IGNORED

Slagging off LJ....

Robbored

9 hours ago, Robbored said:

Is getting tiresome imv.

Sure, he struggled for long periods last season but he's a young and inexperienced manager so mistakes and errors of judgement were always likely and he certainly did  make  quite a few.

That said he ultimately turned things around having had unequivocal support from SL

We know that LJ is in for the long haul so can't we just accept that and move on ready for next season.

For all his critics - give it a bloody rest.

I would like it if people gave it a rest telling other people what to say on the forum and being apologists for a Manager who is not fit for purpose.

2 hours ago, 'keepuplino' said:

**** LJ... he's got it all to prove for me, IMHO he will take us down... no news out of the club thus far that we've got any ambition next season!!

2 hours ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Another depressing  season on the cards...

Are you

A)trying to get a whooosh?

B) being very tongue in cheek?

C) mocking some others posts

D) a complete moron?

10 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I think what gets tiresome is the complete failure of some people who tow this line, to acknowledge that apart from a very bad spell in the middle 1/3 of last season, LJ has 3 other periods (2nd half of 2015/16 season, 1st 1/3 last season & last 1/3 of last season) that suggest he could well be capable of taking us forward to where we could realistically hope to be. 

Nobody is saying "forget the bad period" but some seem intent on ignoring the positive periods. 

I can understand the jury may still be out for some on LJ, but he's earned his crack at next season. Arguably stronger and having learned a lot from this seasons roller coaster. 

get where you are coming from, but bad middle third, come on it was a bit more than that.

5 minutes ago, pillred said:

get where you are coming from, but bad middle third, come on it was a bit more than that.

Granted. Woeful results (not always overall performance) I'm certainly not trying to gloss over the bad, just claiming that people can't focus on the bad & ignore the good either. 

2 hours ago, 1bristolcity said:

The Irony.

Ha ha I see the clown is out the box 

OAPS and keyboards :facepalm:

hasnt seen the inside of AG for years

Your 'education' explains such a lot

The original yellow troll

Weirdo

Given up dribbling about Big John and your most detested City player have we ? :laugh:

Stick to Bingo and your horlicks eh  :ill:

4 hours ago, pillred said:

Clearly so as the drop were only points three behind us-many seem happy to gloss over that hard fact....oh,don't forget the goal difference (thanks Tammy).

20 hours ago, Robbored said:

Is getting tiresome imv.

Sure, he struggled for long periods last season but he's a young and inexperienced manager so mistakes and errors of judgement were always likely and he certainly did  make  quite a few.

That said he ultimately turned things around having had unequivocal support from SL

We know that LJ is in for the long haul so can't we just accept that and move on ready for next season.

For all his critics - give it a bloody rest.

johnson out

20 hours ago, Robbored said:

I'll admit that got thoroughly pissed off with LJ last season with his seemingly endless tinkering with the team and fired off an email to Jon Lansdown complaining  about LJ but eventually I realised that he was looking to find the most reliable 11 and kind of experimenting with different combinations and  I'm expecting something similar next season after the transfer window shuts.

The point I'm making is that we can whinge, complain and slag off LJ as much as we want but it won't change anything. SL has set his stall out and that's the bottom line.

But how many times has this been discussed?! :bored:

4 minutes ago, bissellredhead said:

But how many times has this been discussed?! :bored:

Countless times..........but not much discussion but lots of slagging.......like I posted at the start of this thread - it's very tiresome..........:sleeping:

3 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

All I can say is that LJ had better start the season well or the daggers will, rightly, be out. 

Most definitely, and I cannot blame people. If within 10 games we find ourselves in the bottom end, then boot him out. 

Imo it's inevitable that LJ  will be gone at some point this season. The line is already in the sand as he does not have many supporters behind him. I just cannot see how he can take us forward after the disaster that happened the season just gone.

55 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Then why start a thread that is obviously only going to go one way. Why not write about how positive you are about LJ and describe why you are excited by the season ahead.

Others can then start thread describing why they feel LJ is totally incompetent and totally the wrong person to be leading our club into the new season.

Then you can choose your thread, with a proviso you only have the same opinion.... easy 

Nice idea BW but this is otib......

Have to agree with Hav.

This is his "3rd window" and so far we've had sweet FA in it. Though tbf, it's only just picking up in the last week for all the leagues.

I'm still thinking LJ is not the right man but I'm gritting my teeth and throwing support behind him against my gut feelings. 

He has til October. If we are in the shite come then, he has to go. Simple.

As for his old man, yes 1-0 wins are boring as shit. But a win is a win. 3 points are more valuable than a draw or a loss. So if we have to carve out a few 1-0ers, then so be it. It could be worse, Osman used to play us to draw. At least GJ played us to win!

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

I don't SL will see it that way.

Depends how he measures 'shite' hovering above the bottom 3 by October - lj will still be in a job. Bottom and 4 points off safety - id imagine sl will pull the trigger given how much support he gave him last year. You can only have so many chances.

obviously we won't have to worry as we'll be comfortably in the top 10 :fingerscrossed:

If Mr lansdown  had a trader at Hargreves lansdown with a trading limit of 20 million and after 18 months he was asking for a bigger budget I think he would be walking down anchor rd by now.Why does he treat our club like a play thing lee Johnson simply should not be here

On 13 June 2017 at 14:02, Robbored said:

This is exactly why I don't want him here. Why the hell should we as fans bend over backwards and suffer weeks of misery at his expense whilst he slowly learns how to manage a football club? Its just typical of the small time mentality here imho.

Archived