IGNORED

Q & A - Lee Johnson

Charlie BCFC

18 minutes ago, class not gas said:

He told us he's had 2 death threats.

WTF?  

I really hope that's a couple of 12 year olds on a dare after a bottle of White Lightning.

If that's adults I hope they feel the full force of the law.

******* Ridiculous. 

Just now, RumRed said:

WTF?  

I really hope that's a couple of 12 year olds on a date after a bottle of White Lightning.

If that's adults I hope they feel the full force of the law.

******* Ridiculous. 

If you searched @LeeJohnsonCoach on Twitter during Jan/Feb some of the things people were saying to him were absolutely inexcusable. Grown adults, some of them probably parents themselves. People don't realise that it's just a game of football that they have no direct control over and can't impact at all - especially over Twitter.

If anything, I think all the banners, abuse and threats made SL even firmer in his resolve to stick with LJ.

15 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

If you searched @LeeJohnsonCoach on Twitter during Jan/Feb some of the things people were saying to him were absolutely inexcusable. Grown adults, some of them probably parents themselves. People don't realise that it's just a game of football that they have no direct control over and can't impact at all - especially over Twitter.

If anything, I think all the banners, abuse and threats made SL even firmer in his resolve to stick with LJ.

Not convinced by LJ at all but crikey, some people need perspective.

World is sh*t enough as it is at the moment, to start getting that threatening over a bunch of millionaires kicking a pigs bladder around a field is tragic.

On 21/07/2017 at 16:18, AppyDAZE said:

If Bobby Reid starts up front against Barnsley, then we have seriously focked up this summer, injuries or NO injuries.

Big time...with doubts about how serious Djurics injury is and the ongoing Gus saga we are badly in need of another genuine striking option.

When do Prem clubs announce squads re; loan possibilities??

1 minute ago, RumRed said:

Not convinced by LJ at all but crikey, some people need perspective.

Exactly my view. People need to make the distinction between football and real life. It's a leisure activity ffs, he's just trying to do a job whatever you think of his performance.

It's a great game, gives you something to think about and discuss - but that's all it is; a game. 

One of my least favourite politicians, Dianne Abbott, was talking about online abuse as she receives lots herself. She said 20 years ago, if you didn't like your MP, you'd have to post them a letter. Now you can instantly send them whatever is on your mind. That's the same for a football manager or player. Previously, all you could do was voice your discontent at games and discuss it with your mates. Now, if they're on Twitter like LJ is - you can send them WHATEVER you like when you've had a few drinks or feeling particularly angry.

I feel LJ gets it particularly badly and it stems from people not liking him as a player which makes no sense at all.

Just now, Phileas Fogg said:

Exactly my view. People need to make the distinction between football and real life. It's a leisure activity ffs, he's just trying to do a job whatever you think of his performance.

It's a great game, gives you something to think about and discuss - but that's all it is; a game. 

One of my least favourite politicians, Dianne Abbott, was talking about online abuse as she receives lots herself. She said 20 years ago, if you didn't like your MP, you'd have to post them a letter. Now you can instantly send them whatever is on your mind. That's the same for a football manager or player. Previously, all you could do was voice your discontent at games and discuss it with your mates. Now, if they're on Twitter like LJ is - you can send them WHATEVER you like when you've had a few drinks or feeling particularly angry.

I feel LJ gets it particularly badly and it stems from people not liking him as a player which makes no sense at all.

A solid reason why not to be on twitter, I hate all these things.  The Tomlin stuff before he joined annoyed me so much I didn't want him here.  The Kodjia stuff was equally ill informed in my opinion.

And the Tomlin/Pembo love in recently was just cringeworthy.

Ban all players and staff from public twitter in my view, it would help them all out, I'd be going mad if I was SL.

1 minute ago, RumRed said:

A solid reason why not to be on twitter, I hate all these things.  The Tomlin stuff before he joined annoyed me so much I didn't want him here.  The Kodjia stuff was equally ill informed in my opinion.

And the Tomlin/Pembo love in recently was just cringeworthy.

Ban all players and staff from public twitter in my view, it would help them all out, I'd be going mad if I was SL.

Think in an ideal world it would be the best solution. So many apps and ways to post things online that it's very difficult. 

I despised the cringeworthy Tomlin 'Loyal Love' stuff before he joined. Our own supporters (adults) buying his naff caps thinking it might influence his decision before he joined; was embarrassing. 

I saw Matty Taylor went 'live' on Instagram the other day and watched a couple of minutes. Was him, Pack, Paterson and Flint together in Tenerife. Some of the comments people were writing were extraordinary, shows you what players are subjected to online. Pretty bizarre world we live in really, social media creates a parallel dimension.

It's brave - and perhaps unwise - for LJ to be on Twitter. It's never going to end well for him. Suppose it lets him check up on what players are doing though.

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Pretty disgusting really. We do have some stupid stupid fans but you'd think they'd be able to realise the difference between football and real life. Some clearly don't, he's here trying to do a job like everyone else. It's just that his job puts him in he public eye and his every word over analysed.

I tell you what though, you've got to admire his resolve. He was seriously under the cosh last season - which is fine until it crosses the line - but he stayed strong and we stayed up. He's a young man with a young family, a man of lesser resolve might just think 'it's not worth my time' and jack it in. Whether you like him or not, he was brave in the face of adversity last season.

Those cretins are no fans of ours.

1 hour ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Those cretins are no fans of ours.

The trouble is mate, they truly believe they are and have some sort of entitlement to post this sort of thing.

No way they`d have the stones to say it to his face - wasn`t it Cotts that went round to some Burnley (?) fan`s house to have it out after the bloke had been giving him grief on social media?

Just now, Cheesleysmate said:

If it all comes down to injuries then we'll go with Bobby and Diedhiou up front in a 4-4-1-1. If we lose then we'll take plenty of positives, dust ourselves off and go again.

The news from our physio today is a little bit encouraging though - Milan and Matty should be back training shortly and could be ready to play in a couple of weeks he says. Groin strains though, notorious for flaring up again as soon as you start doing some serious work.

Archived