IGNORED

Eliasson Signs!

ChilternRed

1 hour ago, bristolcitysweden said:

I'm thinking of a true class central midfielder. Someone from southern Europe. Getting on a bit but a good character. On very, very good money. That's what we need.

I agree (if the club's talk about progressing is more than just noise). Paul Hartley demonstrated what is possible when you have class running the game from the middle of the park.

Just now, bristolcitysweden said:

The bid is not yeat accepted. Norrköping has leaked to the public though to allert other interested clubs.

Surely an agent that wants his player sold would alert all interested clubs anyway?

We do need a midfielder that brings what Korey does but can also bring forward passing and a few goals. Granted they're expensive wage and fee wise. That's why I think we need to get Brownhill in that role more often next to Pack. Korey isn't going to ever bring that to his game. Korey is a good safe option for bigger clubs away imo but at home or against equal competition away, we need a more attacking threat. As for Pack, I rate him as one of the best at what he does in the league. Plays largely simple passes with the ability for a killer pass, breaks up play well enough, good in the air in front of the defense and works tirelessly. Just for comparisons sake, I think it'd be easier to replace Flint than Pack if they left for equal fees. 

Think we've got good options for midfield anyway. We could most certainly improve the position but as I've said it would probably cost 20-25k a week in wages and a significant fee. We need pace in the team though and that's why I like the look of this Eliasson guy. He's more than just a pacy tricky winger and I appreciate that but that's his value for me. 

4 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

The 2.3m was from tweet from the account that I think is fake? Guy pulled a picture of the actual guy off google or something. Seems a bit steep if actually true 

Really. That sounds about the going rate in this mad world of football nowadays. Talented, two footed,early twenty something, pacy attacker. COYR

2 hours ago, Spike said:

Whilst it's only my opinion I actually flat out disagree. It would seem we have more than enough money to make bids and transfers, our issue appears to be within our wage budget and if that is actually the case it's younger, lower paid players with bundles of potential that we can afford. It's all good and well saying "Why don't we sign an established Championship winger?" but the reason is simple, cost is higher and most importantly they demand higher wages. I honestly am frustrated by the fact we don't seem able to "buy big" but I have a strong feeling that it's due to wages and that's not going to change any time soon with FFP in play, unless of course we gain promotion to the Prem and get a healthy injection of cash on the FFP books.

£5m for a striker not enough for you then?

what do you suggest - £15m on a striker who has a dodgy knee and 28yrs old

With the amounts stated in this thread, sounds like foreign clubs are wising up when it comes to English clubs buying their players. I know we've got a wealthy owner but it's getting even harder to find bargains abroad. Would be roughly €9m for two players from France and Sweden. The advantage I guess would be wages but it makes you appreciate the club going for the young players to make a profit on a few of them. Why I'm for selling Flint for the right price or anyone for that matter. Maybe a few years as a selling club could see us in a real position to challenge for promotion. 

4 minutes ago, Simon79 said:

Really. That sounds about the going rate in this mad world of football nowadays. Talented, two footed,early twenty something, pacy attacker. COYR

I get where you're coming from and granted every situation is different with ages, club finances and length of contract but I look at someone like Vibe who cost Brentford 1m. This kid has done it for half a season at that level now as he hasn't exactly lit it up the past few seasons. I'd be think more like €1.5m to be honest. 

Just seemed like £2.3m was a lot. 1.8m closer to my liking. Not my money and I don't care if they paid it if they think he can help us out but first thought was 2.3m seems high. 

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

We do need a midfielder that brings what Korey does but can also bring forward passing and a few goals. Granted they're expensive wage and fee wise. That's why I think we need to get Brownhill in that role more often next to Pack. Korey isn't going to ever bring that to his game. Korey is a good safe option for bigger clubs away imo but at home or against equal competition away, we need a more attacking threat. As for Pack, I rate him as one of the best at what he does in the league. Plays largely simple passes with the ability for a killer pass, breaks up play well enough, good in the air in front of the defense and works tirelessly. Just for comparisons sake, I think it'd be easier to replace Flint than Pack if they left for equal fees. 

Think we've got good options for midfield anyway. We could most certainly improve the position but as I've said it would probably cost 20-25k a week in wages and a significant fee. We need pace in the team though and that's why I like the look of this Eliasson guy. He's more than just a pacy tricky winger and I appreciate that but that's his value for me. 

I think a fully fit Smith gets into the team ahead of Pack imo, although I do rate Pack. I think I'm correct in saying that for Norwich, Smith actually played further forward when they got promoted to the Prem. Its whether he gets the licence to do it. COYR

7 minutes ago, john from high littleton said:

Yes, I would say they're on a par with Marvin Elliot and LJ as a more than capable midfield duo! 

Sorry, neither of them are within a country mile of being as good as Marvin was in his first season with us (and I think they are both ok).

4 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I get where you're coming from and granted every situation is different with ages, club finances and length of contract but I look at someone like Vibe who cost Brentford 1m. This kid has done it for half a season at that level now as he hasn't exactly lit it up the past few seasons. I'd be think more like €1.5m to be honest. 

Just seemed like £2.3m was a lot. 1.8m closer to my liking. Not my money and I don't care if they paid it if they think he can help us out but first thought was 2.3m seems high. 

I agree, but this lad has represented his national team in different age groups & currently in the U21's I think. That's just the price you pay for potential. COYR

4 minutes ago, Simon79 said:

I think a fully fit Smith gets into the team ahead of Pack imo, although I do rate Pack. I think I'm correct in saying that for Norwich, Smith actually played further forward when they got promoted to the Prem. Its whether he gets the licence to do it. COYR

Even if he doesn't get license to do it, you would think an opportunity would arise to score every so often. I like Korey I really do but he doesn't offer enough forward passing. Pack offers everything korey does just not quite as agile. Think people are blinded by pre injury Korey. He got a lot better but he's still not the same player from the promotion season. 

And watching the highlights from Yeovil, O'Dowda isn't a right midfielder. Cuts back every time and didn't even shoot too often. Looked like a few were asking to be drilled in first time and you can see Famara in the area waiting but it never came. Spending 5m on a striker got to give him service. This guy looks to cross even when cutting back to his left on the right and gets it out quite quick. Would be exciting on the right and O'Dowda would have to fight with Pato on the left. Keep in mind this Eliasson lad looks like he could do some of what Pato does as well. So would be 3 battling for 2 spots which is always good to get the best out of players 

5 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Even if he doesn't get license to do it, you would think an opportunity would arise to score every so often. I like Korey I really do but he doesn't offer enough forward passing. Pack offers everything korey does just not quite as agile. Think people are blinded by pre injury Korey. He got a lot better but he's still not the same player from the promotion season. 

I think with a decent pre season, we hopefully will see the real Korey. I don't think it was a coincidence that when he returned in the later part of last season, playing regularly, results improved. I also rate Pack, but unfortunately he is a yard to slow imo, especially on the turn. But like I said, I rate them & wouldn't be to unhappy if we started the season with them as our midfield pair. COYR

I have seen what confidence do to Eliasson. In 2014 he was signed by AIK Solna from Falkenbergs FF. A coming player that faded away never been given a real chance. In 2016 he was loaned out to Norrköping and sold to them for £100,000 after the season. I have also seen what Bristol City do to talents. Why would he sign for Bristol City having talked to Gustav? Norrköping are only using us to get a higher transfer fee. 

39 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Sorry, neither of them are within a country mile of being as good as Marvin was in his first season with us (and I think they are both ok).

Have to agree,Marv was great in our play off season,a great midfield dynamo and he chipped in with a fair few goals too.

I remember sat in the Dolman when he scored a rocket against Stoke.

44 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I agree I think Marvin was better than either of them. 

But I stick by my original decision that i think KS and MP are as good as ME and LJ were! 

23 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

I have seen what confidence do to Eliasson. In 2014 he was signed by AIK Solna from Falkenbergs FF. A coming player that faded away never been given a real chance. In 2016 he was loaned out to Norrköping and sold to them for £100,000 after the season. I have also seen what Bristol City do to talents. Why would he sign for Bristol City having talked to Gustav? Norrköping are only using us to get a higher transfer fee. 

Every post of yours is dissuading us from signing this player. I know he is Swedish but are there any other reasons why you wouldn't want us to sign a decent looking player. You seem to care deeply about his guys future......more so than any other prospective signings. 

Archived