IGNORED

The official Bristol City FC v Plymouth Argyle FC in the Carabao Cup match day thread

Septic Peg

9 minutes ago, BCFC101 said:

Anyone at the game able to confirm whether there really was not a single foul? :blink:

Screen Shot 2017-08-08 at 23.46.41.png

There were a few but not many.

I will say, the referee was actually decent, he let the game flow well, no major errors (one poor decision perhaps), wasn't one who liked to be the centre of attention.

5 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Can only assume you didn't hear SL's interview with Geoff 20man on Saturday. "We'll listen to bids of over £5m" if that's not putting him in the shop window or indeed putting him up for sale then I don't know what is. Very different response see when asked about Bryan "he's not for sale, don't want to lose him, I'm not giving you a number".

Well that statement is as much to Aden Flint and his agent as it is necessarily touting to other clubs.

7 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Brownhill, toughest for me to really comment on, felt he played his 'normal game'. Played some nice passes, got a few balls in, but conceded the play trying to do a fancy trick from time to time.

Brownhill. 

1st goal - pass before the assist. 

3rd goal - assist. 

4th goal - assist. 

5th goal - pass before the assist. 

If this is his normal game I can't wait to see more of him, :thumbsup:

Seriously though, I do think he's quietly becoming a very effective and increasingly influential player. 

7 hours ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Massively spun figures there....bearing in mind Kodjia left for £15m and Tomlin paid for himself his net spend is much less than this

What has Kodjia got to do with LJs spend?  He was signed by SC, and let's be honest sold by SL/MA. 

Tomlin I will give you. But if this Eliason cost another £2m then we are definitely looking at over £20m.

He's probably spent more in the past 18 months than Barnsley and Plymouth have spent put together in the last 20 years!

3 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

What has Kodjia got to do with LJs spend?  He was signed by SC, and let's be honest sold by SL/MA. 

Tomlin I will give you. But if this Eliason cost another £2m then we are definitely looking at over £20m.

He's probably spent more in the past 18 months than Barnsley and Plymouth have spent put together in the last 20 years!

The point I'm making is that whilst we have spent no over the last 2 summers we have recouped the vast majority of that spend by selling players. If we hadn't sold kodjia there is no way we would have spent the way we did last summer. Similarly he plan will have been to sell flint and Tomlin this summer to allow us to bring in the players we have.

5 hours ago, Harry said:

Brownhill. 

1st goal - pass before the assist. 

3rd goal - assist. 

4th goal - assist. 

5th goal - pass before the assist. 

If this is his normal game I can't wait to see more of him, :thumbsup:

Seriously though, I do think he's quietly becoming a very effective and increasingly influential player. 

I do like Brownhill to be fair, so "normal game" was by no means a criticism.

I really must take my glasses next time, cause when we are at the far end of the pitch our players all become red blurs for me.

Not so bad in day matches.

59 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

What did I do? I wasn't even on here last night!

Although it's been a week since I've been abused on here, so probably about time

A couple of days ago you made reference to Hegeler being a goalscoring CB. Then he's scored. Which I assumed you'd love. But evidently you didn't remember, so in effect all I've done is remind you of your greatness. Dick. 

14 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

A couple of days ago you made reference to Hegeler being a goalscoring CB. Then he's scored. Which I assumed you'd love. But evidently you didn't remember, so in effect all I've done is remind you of your greatness. Dick. 

No, I hadn't forgotten. I just wanted you to mention it where everyone can see

Thank you

4 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Kodjia has everything to do with LJ's spend because the money goes in and out of the same pot. Presumably £5m on Diedhiou wouldn't have been sanctioned without the JK money. Or possibly the money on Đurić. Or possibly the money on Engvall. 

It is entirely relevant. 

17 hours ago, Chris_Brown said:

Kodjia has everything to do with LJ's spend because the money goes in and out of the same pot. Presumably £5m on Diedhiou wouldn't have been sanctioned without the JK money. Or possibly the money on Đurić. Or possibly the money on Engvall. 

It is entirely relevant. 

As is the money from the Bolasie and Adomah deals.

Archived