IGNORED

The official Bristol Manor Farm FC v Bristol City FC pre-season friendly match day thread

Septic Peg

2 clean sheets is what I'm taking from the last 2 games.  Keep that up and we'll be fine. :fear:

Ok I'm taking the mick slightly but BMF have been scoring freely so a clean sheet in even a friendly at this level is not bad.

Just now, GrahamC said:

Don't worry, now he has scored the ninth and eleventh goals against Bristol Manor Farm someone will surely be along soon to say we should "give him a go" this season..

Well it depends. It be nice to see him get a few minutes for us but he's not ready for many meaningful minutes in the championship. Clearly got an eye for goal and seems to work hard to get into good positions. He's got a knack for that but I think a league loan would do him wonders. Surely someone in L2 could use a young pacy striker that costs nothing

Just now, Bar BS3 said:

It's not difficult to understand. He's having a good day, against Manor Farm. 

That doesn't mean he's good enough to start against Barnsley. 

I'm not sure what response you wanted to your post..?

Ok let me spell it out. Most people on here are not complete idiots and don't need to be told that having a good day at BMF is not necessarily a guide to how he may be in league games.

I asked if anyone there had any thoughts on how he played? Are you there do you have any thoughts on how he played?

Just now, Septic Peg said:

Can I just say a huge thank you to @CiderJar for taking over Twitter duty today. Much appreciated. :clap:

I'd like to thank Mum, Dad and the baby cheeses for making it all possible.

I was also watching England win the first test against S.Africa, and monitoring England women beating the Aussies and a magnificent effort from Somerset (well Corey Anderson) that fell just short.

Just now, CiderJar said:

I'd like to thank Mum, Dad and the baby cheeses for making it all possible.

I was also watching England win the first test against S.Africa, and monitoring England women beating the Aussies and a magnificent effort from Somerset (well Corey Anderson) that fell just short.

A true multi tasker!

38 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Have to say . The only person today who has been disappointing. Is Aden Flint . Ask for a photo with the boy . No smiling just a sort of shrug. Granted it gets boring. But every other player were fantastic. Disappointing on a community day 

To be fair, it's probably better to wait until after the corner has been taken at least! :)

6 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Yes my thoughts on you are confirmed, not all about you and your boy, they are pro footballers let them get on with it and forget the selfies.

U ain't got a clue . Don't mention my boy . You're thoughts on me I couldn't give a shit . I may exist in your life but u don't in mine. Stroker 

3 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

U ain't got a clue . Don't mention my boy . You're thoughts on me I couldn't give a shit . I may exist in your life but u don't in mine. Stroker 

Then why reply? You put you crap about Flint, you can expect some response,you mentioned 'your boy' as if it was some sort of right that Flinty should have to pose with him for selfie, he just shrugged it off, you got off lightly.  

You got your piccy, so on yer way...

1 minute ago, 1bristolcity said:

Then why reply? You put you crap about Flint, you can expect some response,you mentioned 'your boy' as if it was some sort of right that Flinty should have to pose with him for selfie, he just shrugged it off, you got off lightly.  

It's a day for kids to have photos and autographs with there Bristol city heroes. Big part of the day . For a footballer not managing a smile in a photo is pretty poor. When they know what the day is about. But you being the ***** you are . You wouldn't be able to understand that. Especially having no kids and living at home with your mum and dad . Ex copper . Ha ha ha 

14 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Bizarre post, it's a community day and one of our more senior players was seemingly a bit unfriendly/reluctant. Whilst a minor issue in the scheme of things, it's important for the kids that players are friendly as they are really excited to meet their heroes. It also indicates perhaps, as alluded to earlier, that Flint's mind could be elsewhere. 

I would argue that on a community day/pre season friendly thing it is almost a 'right' that players get as many pictures with fans as possible and look happy to be doing it. They're paid an awful lot and it's about 3 seconds from their day.. but it's a picture that a young fan might cherish for a long time. 

No need to be so hostile about it. 

10 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

What 'crap' did he post about Flint, other than saying it would have been nice if he'd smiled in a photo with his lad, during the community match today. Completely acceptable thing to say.

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Bizarre post, it's a community day and one of our more senior players was seemingly a bit unfriendly/reluctant. Whilst a minor issue in the scheme of things, it's important for the kids that players are friendly as they are really excited to meet their heroes. It also indicates perhaps, as alluded to earlier, that Flint's mind could be elsewhere. 

I would argue that on a community day/pre season friendly thing it is almost a 'right' that players get as many pictures with fans as possible. They're paid an awful lot and it's about 3 seconds from their day.. but it's a picture that a young fan might cherish for a long time. 

No need to be so hostile about it. 

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

What 'crap' did he post about Flint, other than saying it would have been nice if he'd smiled in a photo with his lad, during the community match today. Completely acceptable thing to say.

Thanks for the sensible posts . 100% . Correct 

Archived