IGNORED

The official Bristol Manor Farm FC v Bristol City FC pre-season friendly match day thread

Septic Peg

Morning folks!

Now I'm not one to tell Granny how to suck eggs so this will be a brief thread today.

We all know where BMF is. Under the bridge all most. BMF won the league last year so have moved up a step in the pyramid.

The Creek is well known for the slope so watch out for corners. Should be entertaining for our lads at least.

About 1000 tickets were available for today so lots of City fans will be in attendance including YouTube and groundhop vlogger @AdamThurston. If you see him, go and say hi! I will copy a link of his video to this thread when uploaded.

Now I'm not 100% if I'll be able to copy tweets like I did yesterday as I will probably have to take the woof out (Sunday avo is always woof walkies) so if anyone else wants to, feel free.

Finally, today is the return of Wilbs. I happily admit, I thought we'd seen the last of him in a City shirt. So it will be great to see him back. Also expect Pierre to have another run out and our new giant striker Famara to have a run out too. Frank in between the sticks obviously.

I'm thinking 3-1. Famara with a hat-trick. He'll be adored on here by 5pm.

Come on you reds (or purples - BMF play in red and black...)

I'll copy my post from the train thread for those travelling...

IMPORTANT UPDATE!

Cancellations to services between Bristol Temple Meads and Severn Beach
Due to a shortage of train crew between Bristol Temple Meads and Severn Beach:
Train services running to and from these stations may be cancelled. Disruption is expected until 18:00 09/07.

Customer Advice
Road replacement transport will operate in both directions.
First Bus route 9: Bristol (Temple Meads Stop TA) - Redland (Station) - Clifton Down (Station), First Bus route 77: Montpelier/Redland (Zetland Road Junction) - Filton Abbey Wood (McDonalds) - Bristol Parkway (Stop B), First Bus route 3: Bristol (Centre) - Clifton Down - Sea Mills (Sunny Hill) - Shirehampton (Green) - Avonmouth - St Andrews Road, First Bus route 71: Bristol (Centre) - Montpelier (Colstons School) - Filton, First Bus route 72: Bristol (Temple Meads Stop TC) - Redland (Station) - Filton, First Bus route 75: Parson Street (Station) - Bedminster (Parade) - Bristol (Centre) - Montpelier (Colstons School) - Filton, First Bus routes 6, 7: Bristol (Centre) - Lawrence Hill (Station) and First Bus routes 48, 48A, 49: Bristol (Centre) - Stapleton Road (Warwick Road) are conveying passengers via any reasonable route until further notice.

https://www.journeycheck.com/greatwesternrailway/

4 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Morning folks!

Now I'm not one to tell Granny how to suck eggs so this will be a brief thread today.

We all know where BMF is. Under the bridge all most. BMF won the league last year so have moved up a step in the pyramid.

The Creek is well known for the slope so watch out for corners. Should be entertaining for our lads at least.

About 1000 tickets were available today so lots of City fans will be in attendance including YouTube and groundhop vlogger @AdamThurston. If you see him, go and say hi! I will copy a link of his video to this thread when uploaded.

Now I'm not 100% if I'll be able to copy tweets like I did yesterday as I will probably have to take the woof out (Sunday avo is always woof walkies) so if anyone else wants to, feel free.

Finally, today is the return of Wilbs. I happily admit, I thought we'd seen the last of him in a City shirt. So it will be great to see him back. Also expect Pierre to have another run out and our new giant striker Famara to have a run out too. Frank in between the sticks obviously.

Famara isn't in Bristol yet...

5 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

I'll copy my post from the train thread for those travelling...

IMPORTANT UPDATE!

Cancellations to services between Bristol Temple Meads and Severn Beach
Due to a shortage of train crew between Bristol Temple Meads and Severn Beach:
Train services running to and from these stations may be cancelled. Disruption is expected until 18:00 09/07.

Customer Advice
Road replacement transport will operate in both directions.
First Bus route 9: Bristol (Temple Meads Stop TA) - Redland (Station) - Clifton Down (Station), First Bus route 77: Montpelier/Redland (Zetland Road Junction) - Filton Abbey Wood (McDonalds) - Bristol Parkway (Stop B), First Bus route 3: Bristol (Centre) - Clifton Down - Sea Mills (Sunny Hill) - Shirehampton (Green) - Avonmouth - St Andrews Road, First Bus route 71: Bristol (Centre) - Montpelier (Colstons School) - Filton, First Bus route 72: Bristol (Temple Meads Stop TC) - Redland (Station) - Filton, First Bus route 75: Parson Street (Station) - Bedminster (Parade) - Bristol (Centre) - Montpelier (Colstons School) - Filton, First Bus routes 6, 7: Bristol (Centre) - Lawrence Hill (Station) and First Bus routes 48, 48A, 49: Bristol (Centre) - Stapleton Road (Warwick Road) are conveying passengers via any reasonable route until further notice.

https://www.journeycheck.com/greatwesternrailway/

and they tell us to leave our cars etc at home.......you couldn't make it up I'm surprised the portway aint shut for flower picking or some shit like that 

20 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Morning folks!

About 1000 tickets were available for today so lots of City fans will be in attendance including YouTube and groundhop vlogger @AdamThurston. If you see him, go and say hi! I will copy a link of his video to this thread when uploaded.

Woofers and Tweeters in your thread SP , very musical ! 

1 minute ago, Flint says No said:

Really? That's good just unfortunate I won't get to see him today.

The website article says he won't be playing: "Meanwhile, record signing Famara Diedhiou is en route to Bristol, aiming to show his face – albeit not feature on the pitch – for the Community Match at Bristol Manor Farm later today (4pm kick-off)."

28 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Morning folks!

I hope every day is walkies day peg :disapointed2se:

51 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

Battle of Bristols top two teams.

PRECISELY.

Manor Farm are a good outfit, so we had better be realistic about our chances against them.

I hear they are well organised, solid, and well managed.

Surely if we can come away with a draw then we will be able to keep our pre-season unbeaten run intact.

:fingerscrossed:

tfj

Fully expect us to concede a goal today.

Manor Farm play extremely attacking football, with a 4-3-3 being the favoured formation over the last few years.

4 players scored 98 goals between them last season.

Playing attacking teams tends to suit us, I will predict a 5-2 win.

Stamp and Powell to score for Farm.

Archived