IGNORED

We are predicted to get relegated by 4 pundits on FLW

Redminster

14 hours ago, Red_Wizard said:

Spot on what I have highlighted, glad you can see the issues also. Give it another month most of the people on here will be drawing the knives out, while we have seen it coming all along.

What a ******* whopper you are mate, along with BCFC Grim, Ballsack etc.

Can't wait for city to lose so you can tell everyone 'I told you so'.

Just give your vaginas a wipe and concentrate on supporting the team rather than willing them to fail. :thumbsup:

How many games of us have these pundits seen? Very few, so based it only on the fact Tammy was scoring and Tomlin by his reputation in this league even though our best run was without him in our side. Fair point about us Conceding goals but Bailey Wright only came in halfway through last season and once he settled added grit and steel to our defence and Pisano will only add to that, I don't see us being such a soft touch this season. 

The Championship is a tough division so I dont think you can say who are the favourites to go down. Last year, some pundits predicted Huddersfield would struggle and look what happened. I think we are better side than last season suggests. There were periods where we were very good. That appalling run cost us and led to a loss of faith in the manager (I wanted him out). But for me, a new season brings a clean slate for all.

I can see Millwall, Burton, Sheff Utd, Ipswich, Wolves, QPR, Bolton all struggling. My teams to go down would be Bolton, Burton and Ipswich. I can see us finishing in mid-table and we might flirt with the playoffs. I dont think the division is particularly strong this season so you never know. I think the key will be our away form, which was not too good mid season. If we can improve this, we will be fine.  I think we have some good players on our books and we might just get the chance to see them blossom. I am optimistic.  

I dont think we will miss Abraham (controversial). Did wonders for us yes, but I think his goals can be replaced. He did not really create many chances for others and his hold up play was adequate. If I had a choice between Kodjia and Abraham, Kodjia wins hands down because he could play up top on his own and had the pace, power and skill at his disposal. Thus, the new fella may be the answer with cameos from Đurić, Taylor and Engvall.  The latter is a goal scorer and perhaps he will be given his chance. He was not fit last season so we almost have a new player in our midst. 

Tomlin was useless and we wont miss him. He is a spent force IMO, which is why he has never made it. On paper too good for the division but the game aint played on paper.....

56 minutes ago, Oops said:

Just give your vaginas a wipe and concentrate on supporting the team rather than willing them to fail. :thumbsup:

Expressing an opinion is not willing them to fail, when those opinions are from some fans who have seen most games last season as well, makes your comments even worse :disapointed2se:

It is called saying what you think not what you are supposed to think.

We may go down as we lost Tomlin? Hmmmm. He didn't play for vast amounts of last season and when he did he looked like he had ahem, his 'mind elsewhere' meaning we played without him or tantamount to playing with ten men.

tammy going yes, that's a big blow, fingers crossed the new guy is another kodja or, fingers crossed even tighter, a new Tammy

20 minutes ago, MarkRed! said:

The Championship is a tough division so I dont think you can say who are the favourites to go down. Last year, some pundits predicted Huddersfield would struggle and look what happened. I think we are better side than last season suggests. There were periods where we were very good. That appalling run cost us and led to a loss of faith in the manager (I wanted him out). But for me, a new season brings a clean slate for all.

I can see Millwall, Burton, Sheff Utd, Ipswich, Wolves, QPR, Bolton all struggling. My teams to go down would be Bolton, Burton and Ipswich. I can see us finishing in mid-table and we might flirt with the playoffs. I dont think the division is particularly strong this season so you never know. I think the key will be our away form, which was not too good mid season. If we can improve this, we will be fine.  I think we have some good players on our books and we might just get the chance to see them blossom. I am optimistic.  

I dont think we will miss Abraham (controversial). Did wonders for us yes, but I think his goals can be replaced. He did not really create many chances for others and his hold up play was adequate. If I had a choice between Kodjia and Abraham, Kodjia wins hands down because he could play up top on his own and had the pace, power and skill at his disposal. Thus, the new fella may be the answer with cameos from Đurić, Taylor and Engvall.  The latter is a goal scorer and perhaps he will be given his chance. He was not fit last season so we almost have a new player in our midst. 

Tomlin was useless and we wont miss him. He is a spent force IMO, which is why he has never made it. On paper too good for the division but the game aint played on paper.....

There has to be 7 teams below us to even match last season, I think at least 3/4 of those teams you mention, Ipswich, Wolves (spent loads) Qpr and possibly Sheff Utd (strong at home) even Millwall will be a tough nuts to crack.....(they are no Manor Farm/Chelt/Yeovil) its going to be very tough even if the newbies come up to hopes....going to the wire imo unless :shutup:

16 hours ago, Alan Dicks said:

I would be surprised if we stayed up this season.

No lessons learned from the past, crap manager, no investment in the squad, doesnt look too good from where im standing

We bought a striker for 5 million :facepalm:

I'm not surprised. On the face of it, we've regressed, even though we've invested in some key areas.

With that being said, the club have a vision, and they want to commit to it. That's not obvious to people looking in on the outside because they're not familiar with the clubs internal aims. We signed a lot of young talent over the past year or two with the aim of being able to build a solid academy that we can draw young talent from.

It's a good approach to go with, but it's also a dangerous one to place in the hands of an inexperienced manager with no history of promoting young talent.

It really only goes one of two ways. These players do well enough to fill the gaps we had in the squad last season, and we build from it. This is the best option, because it means the system works, and the club will be willing to invest more in a strong academy to feed into the first-team.

Worst case, our youngsters aren't capable at this level, and we introduce a lot of young, impressionable players to failure. This would be catastrophic for the club, and you'd imagine that LJ and Ashton would lose their jobs. It would be a public shaming of their long-term strategy, and serious questions would be raised of Lansdown, possibly even fiercer than they were when SOD was sacked, and when LJ was nearly sacked.

7 hours ago, Oops said:

Whopper? Never heard that one before. Thought that was a burger.

It has nothing to do with I told you so, I'd love nothing more than City to be successful in this league. It's supporters/customers like you that Lansdown loves because you're happy to bend over and take whatever comes without complaining. Difference between me and you is I don't beat around the bush, and I give an honest assessment on what I see, and where we finish. At this moment in time, the squad is weaker than it was at the end of the season, and that is saying something. And no BS comment like "oh, but the window shuts end of August". So are the first 15 points up for grabs just a warm up then? Which could end up being the decider on survival and relegation. The point is (pardon the pun) EVERY point counts.

Our league position last two seasons suggests we haven't got a very strong Championship quality squad. That is not an opinion, that is pure fact. Give it another month or two this forum will most likely go into meltdown. Personal insults will head Johnsons way (which I find disgusting, and never once did I make such a comment dis-respecting the man). One player will be a scapegoat, people will have a pop at Mark Ashton and Lansdown etc. People on this forum are sheep, and will change their views once told to do so. Lansdown will get aggro, he will come out and make a statement. People will then turn around and say "oh, actually we are very lucky to have Lansdown".

You'll see in time I am right, we won't survive this season with LJ in charge, mark my words. The Johnson family is poison to this club.

41 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

It has nothing to do with I told you so, I'd love nothing more than City to be successful in this league. It's supporters/customers like you that Lansdown loves because you're happy to bend over and take whatever comes without complaining. Difference between me and you is I don't beat around the bush, and I give an honest assessment on what I see, and where we finish. At this moment in time, the squad is weaker than it was at the end of the season, and that is saying something. And no BS comment like "oh, but the window shuts end of August". So are the first 15 points up for grabs just a warm up then? Which could end up being the decider on survival and relegation. The point is (pardon the pun) EVERY point counts.

Our league position last two seasons suggests we haven't got a very strong Championship quality squad. That is not an opinion, that is pure fact. Give it another month or two this forum will most likely go into meltdown. Personal insults will head Johnsons way (which I find disgusting, and never once did I make such a comment dis-respecting the man). One player will be a scapegoat, people will have a pop at Mark Ashton and Lansdown etc. People on this forum are sheep, and will change their views once told to do so. Lansdown will get aggro, he will come out and make a statement. People will then turn around and say "oh, actually we are very lucky to have Lansdown".

You'll see in time I am right, we won't survive this season with LJ in charge, mark my words. The Johnson family is poison to this club.

What a bizarre post. You've never agreed with personal insults towards L J but conclude "The Johnson family is poison to this club". In what world is that not an insult?

"People on this forum are sheep" - thanks, so you don't mind insulting the rest of us either.  I agree they change their minds often, but in line with results, not when they are "told to do so".

23 hours ago, RumRed said:

I agree and he could well be a star but pundits aren't going to cream themselves over BCFC buying a 5 mill striker, they will see it as a weakening of the team rather than anything else.

Absolutely. I can completely see why pundits are tipping us to go down. I'm not massively worried about that though. Pundits often predict the championship wrongly and I think we're a better team than we're given credit for. We still need two or three players in key areas but, as long as we get those players in, I am confident we will be fine. 

11 minutes ago, Leveller said:

What a bizarre post. You've never agreed with personal insults towards L J but conclude "The Johnson family is poison to this club". In what world is that not an insult?

"People on this forum are sheep" - thanks, so you don't mind insulting the rest of us either.  I agree they change their minds often, but in line with results, not when they are "told to do so".

I wouldn't call that an insult. However, terms like angry dwarf, short pr** etc were bang out of order last season.

I apologise, some posters are fantastic. However, most do change their mind very often, until someone from the club comes out to speak.

56 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

Don't be so pompous and condescending, You sound foolish. :facepalm:

I've got a hunch that you provide most of your 'support' for City through this forum and the comments section of the match reports in the Bristol Post...

And I'd be very careful when starting a sentence with the words 'The difference between me and you...'

Because thankfully you don't know me, which is my good fortune and your good luck :thumbsup:

22 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

I wouldn't call that an insult. However, terms like angry dwarf, short pr** etc were bang out of order last season.

I apologise, some posters are fantastic. However, most do change their mind very often, until someone from the club comes out to speak.

OK fine. You won't mind if I say you're poison to this forum then!

On 25/07/2017 at 17:38, Alwaystomorrow said:

Not surprised in the least. For you fans expecting anything other than a season of struggle- stop kidding yourself.

There may be  3 sides worse than us, but that is the best we can hope for.

A disappointing close season so far.

goals will be hard to come by and a defence that can't keep clean sheets- get depressed thinking about it and we haven't kicked off yet.

Lansdown won't get rid of LJ. Christ, now I am even more depressed.

have said from day 1 LJ is a bullshitter who started to believe his own press when we made a good start last year. Some of the comments he made to show how clever he was were proven to be ridiculous by the end of the season.

first game of season a six pointer! Could count at the end of the season.

On 25/07/2017 at 17:38, Alwaystomorrow said:

Not surprised in the least. For you fans expecting anything other than a season of struggle- stop kidding yourself.

There may be  3 sides worse than us, but that is the best we can hope for.

A disappointing close season so far.

goals will be hard to come by and a defence that can't keep clean sheets- get depressed thinking about it and we haven't kicked off yet.

Lansdown won't get rid of LJ. Christ, now I am even more depressed.

have said from day 1 LJ is a bullshitter who started to believe his own press when we made a good start last year. Some of the comments he made to show how clever he was were proven to be ridiculous by the end of the season.

first game of season a six pointer! Could count at the end of the season.

yes totally agree if bullshit was money we would be loaded talks just like his old man cockney spin Doctor hes full of shit time will tell lets hope lansdown dont wait to long an gives us some hope of staying up again this year

3 hours ago, Red_Wizard said:

spot on

So the season where Leicester won the Premiership, wasn't it predicted that they would go down?

I believe it was predicted that City would go down last season if Johnson didn't leave.

Predictions are just opinions and like .... holes, evenyone's got one.

Some interesting comments. **** it I'll keep my money in my pocket. 

Sigh!

i was as vocal as it gets regarding LJ not being the guy. However he is in the chair until further notice so hopefully he can prove me wrong. As well as young Bobby being our new midfield goal machine, Engval scoring goals and the new blokes being the finds of the century. Not forgetting all the lads in the u23 squad being newly awesome. 

New season coming and not before time. 

There will obviously be some exceptions to this list, as unexpected teams often over perform, however there are also often "better" teams that under perform and may replace/add to them, but in my opinion, we are in the mini league of the following teams and I'd expect us to finish high enough out of them to comfortably avoid relegation. 

Burton, Bolton, Barnsley, Preston, Ipswich, QPR, Sheff Utd, Nottingham Forest, Millwall. 

Finish above that lot and we'd be in a respectable mid table position. 

I think we COULD be in trouble.....

We don't have a proven scorer at this level up front.

We don't have a proven creative midfielder at this level.

We are a side that has good hard working players.....we are going to be heavily reliant on Paterson  Reid to create.

Unconvinced my the new striker....based on what I've HEARD from people whose opinion I value.

We are short at the moment....

5 minutes ago, Londoner said:

I think we COULD be in trouble.....

Maybe, not expecting as much as previous seasons. Kind of hoping we will do higher than my previous expectations.

5 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Unconvinced my the new striker....based on what I've HEARD from people whose opinion I value.

We are short at the moment....

Fam does not excite me like securing Kodjia & Tammy did, I'm not forwarding his name to look out for with other supporters like I have done in the past two seasons.

We are not short, we are too young / unproven.

25 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

There will obviously be some exceptions to this list, as unexpected teams often over perform, however there are also often "better" teams that under perform and may replace/add to them, but in my opinion, we are in the mini league of the following teams and I'd expect us to finish high enough out of them to comfortably avoid relegation. 

Burton, Bolton, Barnsley, Preston, Ipswich, QPR, Sheff Utd, Nottingham Forest, Millwall. 

Finish above that lot and we'd be in a respectable mid table position. 

Agree pretty much with that list.  I would be disappointed if we didn't finish higher than at least 2 of the 3 promoted clubs, if not all 3, but there's always one that exceeds expectations.  I think Bolton and Millwall will be the 2, and think Sheffield Utd might be the surprise.

I wonder if Barnsley can continue to unearth gems. Roberts will be a big loss.

On 7/25/2017 at 19:11, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

When you're signing past it OAPs like John Terry and Glenn Whelan it's a negative. When you've invested in the England u19 captain and Ireland's most promising youngster it's a positive.

When you're signing players like JT and Glenn Whelan you know that you have gain promotion within the next 1/2 seasons because those players will not be the force there are now and their effectiveness will deteriorate and then the parachute payments start to run out and are then down with dead men in the championship and realising just how tough a division it really is.

When you sign the England U19 Captain and Ireland's most promising youngster you don't have to gain promotion within a couple of season's, because they remain affordable and will improve over time and give the club an ever increasing chance of improving and competing at the top end of the table and without endangering the club's financial stability. 

Archived