IGNORED

OTIB changes?

Septic Peg

So as predicted some users have felt the need to abuse the reputation system - actually going through users old posts and negative rating them all. 

As a result the dustbin reputation is now set to a neutral value and anyone who we can see who's been carrying out this sort we will simply remove all their reputations dished out. 

It's meant to be a bit of fun, don't ruin it for the entire forum thank you! 

8 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

So as predicted some users have felt the need to abuse the reputation system - actually going through users old posts and negative rating them all. 

As a result the dustbin reputation is now set to a neutral value and anyone who we can see who's been carrying out this sort we will simply remove all their reputations dished out. 

Name and shame the weirdos.

11 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

I saw that earlier - I assumed it must be a glitch or something as these posts being 'rubbished' were going far back. Some even to 2015 from what I could see!

48 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

I blame that @BigTone. He's trouble personified. The rapscallion...

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I saw that earlier - I assumed it must be a glitch or something as these posts being 'rubbished' were going far back. Some even to 2015 from what I could see!

Wow thats really strange. Maybe we should have a limit to when a post can be rated? like 2 months or something?

There was a poster recently who told another poster to expect snakes and rubbishes in reaction to his post. The post itself wasn't outrageous just shows how much reputation/image means to people.

3 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Wow thats really strange. Maybe we should have a limit to when a post can be rated? like 2 months or something?

There was a poster recently who told another poster to expect snakes and rubbishes in reaction to his post. The post itself wasn't outrageous just shows how much reputation/image means to people.

People take it all so seriously, it's a virtual rating system on a forum!

Always thought the reputation thing was a bit silly. Surely if it's to be truly representative it should be based on the ratings per post? Under the current system, somebody who posts 100 times a week but posts 95% rubbish (naming no names :ph34r:) will have a higher 'reputation' than somebody who posts one quality post a week.

5 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

Always thought the reputation thing was a bit silly. Surely if it's to be truly representative it should be based on the ratings per post? Under the current system, somebody who posts 100 times a week but posts 95% rubbish (naming no names :ph34r:) will have a higher 'reputation' than somebody who posts one quality post a week.

I thought reputation wasn't based on how often someone posts, more the positive feedback they receive for their posts.

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I thought reputation wasn't based on how often someone posts, more the positive feedback they receive for their posts.

Yes, it is. But my point is that if somebody posts 100 times they are far more likely to receive positive feedback than somebody who posts once, even if most of those 100 posts are a load of rubbish.

Anyway, probably overthinking this slightly... :laugh:

Archived