IGNORED

European U21 championship (Merged)

Red Army 75

Tactically inept yet again. Go 2-1 up, take Hughes off and park the bus!

We were playing for pens from 60 mins onwards, absolutely spineless and typical England tournament coaching from Ady Boothroyd. Felt really sorry for Tammy just dealing with aimless hail mary's for an hour. We never learn, Germany taught us a lesson and should have won by 4 or 5.

9 minutes ago, cynic said:

They never practice.

What they do have is a dossier on the opposition and how they take penalties.

8 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Tammy in tears then, I reckon he's googled 'Swansea' and realises he has to go there now. 

Serious question, the German keeper had penalty records down his sock, can he do that?

Jens Lehmann had notes against Argentina before

The twist being that he made the notes incredibly obvious when faced with the one player he didnt have anything about, and saved anyway.

1 minute ago, B1ackbird said:

We can't compete because not enough of our young players play at the top of the premier...

:blink:

and a lot of them are not as great as they think they are already. Oh well, i suppose that's what 30 plus grand a week can do to you

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Tbh, Germany U21s are just a better side at this time.

Admittedly- we had no Rashford in this tournament, not sure why he wasn't taken./ However there are potential German U21 Internationals playing Confederations Cup so.

I believe he said four or five first teamers were missing from their squad for whatever reasons. Germany are an awesome footballing side though as you said but its just annoying we can't ruffle their feathers every now and then. Crazy when we beat them 5 - 1 away!

Just now, Kodjias Wrist said:

I believe he said four or five first teamers were missing from their squad for whatever reasons. Germany are an awesome footballing side though as you said but its just annoying we can't ruffle their feathers every now and then. Crazy when we beat them 5 - 1 away!

Yes I well remember that! That 5-1, just wow. Happy night that was...

We had a few out- but then Germany have 11 potential picks playing at Confed Cup squad so swings and roundabouts.

Just now, Kodjias Wrist said:

Their coaching set up is far superior to ours, right from the youngest levels.

In Germany the focus is making good players.

In England the focus is £££

1 minute ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

They never recovered from that mauling, they have only scraped 1 World Cup, 1 runners' up, and 2 other semi-finals since then. We taught them a lesson they'll never forget.

18 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

They never recovered from that mauling, they have only scraped 1 World Cup, 1 runners' up, and 2 other semi-finals since then. We taught them a lesson they'll never forget.

A lot in Germany think that night is the best thing that ever happened for German football.

17 minutes ago, CheddarReds said:

A lot in Germany think that night is the best thing that ever happened for German football.

Was over in Hamburg having this very discussion with a couple of lads and they have changed the structure of the set up. One of the lads also said that they are strongly advised not to go to England because of our approach to the game. Make of that what you will

23 minutes ago, CheddarReds said:

My understanding is that the overhaul of their coaching structure had started in the wake of Euro 2000, but I have no doubt that losing to us 5-1 helped things along some.

11 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

My understanding is that the overhaul of their coaching structure had started in the wake of Euro 2000, but I have no doubt that losing to us 5-1 helped things along some.

All we need is the overhaul of our penalty taking structure! Get Shearer in, hit it ******' hard, and keep it below eight feet!

Bit annoying when you hear Aidy Boothroyd say that they gave it their all tonight, but in reality all we gave them was time on the ball without any pressure applied. Give good players time and they damage you....we was lucky to get to penalties, Germany were by far the better team.

It seemed that we was playing for penalties for most of the second half, was this really a option considering our record in shoot outs? Baffling tactics by Boothroyd, was easy to see they was bypassing our midfield with ease and the game was only ever going one way after 20mins.

Archived