IGNORED

International Cricket

Monkeh

27 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

For all the talk about the fielding side being to blame for slow over rates, Labuschagne has just come in and taken 2 minutes to take his guard against both of Woakes and Wood.

In fairness we are moaning about the ball every over which is slowing things down.

Stokes isn’t going to drop his mate, Jonny, not after scoring 99 in a lost cause and taking one pearler of a catch (at long last) at OT.

I said it before the Ashes and I’ll say it again: Bairstow should never have the gloves in a Test match when Foakes is available, and Rew’s emergence this summer should make him the next cab off the rank IMO.

Edited by tin

1 minute ago, tin said:

Not going to happen to Stokes’ mate though, is it? Not after scoring 99 in a lost cause and taking one pearler of a catch (at long last) at OT.

I said it before the Ashes and I’ll say it again: Bairstow should never have the gloves in a Test match again when Foakes is available, and Rew’s emergence this summer should make him the next cab off the rank IMO.

What’s that got to do with Jimmy ?

37 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Jonny shouldn’t be dropped though. Quality batter when he isn’t keeping and sometimes when he is 

Never said he should be dropped; I said he should never have been given the gloves, especially after he admitted he hadn’t kept in three years. Crazy decision IMO that gets worse as the series goes on.

You might be right on Jimmy, mind. If his economy rate deteriorates, he’s no longer worth his place in the XI. He needs to tie up an end and create pressure at the very least.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tin said:

Never said he should be dropped; I said he should never have been given the gloves, especially after he admitted he hadn’t kept in three years. Crazy decision IMO that gets worse as the series goes on.

You might be right on Jimmy, mind. If his economy rate deteriorates, he’s no longer worth his place in the XI. He needs to tie up an end and create pressure at the very least.

India series might be ideal for him as he can still do that very well. He’s been good over there over the last two tours. That might be his swan song 

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

India series might be ideal for him as he can still do that very well. He’s been good over there over the last two tours. That might be his swan song 

Maybe. I’d expect Foakes and Ahmed to return to the XI in India. Jennings might also be in the frame given his record in spin-friendly conditions. 

I’m looking into going over for the Dharamsala Test. That’s been on my bucket list since I was over there for the 2016 tour. Fancy it, @Kid in the Riot?

10 hours ago, tin said:

Maybe. I’d expect Foakes and Ahmed to return to the XI in India. Jennings might also be in the frame given his record in spin-friendly conditions. 

I’m looking into going over for the Dharamsala Test. That’s been on my bucket list since I was over there for the 2016 tour. Fancy it, @Kid in the Riot?

Funnily enough I was looking at travel options to Dharamsala a couple of days ago when the tour was announced!! Looks tricky to get to, with no direct flights.

Would definitely be the one to go to. Keep me in the loop!

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Funnily enough I was looking at travel options to Dharamsala a couple of days ago when the tour was announced!! Looks tricky to get to, with no direct flights.

Would definitely be the one to go to. Keep me in the loop!

I’ll text you, mate. We’ve got an loose itinerary planned ??

• Thanks 1