IGNORED

"But where are the goals gonna come from?"

Ian M

Sure Tammy scored plenty of goals for us last season but how many were down to his individual brilliance? I can think of one that probably only Tammy could have scored. The others were created by the rest of team. Of course he was frequently in the right place at the right time which is an ability that all  goalscorers have but getting the ball into the right areas is down to the team.

My point is that City will create chances and we have strikers to fill the void. Taylor had that "knack" at the gas. It seems as if Reid  is also developing that knack and as yet we don't know if Famara has the same ability. 

Unlike some others I'm not concerned about where the goals will come from. City will create chances and I'm sure. I'm more concerned about keeping the opposition out of our net.

Just now, Robbored said:

Sure Tammy scored plenty of goals for us last season but how many were down to his individual brilliance? I can think of one that probably only Tammy could have scored. The others were created by the rest of team. Of course he was frequently in the right place at the right time which is an ability that all  goalscorers have but getting the ball into the right areas is down to the team.

My point is that City will create chances and we have strikers to fill the void. Taylor had that "knack" at the gas. It seems as if Reid  is also developing that knack and as yet we don't know if Famara has the same ability. 

Unlike some others I'm not concerned about where the goals will come from. City will create chances and I'm sure. I'm more concerned about keeping the opposition out of our net.

Amazing - I actually completely agree with something you've posted.

I think though that Tammy had a particularly excellent ability of being in the right place at the right time which probably gave him an extra 6/7 goals that most strikers wouldn't have got. He's got long limbs too which allowed him to get a foot to balls that >6ft Taylor/Reid might not.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

With you on that. I think sometimes having a key player scoring a lot of goals means players look to him to take responsibility. The lack of TA and Tomlin means the whole team need to step up to the plate. I don't think anyone is going to get to Abraham or Kodjia levels but I think more goals will be shared around the team.

Besides, let's not forget that, in our most successful Championship season of recent years, we had no outstanding goal scorer and I would say - player for player - a weaker team. If LJ can build a unit that functions together - as he showed signs of doing in the last weeks of the season - then we will be fine.

Bobby Reid 10 goals???? Love the optimism but reality in regards to the quality opposition in this league will hit us very shortly.

he may well start against Barnsley but I genuinely feel that once Đurić or Taylor are fit bobby will again be a bit part player to our season.

4 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Bobby Reid 10 goals???? Love the optimism but reality in regards to the quality opposition in this league will hit us very shortly.

he may well start against Barnsley but I genuinely feel that once Đurić or Taylor are fit bobby will again be a bit part player to our season.

Nobody has a crystal ball MC. Reid will play a more attacking position for sure but whether that's as one of a front two or as a midfielder we dont know yet.

Like everyone I'd love to him reach double figures. He may but he may not.

30 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Nobody has a crystal ball MC. Reid will play a more attacking position for sure but whether that's as one of a front two or as a midfielder we dont know yet.

Like everyone I'd love to him reach double figures. He may but he may not.

To be fair to Young Bobby, he has always had the knack of getting in the position to score, but his composure has often let him down, but with a pre-season under his belt and the confidence that the goals he's got in those games, added to the fact that he will almost certainly get a run in the first few games, if he can score a couple in the first 4-5 games which is is very likely to play in then there is no reason that he can't continue in the number 10 role and score a good tally of goals.

Like others i'm not overly concerned on our goal scoring front, we make a lot of chances, its the other end that is concerning, hopefully Pisano will shore up the right side a bit and there were encouraging signs towards the end of last season definsively.

Archived