IGNORED

We are predicted to get relegated by 4 pundits on FLW

Redminster

1 hour ago, downendcity said:

When you're signing players like JT and Glenn Whelan you know that you have gain promotion within the next 1/2 seasons because those players will not be the force there are now and their effectiveness will deteriorate and then the parachute payments start to run out and are then down with dead men in the championship and realising just how tough a division it really is.

When you sign the England U19 Captain and Ireland's most promising youngster you don't have to gain promotion within a couple of season's, because they remain affordable and will improve over time and give the club an ever increasing chance of improving and competing at the top end of the table and without endangering the club's financial stability. 

Taylor Moore won't make it at this level. 

7 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

There will obviously be some exceptions to this list, as unexpected teams often over perform, however there are also often "better" teams that under perform and may replace/add to them, but in my opinion, we are in the mini league of the following teams and I'd expect us to finish high enough out of them to comfortably avoid relegation. 

Burton, Bolton, Barnsley, Preston, Ipswich, QPR, Sheff Utd, Nottingham Forest, Millwall. 

Finish above that lot and we'd be in a respectable mid table position. 

Possibly the first 2 and I wouldn't bet my house on that, Preston twated us last season and the rest of that "lot" will be all tough games. We are going to have to finish above 7 teams to even match last seasons efforts.

What reason do fans think we will improve and others will get worse apart from hope? Seems like we are to go with a very unproven forward line who will have to face tough championship defences.

Have we forgotten that we only scrapped survival by 3pts last season with a more exp side and LJ has brought in countless players at great cost with little to nothing to show in return apart from a record breaking poor run.

Dont Think we are going down. 24 teams, dont Think we are worse than many of them. Burton, Barnsley, QPR, Ipswich, Forest, Millwall, S.U. Preston, Birmingham, Bolton etc. Last season the defence worked at the end when we avoid relegation, thats the key, defence. Italian guy, Bryan getting better as lb. Wright, Flint, Hörður, Moore. Tomlin gone, hell of a player, but Think we are more a team without him. Think its look interesting and I predict midtable. Coyr!!!

9 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

There will obviously be some exceptions to this list, as unexpected teams often over perform, however there are also often "better" teams that under perform and may replace/add to them, but in my opinion, we are in the mini league of the following teams and I'd expect us to finish high enough out of them to comfortably avoid relegation. 

Burton, Bolton, Barnsley, Preston, Ipswich, QPR, Sheff Utd, Nottingham Forest, Millwall. 

Finish above that lot and we'd be in a respectable mid table position. 

Some big teams in there.  Burton surprised everyone last season but I'd expect us to finish above them this season. The rest of the clubs quoted will have the same expectations as us if not greater this season (Forest, Sheffield United).  Preston were clearly a better team than us last season. I also don't get why everyone thinks Millwall and Bolton will be poor this season. Feel one of them at least could surprise, Bolton especially seem to have re-grouped well and Parkinson is a good manager imho. QPR, Barnsley and Ipswich are pretty 'meh' teams that we should be taking at least 50% of the spoils from, but they'll be thinking the same about us  

Going to be the usual rollercoaster I reckon.  Cant wait! 

Just now, lenred said:

Some big teams in there.  Burton surprised everyone last season but I'd expect us to finish above them this season. The rest of the clubs quoted will have the same expectations as us if not greater this season (Forest, Sheffield United).  Preston were clearly a better team than us last season. I also don't get why everyone thinks Millwall and Bolton will be poor this season. Feel one of them at least could surprise, Bolton especially seem to have re-grouped well and Parkinson is a good manager imho. QPR, Barnsley and Ipswich are pretty 'meh' teams that we should be taking at least 50% of the spoils from, but they'll be thinking the same about us  

Going to be the usual rollercoaster I reckon.  Cant wait! 

All very true, no doubt that there will be some surprise teams. Some doing better, some doing worse than expected. 

I think Preston will really suffer from losing Grayson, who was a real example of the "right fit" for their club. 

The beauty of the Championship is that it's impossible to predict! Bring it on! 

2 hours ago, glos old boy said:

Possibly the first 2 and I wouldn't bet my house on that, Preston twated us last season and the rest of that "lot" will be all tough games. We are going to have to finish above 7 teams to even match last seasons efforts.

What reason do fans think we will improve and others will get worse apart from hope? Seems like we are to go with a very unproven forward line who will have to face tough championship defences.

Have we forgotten that we only scrapped survival by 3pts last season with a more exp side and LJ has brought in countless players at great cost with little to nothing to show in return apart from a record breaking poor run.

You are an eternal pessimist though. One who rejoiced in the fact of not going as often as possible. 

What puts you in a better position to judge..?

All will be seen over the coming 9/10 months. 

I'm just glad that I can watch it all unfold with interest, rather than staying away, continuing to harp on about the bad part of last season, which incedentily, we recovered from and turned around. 

5 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

All very true, no doubt that there will be some surprise teams. Some doing better, some doing worse than expected. 

I think Preston will really suffer from losing Grayson, who was a real example of the "right fit" for their club. 

The beauty of the Championship is that it's impossible to predict! Bring it on! 

Yep, you're quite right Grayson going will surely have an effect. Be interesting to see what happens with them as a result. I had a sneaky suspicion that Sunderland would be bottom half this season, if not flirting with relegation, but Grayson going there has put that to bed I think. 

15 hours ago, Red_Wizard said:

People on this forum are sheep, and will change their views once told to do so. Lansdown will get aggro, he will come out and make a statement. People will then turn around and say "oh, actually we are very lucky to have Lansdown".

You'll see in time I am right, we won't survive this season with LJ in charge, mark my words. The Johnson family is poison to this club.

May I be the first to congratulate you on this post- the literary equivalent of snorting arsenic.

10 hours ago, Londoner said:

I think we COULD be in trouble.....

We don't have a proven scorer at this level up front. The only proven championship goalscorer we had last year left us before the end of August having not actually scored that season. We ended up with the highest scoring teenager in the divisions history.

We don't have a proven creative midfielder at this level.  We had one of those and we were better without him in the team... In fact it we hit playoff form without him!

We are a side that has good hard working players.....we are going to be heavily reliant on Paterson  Reid to create. Paterson was the most in form player in the division towards the end of last season in a team in play off form. If he can carry that on...

Also there is nothing wrong with an organised hard working team. Look at Huddersfield.

Unconvinced my the new striker....based on what I've HEARD from people whose opinion I value. Haven't seen him either. But I remember hearing that Kodjia was rubbish when he first arrived.

We are short at the moment....

Funny thing is... despite all the above... I actually agree we COULD be in trouble.

I don't know why but I just have a bad feeling about the up and coming season- which is very unlike me and my normal positive/rose tinted outlook on everything city. 

16 hours ago, Red_Wizard said:

Whopper? Never heard that one before. Thought that was a burger.

It has nothing to do with I told you so, I'd love nothing more than City to be successful in this league. It's supporters/customers like you that Lansdown loves because you're happy to bend over and take whatever comes without complaining. Difference between me and you is I don't beat around the bush, and I give an honest assessment on what I see, and where we finish. At this moment in time, the squad is weaker than it was at the end of the season, and that is saying something. And no BS comment like "oh, but the window shuts end of August". So are the first 15 points up for grabs just a warm up then? Which could end up being the decider on survival and relegation. The point is (pardon the pun) EVERY point counts.

Our league position last two seasons suggests we haven't got a very strong Championship quality squad. That is not an opinion, that is pure fact. Give it another month or two this forum will most likely go into meltdown. Personal insults will head Johnsons way (which I find disgusting, and never once did I make such a comment dis-respecting the man). One player will be a scapegoat, people will have a pop at Mark Ashton and Lansdown etc. People on this forum are sheep, and will change their views once told to do so. Lansdown will get aggro, he will come out and make a statement. People will then turn around and say "oh, actually we are very lucky to have Lansdown".

You'll see in time I am right, we won't survive this season with LJ in charge, mark my words. The Johnson family is poison to this club.

You are entitled to your opinion, although I must state I think it's a crock of shite, however....

If you truly believe that we are doomed this season under LJ, I'm sure you will be big enough to come back on here, retract your comments and make a full & frank apology, IF we do not get relegated. 

God forbid we have a good season..! I'm sure that would really piss you off! 

1 hour ago, cider-manc said:

Funny thing is... despite all the above... I actually agree we COULD be in trouble.

I don't know why but I just have a bad feeling about the up and coming season- which is very unlike me and my normal positive/rose tinted outlook on everything city. 

Well, if you've had that positive feeling the past two seasons then it could be a good thing that you're feeling the opposite this year!  :pray:

On 25/07/2017 at 20:37, 'keepuplino' said:

Lets not beat around the bush with all this, bringing 2 players in to replace the greater numbers that have left after the shower of shit served up last season is truly ####### shocking ...

Mark Ashton even had the ******* audacity to add a write up that came with my season tickets telling us that last season was a success and we've made great strides.. 

I think its very clear.... We're a club thats treading water at best!!! 

I agree.

People being dismissive of those predictions. Why?

We brought in two players. Lost more. Including one of the hottest young English players.

We were dog turd for vast amounts of last season and still have the same inexperienced (and based on last season) poor manager.

As it stands I certainly see us as one of the faves for the drop. Hope I'm wrong.

18 hours ago, Red_Wizard said:

I wouldn't call that an insult. However, terms like angry dwarf, short pr** etc were bang out of order last season.

I apologise, some posters are fantastic. However, most do change their mind very often, until someone from the club comes out to speak.

I agree with this part of your statement 100%

18 hours ago, Red_Wizard said:

I wouldn't call that an insult. However, terms like angry dwarf, short pr** etc were bang out of order last season.

I apologise, some posters are fantastic. However, most do change their mind very often, until someone from the club comes out to speak.

I  disagree with this part of your statement 100%

4 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

You are an eternal pessimist though. One who rejoiced in the fact of not going as often as possible. 

What puts you in a better position to judge..?

All will be seen over the coming 9/10 months. 

I'm just glad that I can watch it all unfold with interest, rather than staying away, continuing to harp on about the bad part of last season, which incedentily, we recovered from and turned around. 

Oh I shall be following every second of every game I can, from those there, text reports and tv coverage, Mr super fan, I never said I was in a "better position to judge" but I will continue giving my opinions though, sorry if that pee`s you off............not.

Shall we try that top half bottom half finish bet again? you know the one where the loser never posts on here again ?

5 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

Oh I shall be following every second of every game I can, from those there, text reports and tv coverage, Mr super fan, I never said I was in a "better position to judge" but I will continue giving my opinions though, sorry if that pee`s you off............not.

Shall we try that top half bottom half finish bet again? you know the one where the loser never posts on here again ?

Top half/bottom half..? That's an odd suggestion when we've both given reason for bottom half, albeit mine being higher than yours. 

Your points suggest that you expect us to get relegated "can't see more than 2 sides finishing below us"

I'll take that bet with you, that we won't be relegated. 

Not for the right to post on here, that's pointless. A case of Thatchers Gold perhaps..?

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Top half/bottom half..? That's an odd suggestion when we've both given reason for bottom half, albeit mine being higher than yours. 

Your points suggest that you expect us to get relegated "can't see more than 2 sides finishing below us"

I'll take that bet with you, that we won't be relegated. 

Not for the right to post on here, that's pointless. A case of Thatchers Gold perhaps..?

Nah you are alright mate, chronic obstructive lung disease means I gave up smoking and drinking 2yrs ago, prob why I`m a miserable sod ;)

With the current(as it stands)squad we will indeed struggle, another relegation battle awaits to diminish Johnson 'stock still further....will SL crack and pull the trigger??....I don't think so.

Would take 19th right now as it could well be more than our play provides..

46 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

Nah you are alright mate, chronic obstructive lung disease means I gave up smoking and drinking 2yrs ago, prob why I`m a miserable sod ;)

Sorry to hear that. It wouldn't matter anyway though. It would be you buying the cider..! :fingerscrossed:

Archived