IGNORED

The official Bristol City FC v Plymouth Argyle FC in the Carabao Cup match day thread

Septic Peg

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I think he just tries to be too clever. Come out and say what every other manager says "I have a strong squad and I will pick a team I think is capable of winning the game". No need for the deception.

6 changes, over half the team changed. Including a debut and another youngster. Definitely not what he indicated would happen on Saturday. 

And still a long shot from what you initially said.

Had you said "6 changes" there wouldn't have been any argument over it.

"Reserve team, bar a few" is nought but a bare faced lie.

8 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Think it speaks volumes that Gus isn't in there and Hinds is. Flint we all got the idea he's leaving. Would be more a shock if he stays. I'd have rested Korey too but a lack of options in there I'd say if you don't want to be too inexperienced. Would think Morrell comes on as will Kelly at some point. 

I think Hinds has done himself a fair few favours in preseason.

Hope all the youngsters have a decent outing; be nice to see.

4 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Fielding, Hegeler (based on him starting last week), Baker (missed last week because of suspension), Smith, Brownhill, Reid.

Makes six. 

I'll give you one of the CBs as Wright-Baker is likely to be first choice pairing, but would then say O'Dowda is a player who is regularly brought on as a sub, so deserves the chance to start the odd game to try and win the spot.

Like I said. I was being pedantic. But it's definitely 6!

Im glad you identified you can't have both Baker and Hegeler. O'Dowda is close to the XI but not a starter. 

Cant believe I'm getting told off by the wife for posting on here, when I'm arguing bollocks!

Just now, Fordy62 said:

Im glad you identified you can have both Baker and Hegeler. O'Dowda is close to the XI but not a starter. 

Reason I would say O'Dowda could be argued is (IIRC) he got an extended run at the end of last season (I may be wrong) and is at the very least knocking on the door of the first team.

I accept it is a stretch to call him first choice at this moment.

8 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Im glad you identified you can't have both Baker and Hegeler. O'Dowda is close to the XI but not a starter. 

Cant believe I'm getting told off by the wife for posting on here, when I'm arguing bollocks!

Concentrate on the wife, then she may concentrate on you.

Bad news. The Atyeo is only about a third full right now and the Plymouth fans are making a right racket. Only chanting 'Argyle' but it's too loud for away fans. Just wait until Leeds etc get in there.

5 minutes ago, RedM said:

Bad news. The Atyeo is only about a third full right now and the Plymouth fans are making a right racket. Only chanting 'Argyle' but it's too loud for away fans. Just wait until Leeds etc get in there.

Suspected this might happen. I'd never have a stadium designed so that the away fans are behind a goal. I appreciate we've got limitations given we have transformed it ad-hoc.

Archived