IGNORED

No flint today

The Humble Realist

It's definitely fishy. It was pretty much a full strength side minus him, so the 'we know what he can do' argument doesn't stand up.

He's not injured, surely there can't be any concerns about his fatigue when we were playing against farmers today, was hardly going to be strenuous. He's not old and incapable of playing a few friendlies in a week.. seems a bit strange. Think something is going on personally.

9 minutes ago, The Humble Realist said:

Can't believe there isn't a topic on this ?!

Surely without flint playing in today's friendly something is going on...if it's just a knock fair enough but why name him amongst the subs if so?

I know many will say 'nothing to see here ' but surely at the very least it's a bit suspicious!!

No Flint today - and you're trying to start fires...irony :P

The problem is if and it's a big IF LJ has lied about the situation, again, albeit for the right reasons we literally won't trust a word that comes out of his mouth. 

I personally think it was solely to get JH minutes as someone mentioned with him pulling out of the Yeovil game he stands to benefit more from the run around.

2 minutes ago, cheshire_red said:

If Flint and Magnússon start against Cheltenham it rather gives the impression of not knowing which pairing s going to be starting the season. It would only give one game for Flint and Wright to team back up before the season starts.

You expect they will still be doing a lot in training with all the pairings, we're seemingly just giving all the pairs a chance to have a go with each other in match conditions so far. No harm in that. 

Just now, samo II said:

Aye.  Of course, of course.

So where is the real evidence ? Yeah he didn't play today, but so what he will at Cheltenham - unless injured.

Its all piss and wind, there is nothing to suggest he is off at all.

Its about as credible as the complete bollocks regarding Tim Krul.

1 minute ago, Saunders87 said:

The problem is if and it's a big IF LJ has lied about the situation, again, albeit for the right reasons we literally won't trust a word that comes out of his mouth

I personally think it was solely to get JH minutes as someone mentioned with him pulling out of the Yeovil game he stands to benefit more from the run around.

A lot already don't seem to ;)

4 minutes ago, Saunders87 said:

The problem is if and it's a big IF LJ has lied about the situation, again, albeit for the right reasons we literally won't trust a word that comes out of his mouth. 

I really don't understand why you expect clubs too tell the truth. If they did than every other club would know our teams truths, bad for our club. I fully expect teams too lie and am never disappointed and just remember History is always written by the victors and probably isn't the truth either.

39 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Panic not. He's getting locked in the cupboard again tomorrow, and only let out on Tuesday and Friday ;) 

Dolly !!!  I am getting sick of sharing the same bloody cupboard as him all the time.

45 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It's definitely fishy. It was pretty much a full strength side minus him, so the 'we know what he can do' argument doesn't stand up.

What I meant is that Flints availability in the last few seasons has been exemplary but it's still possible that he could be out for the odd game or spell.

I agree that was a full strength side (the lineup I expect to see, with Flint in for Hegeler, for Barnsley) but we've never really looked at alternatives at CB.  We've tried many midfield pairings, wide players, systems etc but Flint has pretty much been a constant.

Its still possible he'll be gone but I'm not looking at that lineup as an indicator of it.

1 hour ago, The Humble Realist said:

Surely without flint playing in today's friendly something is going on...if it's just a knock fair enough but why name him amongst the subs if so?

I know many will say 'nothing to see here ' but surely at the very least it's a bit suspicious!!

They wanted to give Hegeler and Wright game time, Flint & Mags will play against Cheltenham - so says LJ today

2 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Dolly !!!  I am getting sick of sharing the same bloody cupboard as him all the time.

think yourself lucky that Scott's not come home early but that would explain Luis Suárez's biting

If LJ is 100% sure Flint will still be here on Aug 5th, then he starts every friendly. No question. 

But he knows there's a decent chance he won't and he needs to look at alternatives within the squad now rather than after the event. 

Factually, we haven't had any bids, but plenty of us aren't fooled by comments like that. We all know clubs are monitoring him, waiting for other dominos to fall before they make their move. Flint knows this, the club knows this, his agent will know this. 

Dont be fooled by some of the comments coming out of AG. Clever use of words and spin. I still think it's more likely he'll be off this window. 

1 hour ago, The Humble Realist said:

YES MY REPLY IS ON CAITALS TO GET ATTENTION . For **** he's not that good , get over it. Very good first ball winner which every team needs and we got a replacement in baily wright . There are a few that don't rate baily , I promise you he is as good a defender if not better than flinty . Plus I think he'll play hegeler there . LJ wants us to play from the back. Flint and wright are very similar defenders . Hegeler can be the sweeper in behind the first ball winner (wright) let's not forget EVERY time a nippy forward gets flint one on one he's like bamby on ice. People get carried away with a players petsonality . Don't get me wrong , flintys been great for us but players come and go , **** it we'll survive .  

Archived