IGNORED

International Cricket

Monkeh

1 minute ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

So here’s to you Mr Robinson.

What sort of shot do you call that, when we are already 100 runs behind with only three wickets left, now only two?

Not sure you can blame him too much when proper batsmen have thrown their wickets away.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Percy Pig said:

Question, is 17 off 58 better than 30 off 30? 

Not being facetious, genuinely interested in people's thoughts 

1 run from 17 balls helped win us a test in the last ashes series, i like this aggressive approach but when wickets are given away to shots that are just not on it’s frustrating, but that’s always going to be the way with this approach. 
Say we bowl the Aussies out again and it leaves us needing 350 to win in a day and half, what would be your approach then? 

Edited by Rob k

52 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Ridiculous. At least with the hooks yesterday I could understand the thinking, if not the execution or timing.

That from Brook is the sort of thing a tailender would be embarrassed by, and I hope he'll get a bollocking for it.

Do they give bollockings anymore, won't it just be put down as another average day? I'm still convinced that having won nearly everything last year that their mindset was world beaters rather taking Australia seriously. Admitting that things had gone wrong would mean admitting that their preparation for this series was too casual.

3 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Maybe they should field with 9 slips as that’s more exciting

Back to body line? ?

7 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I’m so cross about that hour yesterday afternoon. Looks like that’ll probably cost us the ashes. 

That and Bairstow’s mistakes with the gloves, yeah. Fine margins. 

To lose 6-48 mostly to short shite, and this wasn’t exactly like the chin music sent down by the Windies of yesteryear, is a dire reminder of the more recent past. 

I’m all for a positive approach as long as it doesn’t border on reckless, but that’s exactly what it was from 180-1 onwards. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, tin said:

I’m all for a positive approach as long as it doesn’t border on reckless, but that’s exactly what it was from 180-1 onwards. 

Its not like the Aussie tactics were not obvious. They didn't bowl them out, it was just bowl it short and England will try and hoof it. 180-1, Nathan Lyon out of the game and we have blown it by playing like idiots.

Just now, TonyTonyTony said:

It’s not like the Aussie tactics were not obvious. They didn't bowl them out, it was just bowl it short and England will try and hoof it. 180-1, Nathan Lyon out of the game and we have blown it by playing like idiots.

In policing terms it was Australia saying, there’s a house down the road with loads of expensive goods in - we’ve bugged it, it’s got cameras inside and it’ll trap anyone who breaks in. Oh, and there are twenty bobbies in the garden waiting to pounce. 

And England say, “**** it, we’ll give it a go anyway!”

Im all for being positive, but that was so incredibly stupid it beggars belief. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, B1ackbird said:

Lyons out for the series, it wont matter as all they need to do is bounce everything in an England shirt as they haven't got the patient's or the mental fortitude to cope with it...

Spot on about patience, but I disagree on mental fortitude. If anything this lot are too confident and allow their egos to take over.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

In policing terms it was Australia saying, there’s a house down the road with loads of expensive goods in - we’ve bugged it, it’s got cameras inside and it’ll trap anyone who breaks in. Oh, and there are twenty bobbies in the garden waiting to pounce. 

Its massively frustrating. Australia would have got tired and bored of bouncers, if England had not taken the bait. All they had to do was play sensibly for about a dozen or so overs. 

I've been looking forward to this Ashes for ages - we have just been incredibly misguided.

Interesting the Bazball enthusiasts are quiet today

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Its massively frustrating. Australia would have got tired and bored of bouncers, if England had not taken the bait. All they had to do was play sensibly for about a dozen or so overs. 

I've been looking forward to this Ashes for ages - we have just been incredibly misguided.

Interesting the Bazball enthusiasts are quiet today

I am a fan of Bazball, I think it’s been great. But that wasn’t waiting for a bad ball yesterday, it was try and slog everything. Bazball needs some awareness of the situation. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

A very amusing, yet accurate analogy.

Oh, and Thanks for using the British term ‘Bobby, as in Robert Peel, rather than the awful term ‘Cop’: I absolutely hate that term.

• Flames 1