IGNORED

Eliasson Signs!

ChilternRed

5 hours ago, Ian M said:

The person who edited that wiki page has an account on here but has only posted once. 

They also appear still to be at school.

The headmaster? :shocking:

He's headed somewhere... 

(Sorry about the poor translation courtesy of Google) 

The late Swedish poet Niclas Eliasson is on his way away from IFK Norrköping . Now the club has found the replacement.

A few days ago, a readers of Sportbladet noticed that midfielder Alexander Jakobsen had been spotted on Arlanda together with Freebody Appiah, agent, and what appeared to be Beijing's manager Jens Gustafsson.

Gustafsson himself, however, did not want to confirm that something was going on.

- No comments, he said.

However, at a press conference on Friday afternoon, the club announced that the Danish has signed a three-year contract.

"We are pleased to announce such a strong acquisition as Alexander Jakobsen," says Jens Gustafsson.

"It is a player we believe enormously. We have followed him for a long, long, long time. In the middle it's just the one you say, but in this case it's absolutely true." 

Source: http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/fotboll/a/RV2M5/jakobsen-uppges-klar-for-norrkoping

Just now, MyBrotherErnie said:

He's headed somewhere... 

The late Swedish poet Niclas Eliasson is on his way away from IFK Norrköping . Now the club has found the replacement.

A few days ago, a readers of Sportbladet noticed that midfielder Alexander Jakobsen had been spotted on Arlanda together with Freebody Appiah, agent, and what appeared to be Beijing's manager Jens Gustafsson.

Gustafsson himself, however, did not want to confirm that something was going on.

- No comments, he said.

However, at a press conference on Friday afternoon, the club announced that the Danish has signed a three-year contract.

"We are pleased to announce such a strong acquisition as Alexander Jakobsen," says Jens Gustafsson.

"It is a player we believe enormously. We have followed him for a long, long, long time. In the middle it's just the one you say, but in this case it's absolutely true." 

Source: http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/fotboll/a/RV2M5/jakobsen-uppges-klar-for-norrkoping

I hope we don't sign him!

17 hours ago, Spike said:

I'm very happy with Diedhiou, my post was pointing out we're targeting these younger players with little to no experience because we can't afford the more expensive wages to draw in the better players. I'm not saying I want a 28 year old striker with a dodgy knee at all, I'm saying I would rather we could draw an experienced but younger, Championship player of high caliber to join us and it's frustrating that we can't.
The bottom line is we've become a club with a very good potential but with the FFP in place it gives a lot of teams a much better chance of progressing as they have the funds for much bigger wages leaving us having to look for diamonds in the rough.

I think that's the reality we have to get used to until we make an impression on this league and be in a position to attract players that see us as a viable option, until then we will bring in potential and develop them and turn them into players that can play at this level and either keep or sell on for a significant profit

10 minutes ago, MyBrotherErnie said:

He's headed somewhere... 

- No comments, he said.

One in one out then?

Something may happen now then with this rumour 

14 minutes ago, MyBrotherErnie said:

He's headed somewhere... 

City bought a couple of Swedes

To answer all our striking needs

It got on our nerves

Cos they played for the reserves

And eventually were sold to Leeds

On 18/07/2017 at 20:12, ForeverRed said:

Hang on???? Left winger........... likes step-overs........... takes a decent free-kick.........!!

It's Walshy Mk2, at last!!

Lets see if we can get him for £19000 + inflation (whatever that might be)

:clapping:

:laugh: "Walshy shuffle"

On 19/07/2017 at 08:17, cidered abroad said:

Graham C.

The Dutch national team in 1970's used wingers on opposite side to natural foot.

Sir Tom Finney, played mostly on right wing but stronger on his left.

John Robertson at Forest was a right footed left winger and even Jimmy Mann at City used mostly as wide left midfield.

Lots of examples, so long as the player can cross it on the run with his weaker foot, it gives more options.

Ps. Jantzen Derrick, how could I forget him.

Paolo Maldini

Right footed

On 19/07/2017 at 08:17, cidered abroad said:

Graham C.

The Dutch national team in 1970's used wingers on opposite side to natural foot.

Sir Tom Finney, played mostly on right wing but stronger on his left.

John Robertson at Forest was a right footed left winger and even Jimmy Mann at City used mostly as wide left midfield.

Lots of examples, so long as the player can cross it on the run with his weaker foot, it gives more options.

Ps. Jantzen Derrick, how could I forget him.

Paolo Maldini

Right footed

1 minute ago, Garland-sweden said:

IFK Norrköping have had new Danish player coming in. As I understands it Eliasson is of. Which Club? City, Lyon or another.

You being Swedish - you're likely to know more than us - all gone quiet this end and regarding the player in general. 

I think personally, we had a deal with the club in principal and now they have found a replacement it's down to us now to convince the player. Just my take on it of course.

11 minutes ago, Saunders87 said:

You being Swedish - you're likely to know more than us - all gone quiet this end and regarding the player in general. 

I think personally, we had a deal with the club in principal and now they have found a replacement it's down to us now to convince the player. Just my take on it of course.

Talked with a swedish man and he said Eliasson most of the Times' make his man and delivers good balls. He is a fast tricky player, hope we get him. Think he is only 21. Looked at Lyons HomePage  and nothing was written about Eliasson. Starting to hope he will sign for City but I really dont know what is going to happen. In the biggest paper in Sweden we could read that Bristol City have made a bid for Eliasson, dont remember the amount. The pound is rather low at the moment.

Archived