IGNORED

Don't you think the forum is ...

Doherty's Boy

26 minutes ago, robinreliant said:

We go back a long way buddy ;)

How long!?

19 minutes ago, robinreliant said:

Lou Peters Dive mean anything ? :whistle:

No! A poster on here, that much I remember, but the name and the act don't ring any bells? And more importantly, how do you know it's me when no one in Cam or Dursley calls me Woodsy!?

2 hours ago, Doherty's Boy said:

First time poster long time reader. 

I have to say that this forum if late has gotten quite yawnish. I understand people not growing to like Johnson but the end of the day is he kept us up with a hell of a run end of season and if we can keep that up and improve with the talentwe seem to have bought in we will improve on last season massively and make a good chance for top 10 at least. 

Why do a lot of people feel the need to try and pick holes where there could potentially be none in the up coming season.

Because peoole dont trust the johnson regime and he's got a bloody lot of work to do before some trust him again. 

We're in massive trouble yet a lot of people still think we will finish top half ... mental

Delusions of grandeur that are so misplaced it's laughable if it wasn't completely depressing. 

• Admin
29 minutes ago, galleyman said:

As a football fan if you can't be optimistic at the start of the season you'd be better off doing something else on a Saturday afternoon . We did finish well last season so give it a few weeks  before you start moaning !   

We'll see.....  I am far from convinced that we will be in anything other than a relegation struggle.

27 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Because peoole dont trust the johnson regime and he's got a bloody lot of work to do before some trust him again. 

We're in massive trouble yet a lot of people still think we will finish top half ... mental

Delusions of grandeur that are so misplaced it's laughable if it wasn't completely depressing. 

How can you say we are in massive trouble before the season starts?! The truth is nobody knows what is going to happen.

But objectively we have a record signing, a group of youngsters who are improving, some quality signings and overall a team who will have developed hugely since last year.

6 hours ago, Maesknoll Red said:

We'll see.....  I am far from convinced that we will be in anything other than a relegation struggle.

6 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

8 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

This sort of post is unnecessary. Those who are prepared to think for themselves and not stick to the blinkered view that no supporter should ever criticise our Head Coach, are fully aware that our present Head Coach is falling well short of the standard that is required to grow us into a club that is challenging at the top instead of floundering at the bottom.

Sadly, I'm coming to the realisation that this season will be another bumpy ride while he is still here.

By the way, I do want us to win every game but the reality may be a lot different.

All of the above but there is always hope I suppose........for a few games anyway. An arguably much better team last season went on a record breaking sh1te run and managed to hang on to safety by 3pts; I have heard/seen nothing from the club/manager that that is likely to improve us anytime soon.

If the likes of the above posts are "picking holes" not positive, etc then what`s the point of a forum? lets just let the club post all topics and replies with no-one allowed to question anything.

8 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

This forum - like all others - is based on user generated content.

Contribute or vanish. 

Post rather that read.

Reading through the thread I was going to get to the end and post exactly this. The forum is only as good as its content, and the content is made by its users that actually write stuff not sit on the sidelines and then join in to slate what other contributors write.  I'm looking forward to other posts now from long time lurkers, be brave you have a place here and if you don't like things say so and I'm sure you will soon have the type of thread that interests you.

4 minutes ago, RedM said:

Reading through the thread I was going to get to the end and post exactly this. The forum is only as good as its content, and the content is made by its users that actually write stuff not sit on the sidelines and then join in to slate what other contributors write.  I'm looking forward to other posts now from long time lurkers, be brave you have a place here and if you don't like things say so and I'm sure you will soon have the type of thread that interests you.

Well said RedM . Group hug anyone ?

6 hours ago, allyolly said:

How can you say we are in massive trouble before the season starts?! The truth is nobody knows what is going to happen.

But objectively we have a record signing, a group of youngsters who are improving, some quality signings and overall a team who will have developed hugely since last year.

We need to see whom in the next couple of weeks or so comes in player wise...(striker,right winger are priority.then a keeper)

As it stands though we are very much in a dogfight(again).

6 hours ago, allyolly said:

The truth is nobody does know, hence varied opinion.

Objectively, only the record signing you mention is fact.  The rest of it is your subjective opinion.

In terms of the optimis/pessimist scale, it is all relative.  I believe we will finish 18th which makes me a huge optimist in comparison to some!

7 hours ago, allyolly said:

and you think others have got worse or just maybe they have improved as well.....hey maybe even more than we MAY have?

1 hour ago, glos old boy said:

and you think others have got worse or just maybe they have improved as well.....hey maybe even more than we MAY have?

:grr: 

This has been explained to you in very simple terms before.

All players will continue to develop and will get better until a point in their careers. A few years after which players will start to decline in ability.

Development in players up to about 25-26, maybe a little younger, is when the rate is the highest- most improvement over time period.

As we have one of the younger squads I'll see if you can work out which end of the scale we are on.

9 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Where exactly are all these "lots of people" who think we will finish top half? I honestly can't remember seeing anyone predicting that, let alone lots.

I consider myself among the optimists, and I'd be delighted if we finished thirteenth. I'd keep LJ for the time being. Looking at the bigger picture, with a promotion followed by two seasons staying up, were making slow progress. It's not much, but it's those who think we should be entitled to be top half that seem deluded to me.

3 hours ago, glos old boy said:

All of the above but there is always hope I suppose........for a few games anyway. An arguably much better team last season went on a record breaking sh1te run and managed to hang on to safety by 3pts; I have heard/seen nothing from the club/manager that that is likely to improve us anytime soon.

Arguably a much better group of individuals went on a record breaking sh1te run.

Arguably a lesser group of individuals who played like a team (and for each other) had a good run when the pressure was on.

If the likes of the above posts are "picking holes" not positive, etc then what`s the point of a forum? lets just let the club post all topics and replies with no-one allowed to question anything.

Is not about being positive (or negative), it's about putting forward your view and your rationale for that view.

.....and the odd pun!

15 hours ago, Super said:

No agenda. I just dont think he is that good.

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

:grr: 

This has been explained to you in very simple terms before.

All players will continue to develop and will get better until a point in their careers. A few years after which players will start to decline in ability.

Development in players up to about 25-26, maybe a little younger, is when the rate is the highest- most improvement over time period.

As we have one of the younger squads I'll see if you can work out which end of the scale we are on.

Well are squad is 8th youngest but seeing as the difference between 8th and 15th is 6 month average does it really make that big a difference. Maybe the quality of coaching is more important ? We see constantly people lamenting how our young players do not seem to improve and often players coming here stagnate which suggest our coaching setup is average at best. Our head coach and 2 assistants have 8 years professional coaching between the 3 of them ( 2.3 years a piece). Brighton had the oldest Championship squad last year, if they had failed to get promotion I would suggest they still have one of the  better teams despite apparently being to old to progress much. 

Criticism of managers is part and parcel of football and LJ knows that. But it has to be rationally thought out and some on here seems to crticise just for the sake of it. City have decided to stick with him, so I choose to offer him my support while he's here  

Of course, despite last seasons worst run, LJ is nowhere near being our worst ever manager. Statistically speaking, he comes 15th or 12th of the 36 managers we've had in wins to games ratio dependent on whether you count our weird triumvirate as one or three. We could of course get rid of LJ and appoint our most successful manager of all time in wins to games ratio. That would be Keith Millen. Any takers?

11 hours ago, allyolly said:

And objectively we now have four strikers with 3 Championship goals between them in their career and the plan tomorrow apparently will be to play a midfielder in attack who has been in and out of the team for the last 6 years without ever establishing himself.

You're right, no-one knows but we're not all super optimists, either.

Just now, GrahamC said:

And objectively we now have four strikers with 3 Championship goals between them in their career and the plan tomorrow apparently will be to play a midfielder in attack who has been in and out of the team for the last 6 years without ever establishing himself.

You're right, no-one knows but we're not all super optimists, either.

so almost the same as last season then,

3 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Is this secret stalking by @robinreliant?

I'm intrigued, Pongo! Can't think of a City fan who drinks in there, but as I said, not been in there in a long time

Was always more of a rugby pub when I drank in there

Nice to know that someone remembers me though. Probably wants to be my friend again now I'm officially ITK :ph34r:

10 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

I'm intrigued, Pongo! Can't think of a City fan who drinks in there, but as I said, not been in there in a long time

Was always more of a rugby pub when I drank in there

Nice to know that someone remembers me though. Probably wants to be my friend again now I'm officially ITK :ph34r:

Doogle Horns

16 hours ago, Doherty's Boy said:

First time poster long time reader. 

I have to say that this forum if late has gotten quite yawnish. I understand people not growing to like Johnson but the end of the day is he kept us up with a hell of a run end of season and if we can keep that up and improve with the talentwe seem to have bought in we will improve on last season massively and make a good chance for top 10 at least. 

Why do a lot of people feel the need to try and pick holes where there could potentially be none in the up coming season.

I thought this post was going to say "Don't you think the forum is..........full of belters"

To which I would respond "yes".

Archived