IGNORED

New Supporters Club and Trust permanent bar

Dollymarie

3 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

It'll be inside the stadium. We wanted it moved from the back of the Atyeo given there will be away fans in that area from now on.  

Congrats on the move but horrified as to why this uber important item is being hidden away.

Too quickly forgotten as there would be no new SC & T room or shiny new stadium without them

The lack of recognition to them around the new stadium is an utter disgrace imho

Should take pride of place in players tunnel.

4 minutes ago, RaspberryRed said:

Congrats on the move but horrified as to why this uber important item is being hidden away.

Too quickly forgotten as there would be no new SC & T room or shiny new stadium without them

The lack of recognition to them around the new stadium is an utter disgrace imho

For what it's worth I personally agree that the AG8 plaque should be somewhere prominent. The weather has not been kind to it outside for all the years it's been up though, and we'd hate for it to be damaged any further. We need to contact the manufacturers as it is, to see if they can restore it to how it was when it was new. 

3 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

It would actually be nice if it was more than a tiny plaque to be perfectly honest with you. I'd say it's a more important part of our history than beating Liverpool away in the FA Cup  and that is somehow given a huge space in the SS to help us remember it. A great result no doubt about it but not necessarily worthy of such a lasting memorial. 

Thst space would be much better served with a huge mural of this as a reminder to everyone that there very nearly was no Bristol City. 

IMG_0569.JPG

We could also do with improving that godawful ending to the  'tore their contracts up so we could go on' song'.

'We're Bristol City, the City is ours' is a slight improvement on 'We're Bristol City, we're Championship' but only slight and the thing always seems to finish off like a damp squib.

16 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

For what it's worth I personally agree that the AG8 plaque should be somewhere prominent. The weather has not been kind to it outside for all the years it's been up though, and we'd hate for it to be damaged any further. We need to contact the manufacturers as it is, to see if they can restore it to how it was when it was new. 

5795bdab324f1_bcfc3.thumb.JPG.003a4519908e9d977680df1211f347a7.JPG

I agree 100% that it was now out of place behind the Atyeo. This is my pic from last Summer and hardly that damaged it needs hiding away in a private room.

If investigating condition/restoration why not place in storage rather than squirrel away to a private members room?

3 hours ago, phantom said:

Believe they mean the old area in the dolman stand, upstairs 

Yeah what's happening with that @Mkelly? The old supporters bar in the Dolman I mean?

I believe it was used as a mess room for the contractors on the build so is in a bit of a sorry state now but once tidied up, will the museum go there maybe?

4 hours ago, RaspberryRed said:

5795bdab324f1_bcfc3.thumb.JPG.003a4519908e9d977680df1211f347a7.JPG

I agree 100% that it was now out of place behind the Atyeo. This is my pic from last Summer and hardly that damaged it needs hiding away in a private room.

If investigating condition/restoration why not place in storage rather than squirrel away to a private members room?

Didn't Dolly say it was going to be with the old clock? That's in the South Stand concourse, not in a private room.

1 hour ago, richwwtk said:

Didn't Dolly say it was going to be with the old clock? That's in the South Stand concourse, not in a private room.

Exactly. The plan is to put it in the South Stand concourse, near the old Williams Clock. The information about the fact it needs some work doing to it came from the guys who took it down from its spot on the back of the Atyeo yesterday morning. 

Also, on the point about the "shiny new SC&T room," we have paid for that ourselves. Flooring, walls, furniture etc. 

Archived