IGNORED

Renato Sanches CONFIRMED : Swansea City on loan

brizzlelou

3 hours ago, petehinton said:

Absolutely unbelievable signing. Probably the best of the summer in the Prem for me. He could get into any side in the Prem he's that good. 

He's just come off of an underwhelming poor season at Bayern so this is a big move for him really to prove he can do it when playing regularly.  

Having seen a bit of him last season though it's no surprise he isn't going somewhere better than Swansea 

5 hours ago, petehinton said:

Absolutely unbelievable signing. Probably the best of the summer in the Prem for me. He could get into any side in the Prem he's that good. 

How much have you watched him play?

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

He's just come off of an underwhelming poor season at Bayern so this is a big move for him really to prove he can do it when playing regularly.  

Having seen a bit of him last season though it's no surprise he isn't going somewhere better than Swansea 

This is why I ask. Dave is correct, completely underwhelming, really average all season. Didn't keep up with the tempo Bayern were trying to play whatsoever. I am in no doubt whatsoever none of these big clubs were actually in for him. Milan were probably put off during pre-season when Sanches started against them and Milan cruised to victory. Swansea is probably at this moment Renato Sanches' level and anybody who has watched him play would probably say the same thing. Some people see an award and a big price tag next to his name and think he's the dogs bollocks though... He was shoddy at best at the U21 championships too

Massively stagnated at Bayern which has been very disappointing. 

He's gonna have to really kick into gear at Swansea if he wants any kind of career at the top Champions League clubs. 

Potential is definitely there though, think this loan could go either way. Get the feeling most in here have only heard of him rather than watched him judging by the excitement. 

7 hours ago, EmersonsRed said:

How much have you watched him play?

I saw him play countless times for Benfica (and Portugal in Euro 2016) as well as the videos that circulated prior to that of him in Benfica youth and B teams. He was an absolutely phenomenal talent for his age at every level. His first and only season for the Benfica first team was ridiculous, granted the standard isn't always top class but he got into the team and then led it to the title with a consistent run of high energy performances and slick one touch passing and attacking play.

Mourinho was quoted as saying if he had been appointed a few weeks earlier at Man Utd he would have signed him. So with all this context, despite the season at Bayern, it is a sensational signing, and probably good for all parties. According to the press in Portugal lots of teams Milan included were in for him. His season at Bayern was a disaster but they only started him six times so Taylor Moore levels of rustiness, although did have their highest pass completion ratio (88%).

I didn't watch Bayern so can't comment really on whether he deserved to play more but the cynic in me says that since the deal with Benfica was €35m potentially rising to €80m with add ons, there must have been a bunch of expensive performance and playing bonuses that Bayern may have deliberately avoided in his first season. Anyway the real story for me is how Swansea, who nearly went out of the league, are now an established Prem team signing European Champions. :grr:

6 minutes ago, Olé said:

I saw him play countless times for Benfica (and Portugal in Euro 2016) as well as the videos that circulated prior to that of him in Benfica youth and B teams. He was an absolutely phenomenal talent for his age at every level. His first and only season for the Benfica first team was ridiculous, granted the standard isn't always top class but he got into the team and then led it to the title with a consistent run of high energy performances and slick one touch passing and attacking play.

Mourinho was quoted as saying if he had been appointed a few weeks earlier at Man Utd he would have signed him. So with all this context, despite the season at Bayern, it is a sensational signing, and probably good for all parties. According to the press in Portugal lots of teams Milan included were in for him. His season at Bayern was a disaster but they only started him six times so Taylor Moore levels of rustiness, although did have their highest pass completion ratio (88%).

I didn't watch Bayern so can't comment really on whether he deserved to play more but the cynic in me says that since the deal with Benfica was €35m potentially rising to €80m with add ons, there must have been a bunch of expensive performance and playing bonuses that Bayern may have deliberately avoided in his first season. Anyway the real story for me is how Swansea, who nearly went out of the league, are now an established Prem team signing European Champions. :grr:

Saw a few rumours post Euro 2016 that he wasn't actually the age on his birth certificate given how physical he was compared to other players his age.

Probably nonsense but was a hark back to all those rumours about Obafemi Martins a few years back!

1 hour ago, Olé said:

His failing at Bayern could be down to a number of things. Looks a very good signing for Swansea- Bayern? Ancelotti doesn't exactly trust young players as much as some managers which plays a part.

Archived