IGNORED

Grayson on his way? Now confirmed as Sunderland Manager

ROSEBUD RED

3 hours ago, RedDave said:

He's mad if he goes there at the moment

Money helps. Even if he gets sacked his reputation will survive as Sunderland is a crazy club and he'll have a big payoff.  If he does well, his reputation will be enhanced, and he will earn more in the process. Can't lose

Just now, pongo88 said:

Money helps. Even if he gets sacked his reputation will survive as Sunderland is a crazy club and he'll have a big payoff.  If he does well, his reputation will be enhanced, and he will earn more in the process. Can't lose

Derek McInnes thought he could lose it seems.  Don't think it's as straightforward as you suggest 

1 minute ago, RedDave said:

Derek McInnes thought he could lose it seems.  Don't think it's as straightforward as you suggest 

One of the reasons McInness pulled out was because he was worried that the new potential owners might want to appoint their manager and he would be sacked.  Now that the sale of the club is off, Grayson might have a bit, but not much, more security.

Just now, pongo88 said:

One of the reasons McInness pulled out was because he was worried that the new potential owners might want to appoint their manager and he would be sacked.  Now that the sale of the club is off, Grayson might have a bit, but not much, more security.

More to it than just that for McInnes I think or else he'd be joining them now 

4 hours ago, SuperDziek said:

You've got a similar (lack of) hairstyle to me then. My eldest daughter loves pointing out that "....daddy, you haven't got any hair...".  Kids say the cruelest things!

your granddad had no hair either but I wasnt't so rude to him :laughcont:

1 minute ago, RedM said:

Yup as stated 3 year deal. I like Grayson, one of the nicest managers to talk to the fans after the game. Peston will miss him, I know a few Preston fans who will be upset.

I think Mortis`s earlier post sums up their feelings and even from outside I tend to agree. Hard act to follow.

5 hours ago, Mortis said:

I think its fair to say Simon will be leaving us for Sunderland and he goes with a heavy heart from  my perspective but wishing him all the luck in the world as it will be a huge financial increase in salary I would suspect , more local to his family and a budget that we will not have in my life time , he has been a wonderful ambassador for us for over 4 years and has done a superb job building a future for the next incumbant and has assembled a decent championship side on a very modest budget - maybe he felt he could take us no further and had over achieved and I think that he may have been right only time will tell , the club is run well and I suspect they have known for a good week or so that Simon was likely to move on and do think the owners will find ' the right fit ' for a club with our budget and restraints. Grayson will be fondly remembered by the majority of Preston fans and even the football was getting better ! ,  thanks for the four years Simon and I hope he gets his Premiership chance in due course - Mortis 

6 hours ago, Woodsy said:

Ha, my 4 year old loves pointing it out! I've told her it will happen to her if she has 3 daughters too.....her face was a picture. Payback :yawn:

Funny that - I'm also follically challenged and have three daughters! They're getting older now, more lippy and attitudes and just like that my beard has started to get these really light blond bits in it!

30 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

If I were a g*s fan I would be very worried now.

The perfect job for him IMO.

No no, you obviously missed that he signed a new 5 year contract and they looove him and he loooves their fans. Second to none they are..! 

Maybe he meant that they'd be his second choice, behind having no fans...? 

Was told last week it was all agreed and just needed the green light from Sunderland once the takeover talks had finally broken down.

It's a shame but he's been here a long time now and it's understandable that he wants a new challenge, at a very big club too and probably on double the money he was on here.

I'm hearing Rosler is the front runner but still early days.

3 minutes ago, pnefcok said:

Was told last week it was all agreed and just needed the green light from Sunderland once the takeover talks had finally broken down.

It's a shame but he's been here a long time now and it's understandable that he wants a new challenge, at a very big club too and probably on double the money he was on here.

Daryl Clarke would love it at Preston. 

Not only would he finally get to manage a team against us, his bitter sworn enemy (ignore the fact he's never managed against us) 

AND Preston have a dog on their club crest. 

Ok, it's a sheep, but I don't think Daryl's too fussy. 

37 minutes ago, Red Homer said:

Funny that - I'm also follically challenged and have three daughters! They're getting older now, more lippy and attitudes and just like that my beard has started to get these really light blond bits in it!

I share your pain, brother. My beard looks like I've snogged a badger nowadays. I like to think I look distinguished.....

1 minute ago, Woodsy said:

I share your pain, brother. My beard looks like I've snogged a badger nowadays. I like to think I look distinguished.....

Whenever my missus cuts my hair it never ceases to amaze me how she always seems to just cut out the odd grey bits. That`s all I ever see falling on to the floor anyway.

9 hours ago, RedDave said:

He's mad if he goes there at the moment

Sunderland is a big club though and they've now shelved any takeover negotiations and are going to go ahead with Ellis Short in charge. So some stability may ensue.

I heard an interesting stat on radio today, whenever Sunderland has been relegated from the premier league they have always reached the play offs (at least) in the next season. If true that's a good record of bouncing back. They get huge crowds relative to their population and average form - they've averaged over 40k at home for the last five seasons despite never getting any higher than 14th....

I think Grayson is a good fit for them, a fine record and he deserves his chance at a big club....

1 hour ago, pnefcok said:

Rosler sounds like a good fit. Just don't be the first club to let Giggs loose!!

The progress you've made in the last 5 years could so quickly go wrong. As we know.

46 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Hey,

He obviously listened to you.

Look at his first photo following his signature.

safc.com/news/team-news/2017/june/safsee-grayson-first-interview 

This just goes to prove what I've always suspected. Managers, agents and players from all league clubs scan the OTIB forum on an hourly basis to get the latest tips. Just think, people such as @SuperDziek, @Major Isewater, @Robbored etc are controlling the future of English football!

7 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

...Just don't be the first club to let Giggs loose!!

The progress you've made in the last 5 years could so quickly go wrong. As we know.

Bit harsh....a relatively unknown 38 year old manager called Sam Allardyce won a league title in his first season as a manager....

It can happen....

Archived