IGNORED

No flint today

The Humble Realist

8 hours ago, reddoh said:

I really don't understand why you expect clubs too tell the truth. If they did than every other club would know our teams truths, bad for our club. I fully expect teams too lie and am never disappointed and just remember History is always written by the victors and probably isn't the truth either.

I agree and in some respects I found LJ a bit too open with his prematch interviews, may be showing his hand to the opposition or may be ' smoke and mirrors ' . 

7 hours ago, pillred said:

that's very patient compared to most on here.

Lee Johnson fails - Bristol city fail.

If LJ truly was the reason behind our bad form last season and Steve Lansdown showing that he will stick with him, this year we might not be so lucky! So I'd rather he was successful and not have to go through another season of disappointment and torture! 

48 minutes ago, eardun said:

Thread title reminds me of Herman's Hermits for some reason:

'No Flint today, my love has gone away...'

Or the little known B side: Relax he's playing at Cheltenham. 

Wasn't Relax recorded by Frankie Goes to Benchwood  (if we bring in a new keeper)? 

10 hours ago, eric04 said:

If LJ is 100% sure Flint will still be here on Aug 5th, then he starts every friendly. No question. . 

So, sod other players getting match fit or getting practice alongside other CBs, should Flint get injured or suspended.

If Johnson really thinks Hegeler is a CB this season, then we've 4 decent CBs, all playing for their place....I'd make that 5 personally with Taylor Moore.  None of them should be lulled into thinking they are undroppable.

Well I've just watched Scotty's snaps from last night and it was obviously an end of tour party (Frankie on the Bombay sapphire, Marlon walking around with 2 bottles in his hand, Gus is a closet party animal! Some of the staff have managed to get dodgy specs to match Eros!) and Mr Flint was there enjoying himself so I can only assume he was rested yesterday for the friendlies in the week against tougher opposition. 

Just now, wendyredredrobin said:

With Moore, Maggs Hegelar and Wright in the squad, We can afford to lose Flint if the price is right.  I would miss him though as he wins a lot in the air both at the back and when he goes up for corners.

Question is, what is a good price?

It's as much his character that he will be a big loss when he goes.

Like Frankie Fielding , both average players  making their way in the game through sheer character and hard work .

I highly  respect those two .

12 hours ago, Saunders87 said:

The problem is if and it's a big IF LJ has lied about the situation, again, albeit for the right reasons we literally won't trust a word that comes out of his mouth. 

I personally think it was solely to get JH minutes as someone mentioned with him pulling out of the Yeovil game he stands to benefit more from the run around.

Not too sure who the we are, but words don't literally come out of people's mouths. Surprisingly, we don't carry speech bubbles around with us. 

11 hours ago, eric04 said:

If LJ is 100% sure Flint will still be here on Aug 5th, then he starts every friendly. No question.  

So your way of thinking then is to play your best line-up, every game, ready for the start of the season? On this basis then, someone picks up an injury the day before kickoff, and suddenly we throw someone in who has had less of a pre season because he's "not first choice".

The majority of players at most clubs, unless injured or out in the cold, will play a decent amount of friendlies. Towards the end, maybe the last 2 games, you'll probably play your strongest 11 to get some continuity, but before that, to expect a player to play every single game, is unrealistic.

Jeez, after years of starting every league and cup game Flint not even allowed to sit out one friendly lest we are unsure how he'll partner a guy he played alongside since January? 

13 hours ago, cynic said:

That really is too simple for some to understand.

1 hour ago, Taz said:

So your way of thinking then is to play your best line-up, every game, ready for the start of the season? On this basis then, someone picks up an injury the day before kickoff, and suddenly we throw someone in who has had less of a pre season because he's "not first choice".

The majority of players at most clubs, unless injured or out in the cold, will play a decent amount of friendlies. Towards the end, maybe the last 2 games, you'll probably play your strongest 11 to get some continuity, but before that, to expect a player to play every single game, is unrealistic.

According to reports it appears Flint and Wright will only get one game together before the start of the season. Not ideal for the most crucial pairing in the team who have not played together for 3 months. Sorry if that is too simple for some to understand.

1 hour ago, Taz said:

You honestly think Flint wouldn't have started these games if there was uncertainty? My point is, there's clearly more going on than the party line of "we've had no bids so he's going nowhere" 

11 minutes ago, eric04 said:

You honestly think Flint wouldn't have started these games if there was uncertainty? My point is, there's clearly more going on than the party line of "we've had no bids so he's going nowhere" 

You're basing this on not playing one friendly? He's played 90 minutes in every other friendly we played, even against Yeovil when the speculation to Leeds was at it's hottest. 

14 hours ago, cheshire_red said:

If Flint and Magnússon start against Cheltenham it rather gives the impression of not knowing which pairing s going to be starting the season. It would only give one game for Flint and Wright to team back up before the season starts.

You don't play your strongest team in friendliest, it's about getting the squad up to match fitness hence the chopping and changing 

32 minutes ago, cheshire_red said:

According to reports it appears Flint and Wright will only get one game together before the start of the season. Not ideal for the most crucial pairing in the team who have not played together for 3 months. Sorry if that is too simple for some to understand.

It may be simple but the logic of your argument is surely that only the first choice 11 should play in pre-season games as they will all have forgotten how to do their jobs during the summer. If it applies to Flint it presumably applies to everybody.

Which leaves you with much of the squad having had no match practice.

17 minutes ago, eric04 said:

It's s preseason friendy, every chance of him not starting

18 minutes ago, eric04 said:

It's not clear at all, you are making an assumption and presenting it as fact. 

We'll see what happens in due course but in the meantime Flint sitting out one game does not prove he is leaving. Any more than Bryan playing proves he isn't.

18 minutes ago, Sergio Georgini said:

You're basing this on not playing one friendly? He's played 90 minutes in every other friendly we played, even against Yeovil when the speculation to Leeds was at it's hottest. 

But he only played because hegeler got injured in the warm up. 

Just now, chinapig said:

It's not clear at all, you are making an assumption and presenting it as fact. 

We'll see what happens in due course but in the meantime Flint sitting out one game does not prove he is leaving. Any more than Bryan playing proves he isn't.

Don't think it's 'proof'...but surely it's a bit suspicious given the spectulation? 

4 minutes ago, eric04 said:

But he only played because hegeler got injured in the warm up. 

Which could also be the reason he never played yesterday. Maybe they were both only going to start 1 game each??

Archived