IGNORED

Ad Free Forum

glastonred

16 hours ago, Tomarse said:

@Dollymarie can help with cheque/BACS payment methods if that's esiser for you.  We have no control over what PayPal demand unfortunetly it's just an easy interface for the forum etc 

Tom, when I use Paypal for other things, all I have to enter is my ID and password, they already know all my details.  

When I just tried to pay my membership fee, the first payment screen wanted name, address, mobile number etc.  I've not been asked for this before using Paypal.  That's why I'm usually happy using it.  No need for personal details.  Which I wouldn't want to enter on the internet over here.

There's nothing on the first two screens suggesting that it's Paypal requesting these details.  Paypal don't require these details....they already have them.

I'll pay when I'm next back in the UK, no worries.  But, I'm interested as to who is requesting these details. 

Can you advise?

Cheers.

i

21 minutes ago, 42nite said:

Tom, when I use Paypal for other things, all I have to enter is my ID and password, they already know all my details.  

When I just tried to pay my membership fee, the first payment screen wanted name, address, mobile number etc.  I've not been asked for this before using Paypal.  That's why I'm usually happy using it.  No need for personal details.  Which I wouldn't want to enter on the internet over here.

There's nothing on the first two screens suggesting that it's Paypal requesting these details.  Paypal don't require these details....they already have them.

I'll pay when I'm next back in the UK, no worries.  But, I'm interested as to who is requesting these details. 

Can you advise?

Cheers.

i

Tagging @Blagdon red and @Tomarse so they can advise/help. 

19 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Don't have Pay Pal (or want it)

I'd like to chip in with my fiver, (just tried but its pay pal only, dont see why THEY need my mobile number etc just to process a payment to you, (as well as my home address and email .. besides my debit card details which should be enough imho )

& what about the people who don't have a mobile?  

Does seem strange to ask for an email address. Surely that would serve to exclude OTIB users who don't have the internet?

22 hours ago, glastonred said:

I have just had a look at the Cardiff forum to see their reaction to the arrival of Tomlin, and I found their site plastered with advertisements and flashing images. I've noticed that this is common with a lot of other clubs' sites. Thank God ours is free of that commercial crap. We seem to be in a minority.

just had a look at theirs as well, the nerve to call us carrot crunchers, the sheep sha**ing bas***ds  :city:  :laughcont:

• SC&T Board Members
53 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I'd gladly throw in a fiver, but i don't use PayPal and have no intention of signing up for it.

If you have an aversion to PayPal, you can pay your £5 (or make a larger donation) via this link

Please note, however: the PayPal payment system is linked automatically to OTIB, so you 'go purple' as soon as you pay. Via this alternative method the change of your status to 'OTIB Supporter' has to be done manually and could take a day or two, depending on Tom's availability.

4 hours ago, 42nite said:

Can you advise?

Cheers.

i

It's possible that it's the board software automatically demanding it in case payment is other than PayPal (you can use other payment gateways) - I will have a look tomorrow and see if I can simplify it - it maybe PayPal demand the address to cross check against the PayPal account. 

21 minutes ago, Blagdon red said:

If you have an aversion to PayPal, you can pay your £5 (or make a larger donation) via this link

Please note, however: the PayPal payment system is linked automatically to OTIB, so you 'go purple' as soon as you pay. Via this alternative method the change of your status to 'OTIB Supporter' has to be done manually and could take a day or two, depending on Tom's availability.

Thanks.

I'll do that shortly.

On 15/07/2017 at 11:12, Ian M said:

Mainly this is due to the generosity of our user base in signing up to be "OTIB Supporters" which costs £5 per year. I don't think this quite covers all the hosting costs so the Supporters Trust picks up the shortfall. 

We usually have an appeal for people to sign up once or twice a year to help us keep the site ad-free so feel free to turn this thread into that. ;) 

Even though I am part of the Admin team, the credit for the look and feel of the forum is all due to @Tomarse who dedicates a lot of time to making it look right every time a major revision to the software is released but much credit also goes to our members for making this my favourite website on the internet, keep up the good work all :) 

You can sign up for OTIB supporter at this link: http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/store/

I think  there is a problem with auto renewals so people keep falling of the radar when they do not realise their membership has ended - not sure if it's been changed yet/now.

Archived