IGNORED

Eliasson Signs!

ChilternRed

On 27/07/2017 at 15:52, cynic said:

May have missed it, but I haven't seen Stockhausen or any other journalist say its dead (Stockhausen did say the bid for Vassel was dead).

We are allegedly in for Ryan Kent on loan along with about 20 others and he would be a better fit imo - but Eliasson would be a decent acquisition. 

Interesting you think Kent would be a better fit. Obviously I've not seen much of them only the videos(and Kent once in person) but with us playing a narrow diamond type 442 in possession it would look to me that Eliasson would be a better fit as he seem comfortable in the centre of the pitch whereas what I've seen from Kent he's more an out and out winger who likes to be as wide as he can. Either way we could do with either as they've both got pace which I think we desperately need. Our away form was atrocious last season and pace is always an easy way to create a couple chances on the counter away from home. 

43 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Just posted this on another thread, Norrkoping play Goteborg this afternoon at 2 so it will be interesting to see if he plays or not.

He is in the starting 11 acording to swedish paper. Will look at the game on telly. Norrköping is the champion but now they are in a bad run. Malmö FF is top of the table and will probably win the leauge. They got money from the Champions leauge.

An interview with Norrköpings SL

Niclas Eliasson har ryktats till Bristol City och Lyon. Hur är statusen för honom?
– Han är kvar i IFK Norköping som det verkar. Det har funnits intresse från några klubbar. Men det har varit för dåliga bud helt enkelt. Vi värderar Niclas som en coming man, och har ett långt avtal på ytterligare 2,5 år. Är det så att någon är intresserad så får man komma med ett rimligt bud, det har varit några bud i luften, men alldeles för dåliga.

– Men man har lärt sig att det svänger från ena dagen till den andra. Som läget är idag (den 29 juli) så ser det inte ut som att egentligen någon av våra spelare kommer att lämna. Men som sagt: det kan vara annorlunda imorgon eller på måndag.

http://kamraterna.net/2017/07/30/hunt-om-att-spanna-bagen-europaspelet-och-forsoket-med-tankovic/

2 minutes ago, cynic said:

Niclas Eliasson has been acclaimed to Bristol City and Lyon. How is the status of him? 
"He's still in IFK Norköping as it seems. There has been interest from some clubs. But it has been too bad bidding simply. We value Niclas as a coming man , and have a long contract for another 2.5 years. Is anyone interested in getting a reasonable bid, there have been no bids in the air, but far too bad.

"But you have learned that it turns from one day to the next. As the situation is today (July 29th), it does not seem that any of our players will leave. But as I said, it may be different tomorrow or Monday.

That's how I read it . :whistle:

They've brought in a Danish wide player in anticipation that he will go so this could go to the wire unless someone meets their valuation or close to it. Depends how many other irons we have in the fire as to how far we go and if others we are in for are available at our price bracket

2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Just checked , still not one single mention of this player on any Lyon site , rumour or otherwise .

Agent trying to drum up interest I expect .

Mark Ashton will sit tight I imagine .

Bit of a smokescreen I reckon. Can see as you said a wait and see on this depending on how quickly we want someone in. We may also be sitting tight regards to potential loans from Prem clubs as TA was a late addition last year, is it next week they have to announce their squads?

If we get this guy, as well as Ripley that will be a successful Summer of business for me. A quick loanee striker might be useful as well as a goal scoring centre mid, but happy with dealings so far. 

This guy and O'Dowda or Patterson flying at people down the wings would be very exciting indeed.

Go get him Mr Ashton!

12 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

If we get this guy, as well as Ripley that will be a successful Summer of business for me. A quick loanee striker might be useful as well as a goal scoring centre mid, but happy with dealings so far. 

This guy and O'Dowda or Patterson flying at people down the wings would be very exciting indeed.

Go get him Mr Ashton!

Yes, he is fast also in mind. Delivers the ball and run in position. In a better team he would better. City is a better team than Norrköping and championship is a better leauge than our swedish first division.

On 19/07/2017 at 16:05, JonDolman said:

Not sure how O'Dowda is a luxury? He works his socks off.

Doing what exactly? In my time of watching city I've had the pleasure of watching a number of good wingers wearing a red shirt. O'Dowda isn't one of them. Out of his depth at championship standard last season. Got to do a lot better this season. 

43 minutes ago, swanker said:

Doing what exactly? In my time of watching city I've had the pleasure of watching a number of good wingers wearing a red shirt. O'Dowda isn't one of them. Out of his depth at championship standard last season. Got to do a lot better this season. 

This is typical. We signed him last year from lower leagues knowing that we can develop him. Can you imagine if a L2 side came in now and offered us 1.5mil and we sold him?

We can't just be writing exciting players off with flippant "out of depth in championship" comments.

19 minutes ago, Cannybluff said:

This is typical. We signed him last year from lower leagues knowing that we can develop him. Can you imagine if a L2 side came in now and offered us 1.5mil and we sold him?

We can't just be writing exciting players off with flippant "out of depth in championship" comments.

He was out of his depth last season! Not once did he have me out of my seat with excitement.  I can't recall him troubling his marker or a goalkeeper. For a player who obviously has pace why doesn't he take people on. I hope he makes the grade because I support city, but I'm not holding my breath. 

4 minutes ago, swanker said:

If he was any good we surely wouldn't be looking to sign another winger. Bring back Albert?? Why, we've got O'Dowda!

Obviously you are a better judge of a player than Martin O'Neil and Roy Keane who think he's good enough to play international football for Ireland.

41 minutes ago, swanker said:

He was out of his depth last season! Not once did he have me out of my seat with excitement.  I can't recall him troubling his marker or a goalkeeper. For a player who obviously has pace why doesn't he take people on. I hope he makes the grade because I support city, but I'm not holding my breath. 

He always troubled whoever was marking him. He always made it hard for defenders and often got clattered for it. Draws loads of fouls before he can get a shot or cross off. Also works his socks off. Finished product? No but not out of his depth. His biggest problem is being all left foot. 

36 minutes ago, swanker said:

If he was any good we surely wouldn't be looking to sign another winger. Bring back Albert?? Why, we've got O'Dowda!

The reason we are looking for another winger / wide midfielder is because technically we only have O'Dowda who is a natural in that position & we don't have a natural right sided player to do that job.

Yes O'Dowda can swap & play there for spells but we don't have anyone he can naturally swap with & in theory we need 2 or 3 wingers / wide midfielders in the squad.

3 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

He always troubled whoever was marking him. He always made it hard for defenders and often got clattered for it. Draws loads of fouls before he can get a shot or cross off. Also works his socks off. Finished product? No but not out of his depth. His biggest problem is being all left foot. 

Which he summed up perfectly in a recent friendly when he beat about 5 men cutting in from the left then had to cut back to shoot on his left. He did hit the bar through...

1 minute ago, DaveF said:

Which he summed up perfectly in a recent friendly when he beat about 5 men cutting in from the left then had to cut back to shoot on his left. He did hit the bar through...

That doesn't bother me so much. It's when he plays on the right and cuts it back to his left every time and won't cross it. For me, he needs to get confident with his right foot to put in a first time cross every so often or play on the left. Problem is, Paterson has made the left side his own. I like COD but that will limit his potential some. 

1 hour ago, swanker said:

I have to say I agree with you on this there were numerous times last season when Callum was brought on against a tired fullback and in some cases where on a booking a still didn't take him on, that just strikes me as odd as that should be a wingers dream, that being said I can see good potential in him, big and strong and always works hard for the team, just this season he needs to add a more dynamic side to his game because ultimately that is what we signed him for ! 

Archived