IGNORED

The official Bristol Manor Farm FC v Bristol City FC pre-season friendly match day thread

Septic Peg

As promised, here is @AdamThurston's vlog from today...

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

One thing that made me laugh during the game is that whatever Frankie shouted to Pisano, he would do the opposite

Frankie shouts "stay there, don't move"

*Pisano jogs halfway across the pitch*

Frankie screams "run, use the space

*Pisano passes the ball infield*

Manor Farm goal kick after we attack, Frankie is screaming at Pisano to run back

*Pisano has a relaxed walk back*

Note to LJ: Teach key phrases above to Frank in Italian...

13 minutes ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

Then you won't want to watch this. 

IMG_0066.JPG

Please don't try and make a joke out of it because you've embarrassed yourself. 

There are one or two on here that learn some insider knowledge . Some accounts will obviously become slightly embellished   Some won't. We had a massive thread on the Tomlin debacle last season. For one person that may know some truth there are sadly quite a few more like you who massively muddy the waters with your bullshit. 

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

Don't call me son there was only one man worthy of that honour and he's no longer with us. 

Stop lying and making things up 

I had one man and one woman worthy of that, neither still with me. :sad26:

Ok so let me make sure I'm up to speed here....

Aden Flint didn't have a falling out with Lee Johnson, we now think That he probably Just needed a big poo, hence the reason he was a bit grumpy earlier because he was on his way to drop the kids off when being asked for a picture?

To be fair when you've got to go, you've got to go. 

Did Flint make it in time? Nothing worse than doing that quick half run half walk to the loo...

Summary, in case anyone doesn't want to read through this;

City won 11-0. There are two pages of match chat and 3 pages of grown men calling each other names

Apparently Hinds and Pack were fairly good and Pisano wasn't. Or was, depending on who you ask

40 minutes ago, Taz said:

Ok so let me make sure I'm up to speed here....

Aden Flint didn't have a falling out with Lee Johnson, we now think That he probably Just needed a big poo, hence the reason he was a bit grumpy earlier because he was on his way to drop the kids off when being asked for a picture?

To be fair when you've got to go, you've got to go. 

Did Flint make it in time? Nothing worse than doing that quick half run half walk to the loo...

still laughing, are you sure it was big. small or middling?

4 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Bizarre post, it's a community day and one of our more senior players was seemingly a bit unfriendly/reluctant. Whilst a minor issue in the scheme of things, it's important for the kids that players are friendly as they are really excited to meet their heroes. It also indicates perhaps, as alluded to earlier, that Flint's mind could be elsewhere. 

I would argue that on a community day/pre season friendly thing it is almost a 'right' that players get as many pictures with fans as possible and look happy to be doing it. They're paid an awful lot and it's about 3 seconds from their day.. but it's a picture that a young fan might cherish for a long time. 

No need to be so hostile about it. 

Don't think the anger issues this poster has would ever be subdued, no matter who smiled at him. To put up on here the negatives about Flint and his attitude was uncalled for. If it was the case OK get on with it, but  I am sure the boy can cope without all this ....I looked on the OS and there is a piccy of Flint signing etc...what do you want our CB's to be Doris Day? If you want smiles hugs and piccy's take the kid's to Disney World, this is a man's game...if Flint was a bit off, then tough, you pay yer money etc.  

Not sure if this is where to report on the game as the thread seems to have gone a bit weird. 

Really nice occasion, amazing place to watch football and would def go again (half price for City season ticket holders (i.e. £4).

Thought Manor Farm were decent, hard working and a number played both halves on a very hot afternoon out of season so hats off. As mentioned, their No 7 was impressive.

City: we played 2 teams one each half. First half very professional led by Pack and Flint who weren't messing about. Strange to hear Frankie shouting non-stop, directing defenders, not clear if anyone takes any notice. Joe had no defending to do at LB, Taylor M (in the middle with Flint) looked physically stronger, but still needed a fair bit of instruction on positioning from Flint. Hard to tell from this if he's a serious first team contender. Eros, looks fit and strong, did the only cruncher of the day, will be fun to watch. We went small and quick up front, and both Hinds and Morrell did fine, with Bobby Reid looking good (usual provisos about friendlies apply).

Second half felt a B team but Korey Smith organised them over the 45 from a bit of a rabble to some sort of shape and the goals came. Paterson wasn't involved much which was a shame, O'Dowda played like a kid in a candy shop - and helped himself. Liam Kelly did pretty well on the left wing. But it was McCoulsky and De Girolamo that were most interesting. Shawn had a bit of a mare and got frustrated and a bit pissy, particularly with Diego, and his goals were laid on for him by others. Doubt Lee was impressed. Diego seems to have more an all round game and could well be closer to 1st team than Shawn now. The second half side had none of the togetherness that the first half side showed, zero celebration and not much support for each other. Korey stood head and shoulders above them all.

I would guess Brownhill, O'Dowda impressed the management today, Pack Smith and Flint all look essential - really professional today.

19 minutes ago, spikeislandred said:

Not sure if this is where to report on the game as the thread seems to have gone a bit weird. 

Really nice occasion, amazing place to watch football and would def go again (half price for City season ticket holders (i.e. £4).

Thought Manor Farm were decent, hard working and a number played both halves on a very hot afternoon out of season so hats off. As mentioned, their No 7 was impressive.

City: we played 2 teams one each half. First half very professional led by Pack and Flint who weren't messing about. Strange to hear Frankie shouting non-stop, directing defenders, not clear if anyone takes any notice. Joe had no defending to do at LB, Taylor M (in the middle with Flint) looked physically stronger, but still needed a fair bit of instruction on positioning from Flint. Hard to tell from this if he's a serious first team contender. Eros, looks fit and strong, did the only cruncher of the day, will be fun to watch. We went small and quick up front, and both Hinds and Morrell did fine, with Bobby Reid looking good (usual provisos about friendlies apply).

Second half felt a B team but Korey Smith organised them over the 45 from a bit of a rabble to some sort of shape and the goals came. Paterson wasn't involved much which was a shame, O'Dowda played like a kid in a candy shop - and helped himself. Liam Kelly did pretty well on the left wing. But it was McCoulsky and De Girolamo that were most interesting. Shawn had a bit of a mare and got frustrated and a bit pissy, particularly with Diego, and his goals were laid on for him by others. Doubt Lee was impressed. Diego seems to have more an all round game and could well be closer to 1st team than Shawn now. The second half side had none of the togetherness that the first half side showed, zero celebration and not much support for each other. Korey stood head and shoulders above them all.

I would guess Brownhill, O'Dowda impressed the management today, Pack Smith and Flint all look essential - really professional today.

Cox (the Manor Farm 7) is a bit of a mystery to me, and I have watched them on a semi-regular basis for the last couple of years (considering getting a season ticket for 2018)

He scored 15 goals last season and, as far as I can remember, played in every position except in goal and CB!

The real definition of a utility player.

1 hour ago, CiderJar said:

Here's Frankie Fielding and old misery guts

Is it just me or FF doesn't look too enamoured either? Or maybe it's grown men having to wear rucksacks? Or the fact that AF has got his head stuck in a vice? Who knows. Can't really see what all the fuss is about.

7 hours ago, reddoh said:

still laughing, are you sure it was big. small or middling?

Not sure, just going on reports previous to my comment. Perhaps a full investigation is needed, just wouldn't want to be the one leading it :blink:

Loud noises,

thats what that I take from this thread,

Flint didn't have a falling out last seasons there was. I rumours about it but maybe lee should of has he was shocking at times during that run,

and with the lack of smiles looks like he is just focused to me

8 hours ago, CiderJar said:

What I am looking at is Aden Flint posing for a pic "in character". He's known as a hard man and you can see that he is playing up to that image there. A squall in a tea cup, not even a storm.

37 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

What I am looking at is Aden Flint posing for a pic "in character". He's known as a hard man and you can see that he is playing up to that image there. A squall in a tea cup, not even a storm.

Not so sure about that, his Instagram has loads of pics where he's smiling. Wouldn't kill him to look a bit happier in my opinion. 

7 hours ago, Shtanley said:

Interesting about McCoulsky getting angry. Young Diego mentioned it in his interview. Not a good trait from SM. 

Why isn't that a good trait to have?

9 hours ago, CiderJar said:

Right or wrong that is pretty much Flint's stock photo pose (cue loads of photos now posted showing me different) but I've seen him do similar hundreds of times. Funny how this gets raised to strengthen rumours....now watch him prove me wrong and sign for Derby or whoever today with the Bristol Post headlining they hated each other for years!

Archived