IGNORED

Q & A - Lee Johnson

Charlie BCFC

25 minutes ago, kevthered said:

No it's not ...Think Bobby might of stumbled on his best position TBH

He is unable to shoot accurately.

In addition he lacked the composure last season to finish at least 2 sitters which cost us points in games, whilst his feeble surrender of possession in others led directly to the opposition scoring. 

The manager went from describing him as a potential £5M player to bombing him out completely because he couldn't "trust" him.

Would a player who hadn't come through the academy be given so many chances to redeem themselves or re-invent as something they're clearly not? Of course not. It's the only reason he's still anywhere near the first team but helpfully allows the manager to brown nose the owner about giving youth a chance (a pre-condition of anyone, post Cotterill, being given the job).     

11 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

He is unable to shoot accurately.

In addition he lacked the composure last season to finish at least 2 sitters which cost us points in games, whilst his feeble surrender of possession in others led directly to the opposition scoring. 

The manager went from describing him as a potential £5M player to bombing him out completely because he couldn't "trust" him.

Would a player who hadn't come through the academy be given so many chances to redeem themselves or re-invent as something they're clearly not? Of course not. It's the only reason he's still anywhere near the first team but helpfully allows the manager to brown nose the owner about giving youth a chance (a pre-condition of anyone, post Cotterill, being given the job).     

It's another year on MM...His shooting was well on target and very powerful too. I know it was only against Yeovil but it don't matter when shooting ...I know his history but this is his year what with younger players coming in he got to make it or be moved on.. 

31 minutes ago, kevthered said:

It's another year on MM...His shooting was well on target and very powerful too. I know it was only against Yeovil but it don't matter when shooting ...I know his history but this is his year what with younger players coming in he got to make it or be moved on.. 

Course it does - against a lesser defence you got longer to compose yourself - against top defences you don't get that time and as a result you end up snatching at shots, refer back to last year with him. 

Just now, Phileas Fogg said:

Do you get any enjoyment at all from watching football? All you seem to do is moan incessantly. There's nothing we on this forum can do to change how the team plays or who we sign - just try and enjoy it.

yea how dare johnson try a player in a different postion in some pre-season friendlies, i mean we should be trying that shit against Sunderland and Barnsley not Torquay and Bath ffs

47 minutes ago, Saunders87 said:

Course it does - against a lesser defence you got longer to compose yourself - against top defences you don't get that time and as a result you end up snatching at shots, refer back to last year with him. 

He was under pressure to shoot and got his shots in one of which he scored from, agree he ain't going to get the same time in the championship but when do hopefully it will be at least on target.....Think he will get better with performances but the idea situation will be Matty Taylor back fit but i do think that this is interesting ...Everyone see's it different eh

also remember Đurić, Taylor and Engvil are still carrying knocks, Hunds is unlikely to be in the first team, that doesn't leave us much,

but then if we change it to 4-5-1 or 4-4-1-1 the same people would then be moaning that we are too negative or setting up to lose

20 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

yea how dare johnson try a player in a different postion in some pre-season friendlies, i mean we should be trying that shit against Sunderland and Barnsley not Torquay and Bath ffs

Well in that case, why not try me and you up front?

It's almost as ridiculous an idea as playing Bobby Reid up there 

3 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Would you mind writing up a brief summary if you can remember what was said?

Good plan as LJ will certainly forget by tomorrow.

1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

Well in that case, why not try me and you up front?

It's almost as ridiculous an idea as playing Bobby Reid up there 

I understand Barnsley have signed a Chelsea and England under 20 striker....just a reminder that we wont be playing the likes of Manor Farm in our first game. This is going to be a tough div will we be ready ? :yawn:

Are some people really as stupid as they sound on here..?! 

All our other strikers are carrying knocks, so he's trying Bobby up front. 

IF, come the Barnsley match, other strikers haven't recovered then that will be our only real option. 

If the other forwards are back and match fit, then of course Bobby won't be first choice for the front two. 

It's really not that hard to understand or see the reasoning behind!! 

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

IF, come the Barnsley match, other strikers haven't recovered then that will be our only real option. 

If the other forwards are back and match fit, then of course Bobby won't be first choice for the front two. 

For gods sake stop talking sense !

1 hour ago, Saunders87 said:

That's a good point - He does strike a ball as well as anyone in the squad - His goal at a bath last year and watching him in shooting drills shows that

The composure in a split second is an issue for any striker / potential striker - if he could crack that he does have attributes to make himself a second forward

Im not sure he will pull it off, and certainly wouldn't want to rely on him in that role atm  but it's not outrageous to have a look at it IMHO

if I squint slightly I can actually see quite a bit of Nicky Maynard in him

what will be interesting is who he plays in our final friendly and whether Gustavo gets any mins

11 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Thanks for that Lee 

Archived