IGNORED

Hinds, Moore and Morrell join Cheltenham

View from the Dolman

On ‎30‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 20:08, NickJ said:

Sir Alex sold Ferguson as soon as he realised he wasn't good enough, for Man Utd. He did though go on to have a succcesful few seasons at Wolves. 

Nigel Clough was highly regarded by Forest fans and rightly so 1 goal every 3 games, and was obviously highly regarded not just by his dad considering he went on to Liverpool and Man City.

So both made it as players without favouritism from their dads. 

LJ was highly regarded as a player by his dad but other than that had a few games at Kilmarnock and couldn't find another club after being released by them. 

That's on the playing side not loans between father and son managers obviously, but I'd say the suspicions many have of the favouritism by GJ to LJ plays a part in the thought process now that LJ is loaning his dad our players. 

Why would they go to Chelt when other clubs in the area like Swindon, Yeovil, Exeter, Plymouth even F.G.R. would probably not have refused them......now come on lets think of a reason ???? apart from Sunday dinner with the folks.

9 hours ago, Loon plage said:

Nope. City can loan players to whoever they like i'm pretty sure. Its when we send Đurić, Maggers and O'Neill there in January that the moaning might start...!

No that's when we send them to league 1 to scupper Rovers so called promotion push...

22 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

Why would they go to Chelt when other clubs in the area like Swindon, Yeovil, Exeter, Plymouth even F.G.R. would probably not have refused them......now come on lets think of a reason ???? apart from Sunday dinner with the folks.

If they wanted them they would have put in an offer wouldn't  they? 

1 hour ago, Big C said:

If they wanted them they would have put in an offer wouldn't  they? 

They weren't invited to dinner, or was it really just a club that wanted them and just happened to have his dad as manager? do you really believe that :facepalm:

5 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

They weren't invited to dinner, or was it really just a club that wanted them and just happened to have his dad as manager? do you really believe that :facepalm:

It staggers me that people believe these deals are done over the Johnsons kitchen table with no input from the players or their agents. Do I believe that these players would be at Cheltenham if GJ wasn't the manager, no of course not but I'm struggling to see why that is a bad thing. Having a league 2 feeder club on our doorstep is surely a valuable resource? Cheltenham are doing us the favour by taking these players on loan and giving them league football. I'm sure if there were better offers on the table, let's say playing for Chesterfield for instance then the players and their agents would have taken it.  I really don't understand how people can see these players playing regular league two football as a negative 

13 hours ago, Big C said:

It staggers me that people believe these deals are done over the Johnsons kitchen table with no input from the players or their agents. Do I believe that these players would be at Cheltenham if GJ wasn't the manager, no of course not but I'm struggling to see why that is a bad thing. Having a league 2 feeder club on our doorstep is surely a valuable resource? Cheltenham are doing us the favour by taking these players on loan and giving them league football. I'm sure if there were better offers on the table, let's say playing for Chesterfield for instance then the players and their agents would have taken it.  I really don't understand how people can see these players playing regular league two football as a negative 

I dont think anyone sees them playing league football as a negative.I am pretty sure that other clubs would have taken them, and anyone who doesn't believe this is doing dad a favour is bonkers.

Job done so lets see how much game time they get and how they develop.

2 hours ago, Loon plage said:

I dont think anyone sees them playing league football as a negative.I am pretty sure that other clubs would have taken them, and anyone who doesn't believe this is doing dad a favour is bonkers.

Job done so lets see how much game time they get and how they develop.

Pretty sure other clubs would have taken them? Where's your evidence of this? It's all conjecture and bonkers if you believe their agents would let their players go to Cheltenham just to do dad a favour

On 30/08/2017 at 12:27, Portland Bill said:

Seriously Spudski, this is a manager that closed down Yeovil Town's academy. When he left Yeovil they opened it up again!.

John from High Littleton, you have called this rubbish ( as you have on every post of mine that your trolling :laughcont:).

I was sat at the meeting GJ held when he announced he was closing it down, and within a matter of weeks of Yeovil sacking him they started it back up again!. 

:yes:

Gloucestershire Live´s opinion of the debuts:

Positive signs from the Bristol City youngsters

Joe Morrell was Cheltenham’s top performer on the day, despite only finding out at around 2pm he would be starting in the centre of midfield due to Nigel Atangana’s illness.

He took his Football League debut in his stride, passing with conviction, rarely giving the ball away and generally looking like a neat and tidy footballer. His main challenge now will be to create a goal or score one himself, but the early indications were certainly positive and he may well be on set piece duty at Yeovil Town next Saturday.

At the back, Taylor Moore played with confidence and he will learn much from the aerial challenge League Two football presents.

He was comfortable on the ball, rarely hurried and although he was caught in possession early on, he rarely put a foot wrong thereafter and also looks like a useful addition.

Freddie Hinds was introduced in place of Mohamed Eisa in the 58th minute and he had one chance in stoppage time, firing over the bar after Kyle Storer’s corner was cleared to him.

Hinds is an exciting talent and with Jaanai Gordon adding another attacking option and Jerell Sellars not far from returning from his hamstring injury, there should be enough pace and creativity for the goals to start to flow.

1 hour ago, Portland Bill said:

John from High Littleton, you have called this rubbish ( as you have on every post of mine that your trolling :laughcont:).

I was sat at the meeting GJ held when he announced he was closing it down, and within a matter of weeks of Yeovil sacking him they started it back up again!. 

:yes:

The troll from the village ,seems to spend his life doing that Bill

Rubbishes posts for attention in a hissy fit

Makes me laugh - his reputation seems to have taken a knock !!

High Liitleton - so appropriate

Something is  missing from the village ?

:laughcont:

Archived