean Ranieri won Leicester the Premier League and got sacked the next season, it's the weird world of football we live in these days.

14 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I personally supported LJ and wasn't in favour of his sacking, but then I again I usually subscribe to the position that sacking managers in their first 3 years amounts to panic and achieves little. For the most part, only clubs which have squillionaires as major shareholders (e.g. Chelsea/Real Madrid e.t.c) get away with sacking managers each season and still attain success. But that's my take and not everyone agrees. We all pay our money and are entitled to an opinion, even a wrong one (as in the case of those who wanted LJ out)

While I agree with the sentiment of your post Royston and agree that everyone has a right to a different opinion, I can't see how those that still want LJ gone are 'wrong' as you put it. He lead us on the worst run in our history, spent £Millions, unavailable to previous Managers, had us flirting with relegation, yet seems to have a different set of rules to those applied to his predecessors. I don't see how those with little faith in our head coach are 'wrong', I believe they have a valid and strong point TBH. Nobody else, I repeat nobody else would have survived in his position last season, bar none! 

As Robbored says, our opinions don't matter regardless, it's one man whose point of view matters and, personally, I don't think that's healthy for the club long term. as you say, that's my opinion and I'm free to have it as are you to have yours.

While I don't think LJ IS the right man, we have no choice but to support him and that's what we will, with gritted teeth, do. 

13 minutes ago, Robbored said:

We as fans can think what we want about all things City. The manager, the players, the stadium et al

However........the man that matters is 100% behind LJ no matter what any of us say or do and we need to accept that fact and give LJ a chance this coming season.

I gave him 18 months of chances to a point now where for the first time in 40 years I can't be botherd no more.With lansdown as our backer I thought we would of moved on to being a top 8 championship team by now .As Johnson said he will be happy to Finnish halfway next season .As I said before cosy club

Just now, Robbored said:

To me a troll turns to stone when hit by sunlight in fantasy novels.

Yes, the garden gnomes from behind the Atyeo will all be homeless, if what you say is true.

You utter bastard.

:disapointed2se:

tfj

22 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

While I agree with the sentiment of your post Royston and agree that everyone has a right to a different opinion, I can't see how those that still want LJ gone are 'wrong' as you put it. He lead us on the worst run in our history, spent £Millions, unavailable to previous Managers, had us flirting with relegation, yet seems to have a different set of rules to those applied to his predecessors. I don't see how those with little faith in our head coach are 'wrong', I believe they have a valid and strong point TBH. Nobody else, I repeat nobody else would have survived in his position last season, bar none! 

As Robbored says, our opinions don't matter regardless, it's one man whose point of view matters and, personally, I don't think that's healthy for the club long term. as you say, that's my opinion and I'm free to have it as are you to have yours.

While I don't think LJ IS the right man, we have no choice but to support him and that's what we will, with gritted teeth, do. 

My wrong opinion comment was somewhat tongue in cheek, but I take your point, although it's not entirely true that previous managers had little money to spend, as Akinbiyi, Thorpe and Anderson cost us a bit. However, my point that I should have expressed better is, while it is not entirely clear why, there seems to be a different atmosphere within the Club with regard to LJ than with some past managers. Regardless of the appalling run in the middle of the season, which as you correctly point out was the worst run in our history, he has never truly lost the support of our major Shareholder, the Board, and most importantly the players. Plenty of City managers in the past, including his own father, were reported to have 'lost the dressing room', but this does not seem to be the case here. For all the talk in various posts on this forum about his lack of man management skills, this would appear not to be true when it comes to the playing staff. Despite his tinkering with the line-up week after week, little disgruntlement was heard, and Tomlin even came out in support stating that his own form wasn't good enough to warrant inclusion. Whether support is wholehearted, or through gritted teeth, it would seem there is a 'buy-in' to what he is trying to do, and the way he is going about it.

13 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

My wrong opinion comment was somewhat tongue in cheek, but I take your point, although it's not entirely true that previous managers had little money to spend, as Akinbiyi, Thorpe and Anderson cost us a bit. However, my point that I should have expressed better is, while it is not entirely clear why, there seems to be a different atmosphere within the Club with regard to LJ than with some past managers. Regardless of the appalling run in the middle of the season, which as you correctly point out was the worst run in our history, he has never truly lost the support of our major Shareholder, the Board, and most importantly the players. Plenty of City managers in the past, including his own father, were reported to have 'lost the dressing room', but this does not seem to be the case here. For all the talk in various posts on this forum about his lack of man management skills, this would appear not to be true when it comes to the playing staff. Despite his tinkering with the line-up week after week, little disgruntlement was heard, and Tomlin even came out in support stating that his own form wasn't good enough to warrant inclusion. Whether support is wholehearted, or through gritted teeth, it would seem there is a 'buy-in' to what he is trying to do, and the way he is going about it.

Fair comment again Royston. I would like to agree with you re the wholehearted support of players but would give this scenario. If you're being very well paid and told to say certain things to the press, I would imagine self preservation would kick in and, as a professional, it would be done. I have no idea if the backing of LJ was as good as you say it is but would be a tad sceptical if I'm being honest.

'Buy in'? Once again, call me negative if you wish but I'm inclined to think it's not as black and white as we are being told. 

Apologies if this comes across as negative about the club as I'm most certainly not intending that. I have serious doubts about the head coach and his abilities though.

1 hour ago, Mtimmy11 said:

Why have we got to have a trainee manager,until the cosy club breaks up (j lansdown,Johnson ,j McAllister and properly willberham)were not going nowhere.we slag of rovers about being amateur but I think we could be doing a lot better

Can't see how McAllister gets any stick, came into the U23's and after a period started getting results with them, steps up to the first team and soon after results start turning around there as well. 

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

Indeed - but by playing far better football.........you know, trying to score goals instead of a dreary 1-0.

I agree, but those dreary results got Wigan out of division 3, ahead of us, and into the premier league! Thankfully they were found out.

5 hours ago, Robbored said:

Indeed - but by playing far better football.........you know, trying to score goals instead of a dreary 1-0.

1-0, 5-4  - still 3 points, Robbo

I get the point you're making though. I want LJ to be a success, surely we all do? BUT - if 12 to 15 games in and we're struggling then there's a decision to be made

3 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

1-0, 5-4  - still 3 points, Robbo

I get the point you're making though. I want LJ to be a success, surely we all do? BUT - if 12 to 15 games in and we're struggling then there's a decision to be made

I like to leave AG regardless of the result feeling that I'd been entertained by the the fairly expensive performance I've just witnessed.

Unscripted theatre in other words.

i agree  from the fans perspective that the jury is still out.

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I like to leave AG regardless of the result feeling that I'd been entertained by the the fairly expensive performance I've just witnessed.

Unscripted theatre in other words.

i agree  from the fans perspective that the jury is still out.

But you'd rather win 46 games 1-0 than draw 46 games 3-3?

Know what you're saying, but I just want to see wins. And lots of them. And if it involves a clean sheet, so much the better

6 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I think what gets tiresome is the complete failure of some people who tow this line, to acknowledge that apart from a very bad spell in the middle 1/3 of last season, LJ has 3 other periods (2nd half of 2015/16 season, 1st 1/3 last season & last 1/3 of last season) that suggest he could well be capable of taking us forward to where we could realistically hope to be. 

Nobody is saying "forget the bad period" but some seem intent on ignoring the positive periods. 

I can understand the jury may still be out for some on LJ, but he's earned his crack at next season. Arguably stronger and having learned a lot from this seasons roller coaster. 

4 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

I don't really see a clean slate for Lee-he tinkered untill he really couldn't have done so for much longer-and at the proverbial eleventh hour,fortunately for us stumbled on a solid winning set up- pretty much plucked outa the blue...

Let's see whom comes in-and hope Lee can find expedience in shape/formula this time of asking..

The jury's still out.

If you merge these two together, you kinda get my view.

4 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

We all pay our money and are entitled to an opinion, even a wrong one (as in the case of those who wanted LJ out)

So you think anyone whose 'opinion' was to get rid of LJ last season was wrong?! 

We avoided relegation by just 3 points, LJ admitted in April that he 'didn't know what he was doing', we had the worst run of defeats in our history.....etc, etc

We didn't move on at all last season, no progress, no improvement...no other manager, head coach (or whatever you wanna call him) would have survived the horrendous October to February debacle...

You are obviously easily pleased....

3 hours ago, hodge said:

Can't see how McAllister gets any stick, came into the U23's and after a period started getting results with them, steps up to the first team and soon after results start turning around there as well. 

There's 1000,s of good coaches and we get Johnson's next door neighbour like I said Cosy club.I think people are forgetting we stayed up by 3 points 

The club were appaudded by most pundits for sticking with LJ.  And our eventual survival which looked pretty much in the balance at one stage.

I note he presided over the worse run in our history.  I argued in the past that LJ stated, his words, it will take him three transfer windows to get us where HE wants us to be. Well this is the third, and I am waiting in the close season for the fun to begin and who will arrive, and also who else will still departure.(LT, AF?)

I suspect that if we are bouncing around the bottom of the Championship in the autumn the powers that be will have little choice this time.  But, lets wait and see. Look at Huddersfield re how things change. 

4 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

The club were appaudded by most pundits for sticking with LJ.  And our eventual survival which looked pretty much in the balance at one stage.

I note he presided over the worse run in our history.  I argued in the past that LJ stated, his words, it will take him three transfer windows to get us where HE wants us to be. Well this is the third, and I am waiting in the close season for the fun to begin and who will arrive, and also who else will still departure.(LT, AF?)

I suspect that if we are bouncing around the bottom of the Championship in the autumn the powers that be will have little choice this time.  But, lets wait and see. Look at Huddersfield re how things change. 

Incorrect

It's not - he stated himself , his words , that they brought the 'third window' recruitment to January (Because we were in the **** )

So he's  had his three and this is his fourth

Archived