IGNORED

Eliasson Signs!

ChilternRed

5 minutes ago, Spud55 said:

And could indeed that not have been the point the JP was making?  rather than being a dig at LJ it could have just been a comment that there are comparatively very few managers that can handle players like Tomlin?  Warnock may be one of them, but Tarrabt's career has continued to go down the toilet since he left QPR so it's not as if Warnock stopped the trend in his career.

Even then Tomlin is simply not good enough to be a maverick, you can get away with it if you are a class above anything at your level, but he isn't he's a good Championship player but he's not bloody Ronaldo, hence the reason every manager he's had has bombed him out.

I think the very public way it was delivered made it pretty clear it was a dig at LJ. Pemberton could've said it privately - he's definitely got his personal number - but he chose to say it publicly on a platform lots of City fans will see. Comes across as a bit classless and bitter in my opinion. 

8 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

The issue is not that Johnson couldn't handle Tomlin; the issue is that knowing all of the above (Johnson has been in the game for years, he would've known all there is to know about Tomlin) Johnson was taken in by a 3 month loan and signed Tomlin permanently.

Judgement - and recruitment  - is the issue. And over-confidence. And....

And attempting to please the crowd, we all saw/participated in the cry for his signing in the last match of his loan spell. Maybe the Management and the Board felt they would be accused of a lack of ambition if they failed to sign him.

21 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

The issue is not that Johnson couldn't handle Tomlin; the issue is that knowing all of the above (Johnson has been in the game for years, he would've known all there is to know about Tomlin) Johnson was taken in by a 3 month loan and signed Tomlin permanently.

Judgement - and recruitment  - is the issue. And over-confidence. And....

and if we hadn't signed him the very same people slagging him off about the issue would be slagging him off for not signing him

2 hours ago, Monkeh said:

You'd be surprised by the amount of people baffled by bullshit as I like to call it, it's rife in my industry and you'd laugh at some of the stories I could tell you, I can't of course because it's not worth my job but Jesus it's bad   

What, working for a train company gives you insight into a multi-million pound football club and all the crap that goes on in it?

Really?

You are the biggest cheerleader for SL and The Johnson Clan - so give us some clues.

What info is BS and what isn't.

Simple question.

Oh, and congrats on getting rid of your dyslexia, you really must let the neurologists know how you fixed it.

27 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think the very public way it was delivered made it pretty clear it was a dig at LJ. Pemberton could've said it privately - he's definitely got his personal number - but he chose to say it publicly on a platform lots of City fans will see. Comes across as a bit classless and bitter in my opinion. 

Isn't one of the 'rumours' regarding Pembo's departure that he had a fall out with Tomlin (had him up against the dressing room wall by the throat)

Seems odd he would then choose to publicly back Tomlin as a dig at LJ?

1 minute ago, glynriley said:

Isn't one of the 'rumours' regarding Pembo's departure that he had a fall out with Tomlin (had him up against the dressing room wall by the throat)

Seems odd he would then choose to publicly back Tomlin as a dig at LJ?

Apparently that particular rumour isn't true according to someone in one of these threads. The way it was delivered indicates to me it was a dig at LJ.

15 minutes ago, SX227 said:

What, working for a train company gives you insight into a multi-million pound football club and all the crap that goes on in it?

Really?

You are the biggest cheerleader for SL and The Johnson Clan - so give us some clues.

What info is BS and what isn't.

Simple question.

Oh, and congrats on getting rid of your dyslexia, you really must let the neurologists know how you fixed it.

I've still got that, but spell check works wonders, but I'm glad that little dig lets you feel like a big man, *****,

I haven't always worked for a "train company" I've worked in construction as well, but working for a train company you still have to tender, manage contracts and projects like you do in other industries, you still have project managers commercial managers, graduates apprentices,

You still have meetings you still have a payroll you still have a works department you still have a procurement department, 

You still have an on call you still have a programme manager you still have a planner etc etc, 

You still get people giving power point presentations 

You must of missed it when I've stated that I don't want Johnson in charge as well as I don't think he is good enough, but am giving him 10 games this season as its a new season new slate,

Or maybe its because I don't post it in every single thread that I don't want him here

47 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Lyon have signed six players so far and are eyeing up an attacking midfielder from Turkey who is also on the radar of other big clubs including Man Utd ( and probably the Gas ) but they have a very good chance of landing him.

No mention of Elliasson .

What's that got to do with Tomlin, Johnson, Pemberton and Uncle Tom Cobley an all?

You're disrupting the thread.

:blink:

54 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Lyon have signed six players so far and are eyeing up an attacking midfielder from Turkey who is also on the radar of other big clubs including Man Utd ( and probably the Gas ) but they have a very good chance of landing him.

No mention of Elliasson .

Praise the lord! Something on topic! 

1 hour ago, Chalkie said:

What is your opinion, then, of Eddie Howe?

Bournemouth have better local press than the Evil Post so I think this article makes decent reading : http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/14237503.Lee_Tomlin__Too_complicated_even_for_AFC_Bournemouth_boss_Eddie_Howe_to_fix/?ref=arc

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

stop using facts 

next you will be telling me that Karanka couldn't handle him as well with rumoured disagreements that seems all to similar with what happened at bournmouth and here,

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aitor-karanka-its-nothing-personal-9806871

it's as if the problem wasn't johnson (novel I know) and was in fact tomlin........

Which is exactly why we shouldn't have signed him permanently

Very few if any managers are likely to get a sustained run of delivery from him (Unforunately NW is probably one of the few that may have a chance)

6 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Which is exactly why we shouldn't have signed him permanently

Very few if any managers are likely to get a sustained run of delivery from him (Unforunately NW is probably one of the few that may have a chance)

thats easy to say in hindsight :(, the outrage on here if we hadn't of signed him would of crashed the internet, but then we may not of had that run and we may be looking forward to this season instead of fearing the worse :/ 

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

thats easy to say in hindsight :(, the outrage on here if we hadn't of signed him would of crashed the internet, but then we may not of had that run and we may be looking forward to this season instead of fearing the worse :/ 

Yeah. Can you imagine if Johnson had said "we're not going to sign him because I'm not sure I can handle a personality like that"?! As ever; damned if you do, damned if you don't

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

and if we hadn't signed him the very same people slagging him off about the issue would be slagging him off for not signing him

This forum is not representative of the wider support, and no one at the club cares one jot what we think or takes any notice of our uninformed moronic views (see spudski et al) so that really is no basis on which to be signing players.

28 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

Yeah. Can you imagine if Johnson had said "we're not going to sign him because I'm not sure I can handle a personality like that"?! As ever; damned if you do, damned if you don't

That's the only "explanation"/fob off you can come up with? I think Mark Ashton could've quite easily brushed aside clueless supporter "noise" with something about terms, conditions, agents, budgets, etc etc. Really not difficult.

1 hour ago, Garland-sweden said:

Nothing fr.o.m. Sweden according to Eliasson.

OFF TOPIC WARNING

G-s, can you explain why you separate the word 'from' with dots in those positions, and put another one after it mid sentence?

I've seen it on several posts now and it's bugging me!

Ta. :thumbsup:

15 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

That's the only "explanation"/fob off you can come up with? I think Mark Ashton could've quite easily brushed aside clueless supporter "noise" with something about terms, conditions, agents, budgets, etc etc. Really not difficult.

I was being facetious, I have no doubt that a slick excuse would have been conjured. But the point remains that had we turned down the opportunity to sign him, half the posters on here would have had an aneurysm (possibly including me!)

It just really pisses me off when grown men being paid thousands of pounds a week are excused behaving like utter pricks and spoilt children just because they're a "maverick". I fail to see how being skilful at football precludes you from actually working for your wage 

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

...is the right answer.

Archived