IGNORED

The official Bristol City FC v Plymouth Argyle FC in the Carabao Cup match day thread

Septic Peg

Good morning folks!

Today we probably say bye to Aden. Chances are he'll be gone by teatime. In the immortal words of Julie Andrews and that squad of kids "so long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye..."

We go again.

Tonight will probably be the debut of Bakes, the latest beared wonder and replacement of Flinty. I'm sure he'll get a rousing welcome back...

Tonight we play Argyle (another team that hate to be known simply by their city name...) call an Argyle fan 'Plymouth' and watch the explosion...

Plymouth is a shithole down south in Devonshire (@Neo :thumbsup:) but it does hold dear to me as it was where I went to Uni. Their main rivals are Exeter City though they also hate Torquay United and anything cornish; the pasty, the ice cream, the fudge etc... The Devonshire cream tea is the way forward. You put the cream on the scone first, then the jam. Anyone who argues can swivel. It's final.

On board the Argyle bus will probably be Nathan Blissett (Roverzzzz reject) so expect gas chants in his direction tonight. Over 1500 Plymouth fans are driving up the M5 from Home Park.

Expecting a 4-1 win and Bobby and Engvall to hit the net.

Come on you reds!

7 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Good morning folks!

Today we probably say bye to Aden. Chances are he'll be gone by teatime. In the immortal words of Julie Andrews and that squad of kids "so long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye..."

We go again.

Where have you heard he'll be gone today? Think it'll drag out a while longer personally. 

Think this'll be a tougher game than many are anticipating.

I'm going for a nervy 3-2 win after extra time. Plymouth shouldn't be underestimated especially with a vociferous following behind the Atyeo.

lose 2-1 and the world will end Johnson has to leave the squad isn't good enough,

We will then bet Birmingham 6-0 and we will be getting promoted and Johnson is working his magic and it's the strongest squad we've had...blah blah blah blah

Realistically Its a tough game but we should be strong enough to go through, scrappy 1-0 I think

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Where have you heard he'll be gone today? Think it'll drag out a while longer personally. 

Think this'll be a tougher game than many are anticipating.

I'm going for a nervy 3-2 win after extra time. Plymouth shouldn't be underestimated especially with a vociferous following behind the Atyeo.

I would have thought they would enter the ground rather than stay behind the stand Phileas? ;) Yes, I was being pedantic,  no offence.

12 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Good morning folks!

We go again.

Tonight will probably be the debut of Bakes, the latest beared wonder and replacement of Flinty. I'm sure he'll get a rousing welcome back...

Tonight we play Argyle (another team that hate to be known simply by their city name...) call an Argyle fan 'Plymouth' and watch the explosion...

Plymouth is a shithole down south in Devonshire (@Neo :thumbsup:) but it does hold dear to me as it was where I went to Uni. Their main rivals are Exeter City though they also hate Torquay United and anything cornish; the pasty, the ice cream, the fudge etc... The Devonshire cream tea is the way forward. You put the cream on the scone first, then the jam. Anyone who argues can swivel. It's final.

On board the Argyle bus will probably be Nathan Blissett (Roverzzzz reject) so expect gas chants in his direction tonight. Over 1500 Plymouth fans are driving up the M5 from Home Park.

Come on you reds!

Plymouth is certainly a shithole but much less of a shithole than it was a few years ago!

Usually feel a great affinity with Plymouth as I have spent my entite adult life there but today I shall be screaming abuse at the janners with everyone else.

COYR!

8 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

That's the good thing about giving away fans the atyeo, we can give them more tickets when required, 

Yep so they drown out the home support.

I know the home numbers are bigger and we should drown them out instead but it rarely seems to work like that. The best experiences in recent years for City for me has been when we have gone away in massive numbers and you couldnt really hear the home lot. People tend to behave more fervently away from AG it seems.

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

Good morning folks!

We go again.

Come on you reds!

just put a very bad image in my head and is it a scone or a scone(much better when spoken)

17 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Yep so they drown out the home support.

I know the home numbers are bigger and we should drown them out instead but it rarely seems to work like that. The best experiences in recent years for City for me has been when we have gone away in massive numbers and you couldnt really hear the home lot. People tend to behave more fervently away from AG it seems.

not really, its just all the vocal support are in the same place,

League games you'll notice the difference with the singers in the south stand, Think they'll out sing most teams this season 

2 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

Good morning folks!

We go again.

Come on you reds!

Condensed Version

Plymouth:

Southern septic tank where the Navy types all like to sing songs from the Sound of Music (oooh, shut that door) and are too thick to spell Plymouth. Devonshire Cream tea is a local delicacy where you put cream and jam on the scone and then apply the shit.

City 3-0 (Flint with all 3)

1 hour ago, BigTone said:

Condensed Version

Plymouth:

Southern septic tank where the Navy types all like to sing songs from the Sound of Music (oooh, shut that door) and are too thick to spell Plymouth. Devonshire Cream tea is a local delicacy where you put cream and jam on the scone and then apply the shit.

Had an absolute bastard of a day and just spent 5 minutes crying to myself in the bathroom. I come on here and read that and laughed out loud.

Thanks Tone.

Actually, plymouth is quite nice.  Saw my first game at home park versus city in 1967.  Mike gibson, chris crowe, gordon parr, gordon lowe, jack connor, etc.

Hope to see a good strength city team tonight and have it all wrapped up by half time.  Debut for Baker and possibly a start for maggers and engvall?  Though the same team that beat the tykes would be nice, but unlikely.

3 - 0 home win

My son who's a big City fan who lives in Plymouth but isn't able to come up tonight because of work (he's totally gutted)  but his other half and her family will be there. He's asked me to post a request for the singing section. Could you possibly give a rendition of "your sister is your mother" just to welcome them to Bristol. It would put a huge smile on his face and a source of p**s take with his outlaws. Many thanks.

2 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

Had an absolute bastard of a day and just spent 5 minutes crying to myself in the bathroom. I come on here and read that and laughed out loud.

Thanks Tone.

A bastard of a day?

That's inconceivable!

P.S. ( at least things can only get better then,  and hopefully everyday in every way they will get better and better!) :) 

4 hours ago, BigTone said:

Condensed Version

Plymouth:

Tell that to the Marines..

Archived