IGNORED

Dolman PA sound - again

Robbored

7 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

I think the problem could be caused by having too many speakers.......or speakers too close together.

Is anyone on here a sound engineer?

It's not related but too many wireless access points at my place of work degraded our wifi speeds.  The building was over-specified and the excess hardware created interference.  Switching off 50% of them resolved the issues.  Basically, we had bad advice from a contractor.

To add to this, I could hear slightly better when I was in the Atyeo last season, compared to now in the South Stand corner. 

I can hear Downsy for the most part ok, but the interviews with Lee, and general announcements by others aren't so clear. The music seemed really quiet on Saturday as well. 

I have to really concentrate to try and hear what's being said, even when Downsy is speaking. 

Just my input. 

I always thought it was just the Dolman which was affected, certainly last year people in other parts of the ground weren't commenting like they are now. I sat in the South Stand corner which joins the Lansdown for every rugby match last year and never experienced the sound problems that I did when I sat in E29 for my football ST. Now the problems seem to have spread.

Sound is too high or too low, but worse than that it's muffled and inaudible. As someone said you could be missing safety announcements. @Mkelly for your information.

• Admin
12 hours ago, cynic said:

His answer of "its been fixed" is a bit odd.

Its as crap as its always been - certainly in the Dolman.

Maybe @Mkelly should try sitting in the stands on a match day to hear for himself.

@cynic From the reply in the post below it appears whatever work was to be done has been completed?

Though from the responses on this thread clearly still not fit for purpose

17 hours ago, handsofclay said:

I was in the top tier of the Lansdown Stand, three rows back and couldn't make out what was being said pre match and at half time over the tannoy. Just glad I was able to see the half time scores on the screens. Out of interest, can anyone in the ground hear clearly what is being said?

I think it speaks volumes, and clearly, that in the 17 hours since I asked if anyone at all in the ground can hear the PA system clearly that nobody has yet answered YES!

11 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

I think it speaks volumes, and clearly, that in the 17 hours since I asked if anyone at all in the ground can hear the PA system clearly that nobody has yet answered YES!

Then again to be fair, nobody is going to answer yes for fear that 18,000 plus people in the stadium will be asking him/her all match 'What did he say?'

I still maintain that all the "pre match LJ videos" etc should just be done with subtitles. No need for them immediately after filming; put them up just before the players walk out when the ground is at its fullest. 

But with subtitles so people can read it on the big screens as they "talk" - it's hardly putting scientific equations and complex mathematical formulas up; I reckon you could pre-write most of it and just copy and paste with minimal alteration weekly!

33 minutes ago, tommy_b said:

At Watford and you can hear everything they say pitchside and they do it whilst just fading down the song playing as well. 

So it is possible!

Out of interest do Watford have speakers at ground level? I.e. Around the pitch? I'm convinced that's part of the problem 

1 hour ago, Tomarse said:

Out of interest do Watford have speakers at ground level? I.e. Around the pitch? I'm convinced that's part of the problem 

Didn't see any and the sound seemed to come from up above. Theirs seemed much larger than ours which do seem - in the Dolman - to be many and frequent.

Archived