IGNORED

Eliasson Signs!

ChilternRed

8 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

IMO, that is one of the significant problems at City. We just have GJ Mark Two. LJ has little experience of managers apart from his father and boy has it shown clearly with his negative tactics. And almost certainly has a problem with stronger characters who can play better than he ever did.

At the moment a League Two manager as his father is.

:rofl2br:

9 hours ago, robinreliant said:

Was it LJ that sacked him ?

According to some on here the answer would send otib into meltdown. However they can't or won't say what they claim to know, rather preferring to mysteriously allude to it at any given opportunity. 

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

You'd be surprised by the amount of people baffled by bullshit as I like to call it, it's rife in my industry and you'd laugh at some of the stories I could tell you, I can't of course because it's not worth my job but Jesus it's bad   

Seriously, you work....how do you find the time?

9 hours ago, Ian M said:

There's a good saying in life "you reap what you sow". Another good saying is "treat others as you expect to be treated". 

And, "it's not what you know, but who you know".......

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

IMO, that is one of the significant problems at City. We just have GJ Mark Two. LJ has little experience of managers apart from his father and boy has it shown clearly with his negative tactics. And almost certainly has a problem with stronger characters who can play better than he ever did.

:rofl2br:

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Personally I'm not sure LJ can handle certain characters, whether they be mavericks or not.  I think it's an age thing, that he hasn't had the experience to deal with every scenario and be able to fall back on what he did right or wrong when it happened before...because it's the first time it's happened.

In our day jobs, experience can count for so much.  I work with a load of relative youngsters from one of the leading consultancies.  They are smart...much smarter than me, but they've no experience, certainly not in the project we are on.  They can't fall back on their "corporate" PowerPoint presentations in the real world, it doesn't fit the uniqueness the project or the phase we are in.  (The mention of PowerPoint was not a sly dig at LJ either)

They then start to flounder, make bad decisions, or in the case of some of them, they just hide, or hide behind documentation that they produced but didn't understand.

LJ is a bit like this, but fair play, he doesn't hide.  He'll gain experience and be better for it...I hope!

He doesn't hide?

Last season??

You sure about that Dave? I'm thinking now about the frequent criticism of his players, including one that came on as sub with the game already lost who was singled out, and the glaring absence of the head coach - the leader of this group of men - taking "full responsibility" at any time. Only when the season was over did LJ concede any error or responsibility on his part.

Under the cosh, under huge pressure, Johnson passed the buck last season, as far as I could see. The players got to see what Lee Johnson's true colours, no doubt; sport doesn't make character, it reveals it. There appeared to be a bit of a culture of passing the buck, with the owner deciding to pick at the crowd and not say anything remotely critical of his appointment to the role of head coach.

I thought there was a lot of "hiding" last season. And some folks on here talked about some players "hiding" from the ball, and even "not turning up."

And a lack of proper leadership, from the top down. And some folks on here talked about a lack of leadership on the pitch.

If the owner and the head coach want to see the courage not to hide from the ball and to show leadership on the pitch, my suggestion would be to start with themselves and model it, demonstrate it. 

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

What is your opinion, then, of Eddie Howe?

Bournemouth have better local press than the Evil Post so I think this article makes decent reading : http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/14237503.Lee_Tomlin__Too_complicated_even_for_AFC_Bournemouth_boss_Eddie_Howe_to_fix/?ref=arc

Just now, Chalkie said:

Bournemouth have better local press than the Evil Post so I think this article makes decent reading : http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/14237503.Lee_Tomlin__Too_complicated_even_for_AFC_Bournemouth_boss_Eddie_Howe_to_fix/?ref=arc

stop using facts 

next you will be telling me that Karanka couldn't handle him as well with rumoured disagreements that seems all to similar with what happened at bournmouth and here,

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aitor-karanka-its-nothing-personal-9806871

it's as if the problem wasn't johnson (novel I know) and was in fact tomlin........

6 minutes ago, Chalkie said:

Interesting article, we will see how it works  in Cardiff for Tomlin. Their gaffer old school, we will se. Dont mind him score, but not against City.

6 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

stop using facts 

next you will be telling me that Karanka couldn't handle him as well with rumoured disagreements that seems all to similar with what happened at bournmouth and here,

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aitor-karanka-its-nothing-personal-9806871

it's as if the problem wasn't johnson (novel I know) and was in fact tomlin........

And could indeed that not have been the point the JP was making?  rather than being a dig at LJ it could have just been a comment that there are comparatively very few managers that can handle players like Tomlin?  Warnock may be one of them, but Tarrabt's career has continued to go down the toilet since he left QPR so it's not as if Warnock stopped the trend in his career.

Even then Tomlin is simply not good enough to be a maverick, you can get away with it if you are a class above anything at your level, but he isn't he's a good Championship player but he's not bloody Ronaldo, hence the reason every manager he's had has bombed him out.

13 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

stop using facts 

The issue is not that Johnson couldn't handle Tomlin; the issue is that knowing all of the above (Johnson has been in the game for years, he would've known all there is to know about Tomlin) Johnson was taken in by a 3 month loan and signed Tomlin permanently.

Judgement - and recruitment  - is the issue. And over-confidence. And....

Archived