IGNORED

Eliasson Signs!

ChilternRed

6 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Every post of yours is dissuading us from signing this player. I know he is Swedish but are there any other reasons why you wouldn't want us to sign a decent looking player. You seem to care deeply about his guys future......more so than any other prospective signings. 

Wants us to look to the European and Scandinavian market then gets funny when we do. Think we've been doing a fine job of making players better lately. Most players we've sold we've made a profit. A few players at the club linked with bigger clubs. I don't know what Engvall would say about the club that would make someone decide not to come here. You won't play unless you're good enough? 

10 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Wants us to look to the European and Scandinavian market then gets funny when we do. Think we've been doing a fine job of making players better lately. Most players we've sold we've made a profit. A few players at the club linked with bigger clubs. I don't know what Engvall would say about the club that would make someone decide not to come here. You won't play unless you're good enough? 

The only potential thing he could have against us is if we said he would be in the first team fold but didn't feel he was ready, but that's down to the player not the club. He seems happy to be back and looking to earn his spot this year so can't see why he would slate us.

9 minutes ago, Saunders87 said:

The Fulham fan? Shawcross? 

Certainly a few calling him out as a fraud , only seems to post when been reported elsewhere . No reports of a price or Lyon interested coming out of Sweden . Look at his last few tweets, just rehashing what's common knowledge. Is he a journo ? 

47 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

We don't exactly have the reputation of being a pedigree club. A lot of talent have been spoiled over the years just because we have always been able to chose the easy option; overpaying over aged crap. 

1 hour ago, bristolcitysweden said:

I have seen what confidence do to Eliasson. In 2014 he was signed by AIK Solna from Falkenbergs FF. A coming player that faded away never been given a real chance. In 2016 he was loaned out to Norrköping and sold to them for £100,000 after the season. I have also seen what Bristol City do to talents. Why would he sign for Bristol City having talked to Gustav? Norrköping are only using us to get a higher transfer fee. 

Think Tommy many swedish player goes to second Bundesliga or championship. The paycheck is often 4-5 Times' higher in a month than in Sweden. This swedish guy can be good and we can sell him with good profit. Because Enngvall so far not made it in the starting 11 dont mean that the new swedish guy not can make it. Tammy made it here and he is young. Its alsays a gamble to buy players. Some will be good others not. Odowda, Brownhill, Hegeler and others are already good. Hope Gustav will get the chance and score, but my vibes are not ok with him, hope Im wrong.

7 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Certainly a few calling him out as a fraud , only seems to post when been reported elsewhere . No reports of a price or Lyon interested coming out of Sweden . Look at his last few tweets, just rehashing what's common knowledge. Is he a journo ? 

Not sure what he is - but he's got 3000+ followers on twitter which doesn't normally suggest a fraud - if I find someone spouts a lot of shit they get unfollowed - I hope you're right tho

3 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I'd actually like to see some more pace in the side Tommy , and the ability to hit sides on the counter with pace

To do so successfully you need at least two or three with legs and pace

A bit like Brighton away when we were playing the should have been champions.

That was a real performance hitting them on the break and not really looking like letting one in, despite all the ball they had.

We could and maybe should have won that game 3/0.

Agree another pacey wide man would do us the world of good. Maybe two more first team signings along with the hoped progress of Brownhill, O.Dowda, Mags and Patts things look better.

If our new French Striker hits the ground running as well, maybe just maybe it might not be a bad season!!!!

3 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I'd actually like to see some more pace in the side Tommy , and the ability to hit sides on the counter with pace

To do so successfully you need at least two or three with legs and pace

Bryan Reid Diedhiou(I think so) Paterson Brownhill/COD, I think that's a decent amount of pace? 

17 minutes ago, Saunders87 said:

Not sure what he is - but he's got 3000+ followers on twitter which doesn't normally suggest a fraud - if I find someone spouts a lot of shit they get unfollowed - I hope you're right tho

Used to be called @champscout

1 hour ago, bristolcitysweden said:

I have seen what confidence do to Eliasson. In 2014 he was signed by AIK Solna from Falkenbergs FF. A coming player that faded away never been given a real chance. In 2016 he was loaned out to Norrköping and sold to them for £100,000 after the season. I have also seen what Bristol City do to talents. Why would he sign for Bristol City having talked to Gustav? Norrköping are only using us to get a higher transfer fee. 

How do you know what if anything has been discussed with Gustav?

Perhaps the club are thinking about Gustav and bringing another young Swede to the club to help him settle and acclimatise to this country?

Maybe it was the player who could not adapt and show his talent rather than blame the club?

• Admin

Might we play a 4231 away from home where the back 6 are solid defensive players with the attack containing lots of pace to hit teams on the counter, something like this as the front four (with the 3 attacking midfielders given license to swap positions):

Diedhiou

O'Dowda Patterson Eliasson

48 minutes ago, Saunders87 said:

You can buy twitter followers, automated bots that like and share your tweets etc

Not really getting why there's talk of us needing to fill other positions first, surely we need another winger? The only players that we have that are somewhat out and out wingers are COD and Pato (even though I prefer him down the middle). Browhill isn't a wide player, he filled in well at the end of last season but he's definitely one that could, in time become a great central mid driving forward from deep. To my knowledge we only have 2 first team wingers as such so if LJ and MA think this chap is good enough and at a decent price then don't see why we wouldn't invest.

3 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

With the amounts stated in this thread, sounds like foreign clubs are wising up when it comes to English clubs buying their players. I know we've got a wealthy owner but it's getting even harder to find bargains abroad. Would be roughly €9m for two players from France and Sweden. The advantage I guess would be wages but it makes you appreciate the club going for the young players to make a profit on a few of them. Why I'm for selling Flint for the right price or anyone for that matter. Maybe a few years as a selling club could see us in a real position to challenge for promotion. 

Yes a few years as a selling club will see us in a good position to challenge for promotion....from League Two. City should not sell any of our best players unless it is ridiculous money and we have a like for like (or better) replacement in the squad or lined up.

10 minutes ago, DownendRed97 said:

Not really getting why there's talk of us needing to fill other positions first, surely we need another winger? The only players that we have that are somewhat out and out wingers are COD and Pato (even though I prefer him down the middle). Browhill isn't a wide player, he filled in well at the end of last season but he's definitely one that could, in time become a great central mid driving forward from deep. To my knowledge we only have 2 first team wingers as such so if LJ and MA think this chap is good enough and at a decent price then don't see why we wouldn't invest.

Patterson despite doing a decent job wide for us in the latter weeks , is not a winger and hasn't been utilised there in his career very often, if at all 

He can fill a wide midfield roll but could never be described  as a 'winger' IMO

Think at his most effective playing behind a striker(s) 

1 hour ago, stephenkibby. said:

A bit like Brighton away when we were playing the should have been champions.

That was a real performance hitting them on the break and not really looking like letting one in, despite all the ball they had.

We could and maybe should have won that game 3/0.

Agree another pacey wide man would do us the world of good. Maybe two more first team signings along with the hoped progress of Brownhill, O.Dowda, Mags and Patts things look better.

If our new French Striker hits the ground running as well, maybe just maybe it might not be a bad season!!!!

Agreed the only thing I'm concerned about is Flint leaving as Hegler is no replacement in a back 4. I think we'd do well to get rid of him instead of Flint.

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Patterson despite doing a decent job wide for us in the latter weeks , is not a winger and hasn't been utilised there in his career very often, if at all 

He can fill a wide midfield roll but could never be described  as a 'winger' IMO

Think at his most effective playing behind a striker(s) 

Yeah agree with that.

Seems like a player you need to keep interested in the game.(as stupid as that might sound)

Has the vision to bring other forward running players in to the game, maybe not pick the little pass like Tomlin,but I think he would work so much harder if given that important role.

Plus if given the space 25yds out has the ability to go either way to get a shot off.

Could be a main player this season?

6 minutes ago, redapple said:

Agreed the only thing I'm concerned about is Flint leaving as Hegler is no replacement in a back 4. I think we'd do well to get rid of him instead of Flint.

Yes your right, has to be said Flinty was a rock that night. Must be said whatever his footballing ability if you have played at any level when the big man runs out onto the pitch you would want him on your side!!!!

21 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Yeah agree with that.

Seems like a player you need to keep interested in the game.(as stupid as that might sound)

Has the vision to bring other forward running players in to the game, maybe not pick the little pass like Tomlin,but I think he would work so much harder if given that important role.

Plus if given the space 25yds out has the ability to go either way to get a shot off.

Could be a main player this season?

Going back to him in his breakthrough days at Walsall and initially at Forest , we are yet to see the very best he can produce - suspect he may be a mood / confidence character but if we could get him fully firing , he'd be a great influence

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Going back to him in his breakthrough days at Walsall and initially at Forest , we are yet to see the very best he can produce - suspect he may be a mood / confidence character but if we could get home fully firing he'd be a great influence

Yeah when he came it was a mixed response from the Forest fans witch is unusual as most that sign for us are described as Wasters!!

1 minute ago, stephenkibby. said:

Yeah when he came it was a mixed response from the Forest fans witch is unusual as most that sign for us are described as Wasters!!

Think for whatever reason he went off the boil there

I suspect consistency may be an issue , but ability wise he's got.a lot to offer

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Think for whatever reason he went off the boil there

I suspect consistency may be an issue , but ability wise he's got.a lot to offer

Well Superbob (if you were up front id be well confident)

For some strange reason I think we might be ok. No Johnson lover would have been gone after the Reading game. The way the white flag was put up that day,well not seen that many times down the gate.

But he's what we have. Could have been the bravest or most **** you thing Lansdown as ever done.

Don't think wele have to go to far into the season before we know.

As the song goes maybe i'm a dreamer!!!

Archived