IGNORED

Neymar close to fulfilling his dream

Major Isewater

On ‎02‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 10:08, Septic Peg said:

Nah. Palace...

Have never seen that before; absolutely brilliant. He's rather inarticulate isn't he, Ian. Was like a rabbit in the headlights first call.

24 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Have never seen that before; absolutely brilliant. He's rather inarticulate isn't he, Ian. Was like a rabbit in the headlights first call.

Every time its posted, there is always someone whom has never seen it and I love hearing their reactions. 

It's an absolute gem and the sole reason Holloway got a load of 'Neymar' shouts from the Lansdown when QPR came... business as usual again this year I'm sure...

34 minutes ago, hodge said:

Basically La Liga are butthurt that Neymar is leaving the league. 

Yes true.

If somehow they can block it though, then it would change things. It will surely still go through though...La Liga buyout clauses work thus:

• The money must be deposited with La Liga
  • Then transferred to the player
  • Who then buys himself out of his contract with this clause.

However, if La Liga block it and Barcelona don't play ball then...

@Portland Bill This is very true,. Bet Emirates and co have some partnership/sponsorship with UEFA too. However, UEFA are absolutely probing this deal.

All PSG have to do is comply with UEFA's FFP regulations when the time comes around not right now, they could be breaking them after signing Neymar but as long as they sold players/made enough money to pass FFP when required then its fine, La Liga have no grounding for this. 

I wonder if any bookies would take a bet that Neymar would still be there come end of summer.

Would be quite willing to stick a tenner or so on that scenario.

LA Liga are on shaky ground for sure but who is going to make them comply?

Could it not take a lengthy legal or at least PSG v Barcelona and La Liga with FIFA adjudicating?

41 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I wonder if any bookies would take a bet that Neymar would still be there come end of summer.

Would be quite willing to stick a tenner or so on that scenario.

LA Liga are on shaky ground for sure but who is going to make them comply?

Could it not take a lengthy legal or at least PSG v Barcelona and La Liga with FIFA adjudicating?

I reckon you could find better places to put that tenner :)

If La Liga baselessly refuse to enable the transfer to go through then they could be open to a claim from PSG, Neymar, Neymar's representatives etc. I'm sure this is a publicity stunt and not much more. Seems to me to be fronting up to UEFA now to ensure they investigate PSG for FFP breaches.

I expect either La Liga will climb down once they are satisfied they have enough publicity, some dodgy deal happens, or Barca and PSG agree to a conventional transfer for the same amount rather than simply by invoking the buy out clause.

31 minutes ago, 29AR said:

I reckon you could find better places to put that tenner :)

If La Liga baselessly refuse to enable the transfer to go through then they could be open to a claim from PSG, Neymar, Neymar's representatives etc. I'm sure this is a publicity stunt and not much more. Seems to me to be fronting up to UEFA now to ensure they investigate PSG for FFP breaches.

I expect either La Liga will climb down once they are satisfied they have enough publicity, some dodgy deal happens, or Barca and PSG agree to a conventional transfer for the same amount rather than simply by invoking the buy out clause.

Possibly...but I don't bet often so I may enquire at bookies enroute home. :P

They certainly could and I''m not saying it would be delayed or kyboshed verbatim but that it couldn't be solved in 28 days, if they decided to play dirty and it went to a court/FIFA. In that scenario, I could see it happening in January say.

This is probably correct- and the bit about using it to get UEFA to investigate FFP breaches.

On 8/2/2017 at 10:14, Welcome To The Jungle said:

If it wasn't so addictive I'd give up on football right now. £198 million! 

Dear FIFA, UEFA, Football Club Owners, SKY, BT and countless others. **** OFF 

Just thinking the same....I really hope one day I can say, that's I just don't care anymore.

All this saga has done is show how much of a farce FFP is. I can see why La Liga would be annoyed, because the Neymar transfer is technically a free transfer, with Qatar giving Neymar the money to end his contract, along with additional payment to promote the World Cup. It's essentially third-party ownership via a football club.

The reason La Liga are really pissed off is because they refuse to believe that PSG have a higher commercial income than Barcelona and Real Madrid. On the outside that would seem weird, but ultimately it doesn't matter where the money comes from, as long as it's going through the club. In theory, Lansdown could buy £300m worth of Bristol City shirts for himself and bankroll a galactico-style team to destroy the Championship, and compete near the top of the Premier League in five years time.

36 minutes ago, EnderMB said:

All this saga has done is show how much of a farce FFP is. I can see why La Liga would be annoyed, because the Neymar transfer is technically a free transfer, with Qatar giving Neymar the money to end his contract, along with additional payment to promote the World Cup. It's essentially third-party ownership via a football club.

The reason La Liga are really pissed off is because they refuse to believe that PSG have a higher commercial income than Barcelona and Real Madrid. On the outside that would seem weird, but ultimately it doesn't matter where the money comes from, as long as it's going through the club. In theory, Lansdown could buy £300m worth of Bristol City shirts for himself and bankroll a galactico-style team to destroy the Championship, and compete near the top of the Premier League in five years time.

Would he buy yellow goalkeeper socks as well ? 

42 minutes ago, EnderMB said:

Yeah but that would rely on us actually being able to produce £300m worth of Bristol City shirts.... We struggle to not put Oxford logos in now.

10 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Would he buy yellow goalkeeper socks as well ? 

All depends on how well Fielding does this season. You'd have to be a fool to buy £100m of socks for a failing keeper, whereas if we're flying high in the league he can spend away. Wouldn't want to make too much of a mockery of FFP, would we?

2 minutes ago, hodge said:

Yeah but that would rely on us actually being able to produce £300m worth of Bristol City shirts.... We struggle to not put Oxford logos in now.

Unless it was intentional, and our plan all along was to undercut Oxford United and rake it in on shirt sales.

Lansdown showing his business chops!

Here's the thing- UEFA aren't stupid.

PSG doing this through Qatar is so obviously a workaround and a breach of rules. The Lansdown shirts theory would likewise be the same.

How it's dealt with imo...It would be down to whether UEFA have the balls to make a real line in the sand over this transfer. That is indeed if it fully breaches FFP as I read that PSG in 15-16 had a turnover of 521m euros!? Surely some mistake there!

An interesting scenario...this drags on say another fortnight. PSG then must raise 110m euros in transfer fees I think it is in a fortnight...they fall short. That's 2nd breach FFP- UEFA CL ban.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Here's the thing- UEFA aren't stupid.

PSG doing this through Qatar is so obviously a workaround and a breach of rules. The Lansdown theory would likewise be the same.

How it's dealt with imo...It would be down to whether UEFA have the balls to make a real line in the sand over this transfer. That is indeed if it fully breaches FFP as I read that PSG in 15-16 had a turnover of 521m euros!? Surely some mistake there!

Not really, if PSG's owners pump in money through sponsorship its just like Utd's shirt sponsorship and Man City's ground sponsorship etc. 

3 minutes ago, hodge said:

Not really, if PSG's owners pump in money through sponsorship its just like Utd's shirt sponsorship and Man City's ground sponsorship etc. 

PSG already fell foul of it in 2014.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/paris-st-germain/10724107/PSG-in-danger-of-being-in-breach-of-Uefas-FFP-regulations-over-sponsorship-deal-with-Qatar-Tourism-Authority.html

And lo.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/27243933

I reiterate in theory, if rules are followed to the letter, then PSG could be in some difficulty.

On 02/08/2017 at 10:01, Major Isewater said:

Young Neymar is apparently off to Paris St Germain , the club he dreamed of playing for whilst a kid in Brazil.

He explained that when they came calling it was a no brainer and He welcomed the opportunity to advance in his career citing the desire to win things as the reason he's leaving Barcelona.

Good luck Neymar, I'm sure we're all saying .

Major. You are still my favourite poster on this site. Another simple but brilliant post. I thank you!

A split of who received what from his initial transfer to Barcelona makes interesting reading!!!!!

(from BBC)

When Neymar joined Barcelona in June 2013, the club said they paid a total of £48.6m.

But after Barca refused to offer more details, an investigation was started by the Spanish prosecutor into whether the club had defrauded the treasury of unpaid tax.

The president Sandro Rosell, who personally oversaw the pursuit of Neymar, eventually resigned - though he said it was for personal reasons - and his successor, Josep Maria Bartomeu, revealed the true cost of the deal was actually £71.5m.

Neymar's father got £33m fee, plus £2m in "agent fees"

Santos got £14m, plus £6m by giving Barca an option on future Santos players

The player got an £8m signing-on fee, plus £9m a year in wages over five years

Neymar's charitable foundation in Brazil also received £2m

On 02/08/2017 at 10:01, Major Isewater said:

Young Neymar is apparently off to Paris St Germain , the club he dreamed of playing for whilst a kid in Brazil.

He explained that when they came calling it was a no brainer and He welcomed the opportunity to advance in his career citing the desire to win things as the reason he's leaving Barcelona.

Good luck Neymar, I'm sure we're all saying .

Everyone dreamt of playing for PSG years ago don't you know. 

(nothing to do with the money) :whistle:

38 minutes ago, eastonboy said:

A split of who received what from his initial transfer to Barcelona makes interesting reading!!!!!

(from BBC)

When Neymar joined Barcelona in June 2013, the club said they paid a total of £48.6m.

But after Barca refused to offer more details, an investigation was started by the Spanish prosecutor into whether the club had defrauded the treasury of unpaid tax.

The president Sandro Rosell, who personally oversaw the pursuit of Neymar, eventually resigned - though he said it was for personal reasons - and his successor, Josep Maria Bartomeu, revealed the true cost of the deal was actually £71.5m.

Neymar's father got £33m fee, plus £2m in "agent fees"

Santos got £14m, plus £6m by giving Barca an option on future Santos players

The player got an £8m signing-on fee, plus £9m a year in wages over five years

Neymar's charitable foundation in Brazil also received £2m

Neymar's Dad is worth £1m less than Salah , who has just joined Liverpool.

12 hours ago, Judda said:

Major. You are still my favourite poster on this site. Another simple but brilliant post. I thank you!

Don't. just don't - he will be incorrigible now!

P.S. He is pretty good though.

:yes:

Archived