IGNORED

Smoke

COACH2

34 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Well I'm glad the club have changed their stance from the preposterous idea of a 'lifetime ban'. Utterly absurd inordinate punishment.

Whilst I think smoke bombs look great (I even like the smell!) I can understand others don't and the draconian punishments make bringing them to the stadium simply not worth it.

There's a real gap in the market for a safe alternative.. a safe version that's as visually impressive and coordinated properly could be really good. There must be some budding chemists on OTIB that can devise a formula..

Ha! Fogg votes in favour of Smoke. Clear bias here!

1 hour ago, Cowshed said:

Without conviction NO offence has taken place.

Any football club can impose their own bans without civil/criminal proceedings (no offence). 

A magistrate may choose to imposed no restriction on an individual post court proceeding/conviction. The football club could then decide to ban the individual themselves for a period of their own discretion. Clubs often decide to ban individuals/extend exclusion arbitrarily.

Of course they have to be convicted ! That is stating the obvious!!

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Well I'm glad the club have changed their stance from the preposterous idea of a 'lifetime ban'. Utterly absurd inordinate punishment.

Whilst I think smoke bombs look great (I even like the smell!) I can understand others don't and the draconian punishments make bringing them to the stadium simply not worth it.

There's a real gap in the market for a safe alternative.. a safe version that's as visually impressive and coordinated properly could be really good. There must be some budding chemists on OTIB that can devise a formula..

I'm not sure the club ever held a stance of a lifetime ban.  Mark Kelly just said banned from the stadium and someone else took that to mean a lifetime ban and others ran with it I think.  I may be wrong, but certainly Marks original post gave no indication as to the length of the ban.

Just now, matalan12 said:

great find that. was there that night, one of my favourite away days that will live long in the memory.

smoke grenades/bombs/flares look awesome and they add a great deal to atmosphere.

people saying "illegal, end of. ban them" etc. I'm sure there are plenty of laws that are illegal in this country, and legal in others. people can make up their own minds on what's right and wrong.

when like minded fans see what ultra groups are being allowed to do on the continent without repercussion, we want to bring it here to our club. I'm not really sure that's anything too outrageous, is it? lifetime bans? :laugh:. have a day off.

and if it was legal I'm sure the club would accommodate it, but they can't, you need to speak to downing street to change the law not Bristol City

5 minutes ago, matalan12 said:

great find that. was there that night, one of my favourite away days that will live long in the memory.

smoke grenades/bombs/flares look awesome and they add a great deal to atmosphere.

people saying "illegal, end of. ban them" etc. I'm sure there are plenty of laws that are illegal in this country, and legal in others. people can make up their own minds on what's right and wrong.

when like minded fans see what ultra groups are being allowed to do on the continent without repercussion, we want to bring it here to our club. I'm not really sure that's anything too outrageous, is it? lifetime bans? :laugh:. have a day off.

Was awesome. Didn't we go top of the league for the first time that night? I remember listening on the radio being so jealous of those who went as it was so loud.

Team bang on form against the odds, 1500+ of us, midweek, everyone stood and a London game (and some pyrotechnics :shutup:) - all the ingredients for a class atmosphere.

Digressing a bit but listen to how loud we are in this clip (considering it's the other end of the ground) at around 35 seconds. Really regret missing that one.

Just now, matalan12 said:

"rules are rules. at the end of the day theyre banned. the law is the law."

not exactly the attitude that brings about change, big or small.

its legal in other countries. and some fans want it here. if it was legal people wouldn't throw it. its not rocket science.

Just ignoring the Law isn't the right way to go about changing it,

Education is, If people feel that strongly about it, they need to go through the correct channels like they have done with the rail seats and safe standing,

14 hours ago, Collis1 said:

I find it rather facsinating how the police barely have enough funding to patrol the streets anymore, yet somehow have the time to monitor and post on an independent football fans forum. 

It's a bizarre world we live in nowadays, isn't it?

Oh, and yes smoke bombs are against the law and blah blah blah, but it is mildly amusing how people have got their knickers in such a twist about something which is largely trivial in the grand scheme of things. I wonder if the people having a go reserve the same contempt for tax dodgers, corruption, racism or things that actually are damaging society.  What a parodox that a (admittedly a bit naive) football fan messing around with a smoke bomb is set upon as if he has beaten up an old lady. Grow up please!

Well said, I had my shed broken into over the weekend and still waiting for the police to turn up, perhaps I should say that the perpetrator let off a flare during the said crime ?

14 hours ago, Collis1 said:

I find it rather facsinating how the police barely have enough funding to patrol the streets anymore, yet somehow have the time to monitor and post on an independent football fans forum. 

It's a bizarre world we live in nowadays, isn't it?

Oh, and yes smoke bombs are against the law and blah blah blah, but it is mildly amusing how people have got their knickers in such a twist about something which is largely trivial in the grand scheme of things. I wonder if the people having a go reserve the same contempt for tax dodgers, corruption, racism or things that actually are damaging society.  What a parodox that a (admittedly a bit naive) football fan messing around with a smoke bomb is set upon as if he has beaten up an old lady. Grow up please!

Well said, I had my shed broken into over the weekend and still waiting for the police to turn up, perhaps I should say that the perpetrator let off a flare during the said crime ?

13 hours ago, bcfcfinker said:

@JulieH says: "Although not working today...". By the looks of it JulieH is posting in her own time and probably using her own facilities (and not the forces time or using the forces facilities as you seem to be implying). She might genuinely be taking an interest in BCFC because she's a fan and passing on knowledge she has to fellow reds? Who knows? It looks like you you're the one with a bizarre attitude.

Yes, yes, yes and yes. All contemptible, however this is the football chat section of OTIB, talking about an event at a BCFC football match. If this was a political forum bleating about all of society's ills, maybe you'd have a point.

It appears that you are trying to paint the 'football fan messing around with a smoke bomb' as some butter wouldn't melt, whiter than white angel and that maybe we should be feeling sorry for him/her (I'll put in a sarcasm alert just in case you don't recognise it).

Maybe people do need to grow up, stop making mountains out of mole hills etc.? And maybe the arguments of an apologist should stop also?
Glass houses, stones and all that.

Well you do come across as on your high horse don't you?  Do you always lay it on this thick when you talk to people, or does it come naturally? (Thanks also for your patronising reference to sarcasm.) 

Its all related isn't it, whether we are talking about society or football. I was merely pointing out how bat shit crazy it is to lynch mob a teenager for letting off a smoke bomb at a football ground when literally thousands of crimes go unpunished in this country every day. Some of the language used to describe this young lad is frankly contemptible. Life ban, arrest him, do me a favour! Smoking pot is illegal, but a copper wont even pull someone over for it these days.

A smoke bomb basically being described as a lethal weapon is beyond parody. I remember going to paintball centres when I was about 15 and launching the things at each other. Get over yourselves, this is lunacy!

5 minutes ago, harrys said:

You might want to PM Julie on here. It seems it might be quicker than calling 999.

1 minute ago, matalan12 said:

Glad you mentioned that, because regardless of safe standing and rail seats, and whether it is illegal or not to stand at games, fans all across the country will be standing at all seater stadiums this Saturday, and the next.

We only now have the rail seating idea because fans persistently stood when they were told not to, and did it anyway. That's how change happens.

I think @Blagdon red will disagree strongly with that statement, after all the work he put into it, ( think it was him anyway), 

Also Standing at football isn't against the law, bringing smoke bombs into any sports stadium is, massive difference

14 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

and if it was legal I'm sure the club would accommodate it, but they can't, you need to speak to downing street to change the law not Bristol City

Thats it in a nutshell.  The law absolutely forbids private use of any fireworks in any stadium whatsoever anywhere in the UK, the club couldn't do anything about it even if they wanted to and I think their approach and responses have been very reasonable regarding this matter.  

Here is your alternative.  Not regulated.  But you end up covered in powder  http://weaponeffects.com/training-safety-and-risk-assessment/

I wonder though what would happen if someone let off a confetti canon?  They are easy to buy.  These seem to have escaped any legislation too as they are activated by a CO2 or nitrogen capsule

Just now, paulcityfan said:

Thats it in a nutshell.  The law absolutely forbids private use of any fireworks in any stadium whatsoever anywhere in the UK, the club couldn't do anything about it even if they wanted to and I think their approach and responses have been very reasonable regarding this matter.  

Here is your alternative.  Not regulated.  But you end up covered in powder  http://weaponeffects.com/training-safety-and-risk-assessment/

I wonder though what would happen if someone let off a confetti canon?  They are easy to buy.  These seem to have escaped any legislation too as they are activated by a CO2 or nitrogen capsule

Just throw a bog roll.

2 hours ago, matalan12 said:

"rules are rules. at the end of the day theyre banned. the law is the law."

not exactly the attitude that brings about change, big or small.

its legal in other countries. and some fans want it here. if it was legal people wouldn't throw it. its not rocket science.

It's legal in other countries and some fans want it here!

What a ridiculous argument, there are a lot of things that are legal in other countries and yes some people would like them here too, but im sure most would not, or maybe like you they should be free to have that choice!

After all its legal on other countries.

So I was checking twitter feed about the whole buses not running tonight thing...

Club anti pyro, anti flares, anti smoke yeah..part of it because they have to be and have to be seen to be, the law etc.

Which pic did they show of BW when announcing his interview on Talksport?

DGpIlGMXkAAmBhN.jpg

If I'm not much mistaken that isn't...red smoke in the background is it?? Maybe it's a trick of the light I don't know but it could be red smoke anyway. Or light reflected off red smoke and vice versa.

Why that pic? Because it looks good very possibly. Whether it's appropriate for football is another debate but nonetheless that looks rather like red smoke to me.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

So I was checking twitter feed about the whole buses not running tonight thing...

Club anti pyro, anti flares, anti smoke yeah..

DGpIlGMXkAAmBhN.jpg

If I'm not much mistaken that isn't...red smoke in the background is it?? Maybe it's a trick of the light I don't know but it could be red smoke anyway. Or light deflected off red smoke.

Why that pic? Because it looks good. Whether it's appropriate for football is another debate but nonetheless that looks rather like red smoke to me.

But illegal and with heavy penalties for club and fans.  :grr:

Is legality really that difficult to ******* grasp, even if you don't agree with the law as it is?

I'd look better in an Oswald Boteng suit but I guess heading to Jermyn Street and nicking one would still be illegal and I'd be punished?

I'd look hot in court though.

2 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Is legality really that difficult to ******* grasp, even if you don't agree with the law as it is?

I'd look better in an Oswald Boteng suit but I guess heading to Jermyn Street and nicking one would still be illegal and I'd be punished?

It's illegal correct, and yes if it affects the club then it affects us all. Hopefully it won't happen again while the law is as it is.

My main point being, that it's an unfortunate choice of photo for the club to use.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It's illegal correct, and yes if it affects the club then it affects us all. Hopefully it won't happen again while the law is as it is.

My main point being, that it's an unfortunate choice of photo for the club to use.

Looks like light shining off empty seats post match to me to be honest.  You wouldn't get those circular artifacts from smoke.

9 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Club anti pyro, anti flares, anti smoke yeah..part of it because they have to be and have to be seen to be, the law etc.

DGpIlGMXkAAmBhN.jpg

If I'm not much mistaken that isn't...red smoke in the background is it?? Maybe it's a trick of the light I don't know but it could be red smoke anyway. Or light deflected off red smoke.

Why that pic? Because it looks good very possibly. Whether it's appropriate for football is another debate but nonetheless that looks rather like red smoke to me.

I also thought this regarding the smoke bomb on the pitch invasion promotion season - condoned by club moaning about fines, health & safety etc but they still decided to use the image in the official promotion book? Two faced little scamps. Anyway onwards & upwards!

Ps I would be very surprised not to see any green smoke coming out the atyeo tonight!

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

The issue is that it does look good, especially in photos.

9 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Smokin' hot.

Just now, Nibor said:

Looks like light shining off empty seats post match to me to be honest.  You wouldn't get those circular artifacts from smoke.

Assumed it was from Saturday. I did say it could have been a trick of the light, couldn't make up mind whether was or wasn't.

Does look different to the other photos though which was why I'm not/wasn't sure.

@RumRed It does indeed.

@Can't stand me now I do vaguely remember that. No big deal, this one just a bit ironic tbh. Plymouth have a rep for it too then?

Went to watch our brother club Willem II in Tilburg last year. Fans all over the stadium letting off pyro. Players on the pitch (yes on the pitch) even lit bombs and held them to the raucous applause and enjoyment of the crowd.

Over here 3 x 12 yr olds light some smokes and everyone in Ashton Gate loses their minds. 

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

DGpIlGMXkAAmBhN.jpg

If I'm not much mistaken that isn't...red smoke in the background is it?? Maybe it's a trick of the light I don't know but it could be red smoke anyway. Or light reflected off red smoke and vice versa.

That's the bokeh effect caused by using a long lens set to a shallow depth of field.

Empty red seats or even red shirts would look like this.

24 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

That's the bokeh effect caused by using a long lens set to a shallow depth of field.

Empty red seats or even red shirts would look like this.

I apologise for wrongly suggesting the club were using such a pic then.

As @Can't stand me now said they did use the smoke bomb pic in promotion 2015 book so was in some ways an easyish mistake to make.:ermm:

5 hours ago, Collis1 said:

Well you do come across as on your high horse don't you?  Do you always lay it on this thick when you talk to people, or does it come naturally? (Thanks also for your patronising reference to sarcasm.) 

Its all related isn't it, whether we are talking about society or football. I was merely pointing out how bat shit crazy it is to lynch mob a teenager for letting off a smoke bomb at a football ground when literally thousands of crimes go unpunished in this country every day. Some of the language used to describe this young lad is frankly contemptible. Life ban, arrest him, do me a favour! Smoking pot is illegal, but a copper wont even pull someone over for it these days.

A smoke bomb basically being described as a lethal weapon is beyond parody. I remember going to paintball centres when I was about 15 and launching the things at each other. Get over yourselves, this is lunacy!

You might want to PM Julie on here. It seems it might be quicker than calling 999.

I can't help it if you are riding a donkey

Archived