IGNORED

International Cricket

Monkeh

1 minute ago, Jimbo123 said:

He doesn't look great when he's off his rhythm but he's a great bowler.

People in this country realise what a good bowler he is, but not around the world.

Did you see what Matthew Hayden had to say just last week?

Hayden knows how good he is. They pick on good players, not poor ones.  They slagged Broad off years ago as well. Wouldn’t have bothered if he was shit.  Hopefully we see the Robinson we all know from now on this series.  I think anyone is allowed to call out an under performer, no matter how good they are usually.  

4 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Hayden knows how good he is. They pick on good players, not poor ones.  They slagged Broad off years ago as well. Wouldn’t have bothered if he was shit.  Hopefully we see the Robinson we all know from now on this series.  I think anyone is allowed to call out an under performer, no matter how good they are usually.  

I don't actually think Jimmy bowled badly in this test but bit concerned with how few wickets he's taken.

Can't see him playing Headingley regardless of result here with the quick turnaround.

Mark Wood needs to be ready.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

They don't hate you until they rate you.

• Like 2

• Admin
24 minutes ago, Jimbo123 said:

I don't actually think Jimmy bowled badly in this test but bit concerned with how few wickets he's taken.

Can't see him playing Headingley regardless of result here with the quick turnaround.

Mark Wood needs to be ready.

I honestly believe that is why they went with the current bowling attack

12 minutes ago, Super said:

Has his critics but Crawley is good to watch when in form.

I always feel it’s feast or famine (mostly famine) with Crawley, but he’s in now, the pitch is doing nothing and he needs to go on and get three figures to silence those critics. I doubt he’ll have a better opportunity - and then he does that, woeful shot. The new James Vince.

Edited by tin

Just now, tin said:

I always feel it’s feast or famine with Crawley, but he’s in now, the pitch is doing nothing and he needs to go on and get three figures to silence those critics. I doubt he’ll have a better opportunity - and then he does that, woeful shot. The new James Vince.

Does my head in. They were so comfortable as well.

39 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

That won't be the only stumping this England innings

That is why Crawley will never make a good test batsman 

Chasing a 1st innings score of over 400 and your opening batsman gets stumped 

What part of TEST cricket don't English batsman get Shocking

27 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

I can't for the life of me understand fans who whine every time we lose a wicket. It happens. Every time. The benefits of playing aggressively far outweigh the negatives. The consequence of that is that occasionally a wicket taken in isolation seems "reckless". But all you're doing is judging based on the result of a single shot/delivery. Totally ignoring the context of a run a ball 48, a dominant period over the ball that had been further capitalised on by Pope.

A choice of a  score of 450 in 5 sessions and a score of 390 in three I'd take the 390 every time. Longer left in the game, no need to chase wickets when we bowl etc. We'll be batting on Day 4 rather than Day 5. 

I think some people need to remember just how awful we were in the Windies a little over a year ago. Not only bad, but just dull to watch.

Pleasantly surprised with our response this afternoon tho. 

2 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

Exactly this. 

The dull to watch aspect I could tolerate if tactically it made sense, but aggressive cricket makes more sense from every perspective. We've batted for barely two sessions and nearly halved the defecit. We are ahead of the game now. Obviously we need to execute a little longer and any lead would be beneficial, but "batting time" is a dark ages tactic that should have died with Boycott... 

Criticism of our approach to bowling is warranted at times, but frankly we don't have much available to change things. Overton, for example, isn't the answer. 

Oh for Jofra to have not been built with chalk...

Can’t argue with much of what you say in theory, but you add two wickets to our score - and one often brings two - and all of a sudden the aggressive approach looks a bit daft. I love Bazball but I would like to see us read situations a bit better at times. 

1 minute ago, tin said:

Can’t argue with much of what you say in theory, but you add two wickets to our score - and one often brings two - and all of a sudden the aggressive approach looks a bit daft. I love Bazball but I would like to see us read situations a bit better at times. 

It definitely needs refining, but it's comparatively early days, in fairness.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1