IGNORED

Q and A tonight

Phileas Fogg

Just in case anyone was unaware or had forgotten.. there's a Q and A tonight at AG with Johnson, Ashton, McAllister and Holden attending

From the site..

City will be holding a question-and-answer session at Ashton Gate in September.

Chief executive officer Mark Ashton and head coach Lee Johnson will be joined on stage by assistant head coaches Dean Holden and Jamie McAllister for the event on Thursday, September 7th.

The Q&A session will take place in the Lansdown Restaurant and will be free for supporters.

Fans will be able to pose questions on any subject – whether it’s the playing squad, transfers, scouting or anything else City-related.

Doors will open at 6pm, with a pay bar available, and the event begins at 7pm.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/fans-qa-to-be-held-in-september/

7 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Let's hope it's interesting. Be good to ask about Bettinelli. Someone should also mention a stellar free agent like Joe Ledley. 

LJ is pretty candid so there should be something of interest from tonight. I don't think he'll comment on individual players much more than 'yes we were interested' or 'no we never were interested' though.

Can't make tonight but would be good if the club could get this streamed.

Anybody know if the club are likely to keep stuff quiet about whats said in there or put small updates on their twitter feed? I can't make it and would be nice to keep up with what is said, live streaming it on youtube would also be a pretty good option for fan involvement as people watching but can't make it could pose questions. 

16 minutes ago, hodge said:

Anybody know if the club are likely to keep stuff quiet about whats said in there or put small updates on their twitter feed? I can't make it and would be nice to keep up with what is said, live streaming it on youtube would also be a pretty good option for fan involvement as people watching but can't make it could pose questions. 

I imagine they'll blog it on Twitter as it happens but there'll hopefully be someone from here who does a write up later.

Agree with you about streaming it or filming, apparently they did for the rugby equivalent recently so you'd hope they do it for this too.

4 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

I'm going, got no one to sit with at the moment. Anyone wanna be my friend? :sad26:

I told you. I would have come with you but they'll chuck me out when I ask LJ about his daps and MA if he's rather eat a chocolate flavoured poo or a poo flavoured chocolate... I would be banned from AG for a non football related incident! 

2 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

I told you. I would have come with you but they'll chuck me out when I ask LJ about his daps and MA if he's rather eat a chocolate flavoured poo or a poo flavoured chocolate... I would be banned from AG for a non football related incident! 

No. These are the questions that need to be asked dammit!!! 

I won't be there but if anybody wants to ask a good question it would be "Why is Luke Ayling now considered one of the best right backs in the league"?  Would love to have gone and asked that.

And before anybody jumps on the 'anything to have a dig at LJ' type response - which is something I have never done - it is something that genuinely intrigues me, because I don't understand football to that purist level.

Is it coaching, the role he plays in the formation of the team or is it lots of little things I would not even consider - I know we can all speculate but would be interesting to know what experienced football coaches who also know the personality think is the reason it has just clicked for him now to a better level than it did here.

11 minutes ago, Neo said:

I won't be there but if anybody wants to ask a good question it would be "Why is Luke Ayling now considered one of the best right backs in the league"?  Would love to have gone and asked that.

And before anybody jumps on the 'anything to have a dig at LJ' type response - which is something I have never done - it is something that genuinely intrigues me, because I don't understand football to that purist level.

Is it coaching, the role he plays in the formation of the team or is it lots of little things I would not even consider - I know we can all speculate but would be interesting to know what experienced football coaches who also know the personality think is the reason it has just clicked for him now to a better level than it did here.

It's a good question. Nothing wrong with holding the management to account about things; I want someone to ask at what point a transfer is considered a 'failure'.

I've got my own answer about this - but I want to hear what they say.

I'd also like to know more about the Engvall situation. When purchased the club issued statements to suggest he was for the first team. What happened? Did he not adapt quickly? Was he not as good as they thought?

28 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Where is the Lansdown Restaurant?! Never been in there!

Looking forward to this. The last one I went to was the one with SO'D which was ace.

Upstairs in the Lansdown stand, very posh, but I expect you could have guessed that anyway

@petehintonI guess it will be set up for a meeting tonight though, rows of chairs rather than the round tables it usually has as people won't be eating. They won't be sure of the numbers either. It's one very large room which can be split into 2 or maybe 3 smaller rooms I believe.

Just go for a nosey. The Lansdown is amazing behind the scenes, I mean away from the pitch. It's more like a plush hotel than a football ground. It has been very well done. The boxes are superb quality if a bit short of space. I was staggered what the Lansdown holds behind its rows of seats. 

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

@petehintonI guess it will be sent up for a meeting tonight though, rows of chairs rather than the round tables it usually has as people won't be eating. They won't be sure of the numbers either. It's one very large room which can be split into 2 or maybe 3 smaller rooms I believe.

Just go for a nosey. The Lansdown is amazing behind the scenes, I mean away from the pitch. It's more like a plush hotel than a football ground. It has been very well done. The boxes are superb quality if a bit short of space. I was staggered what the Lansdown holds behind its rows of seats. 

It is very impressive. I saw it on a non-matchday and it's a great facility upstairs. Roomy, spacious and feels like a place of business. Boxes are a tiny bit tight in my opinion, but other than that it's a great facility.

Unrecognisable from the old Williams stand.

6 minutes ago, hodge said:

Anyone planning on asking if anything is happening with Ashton Vale now? Remember reading rumours of an academy training ground or something. 

I'd like to know this too.. but given the personnel there tonight (Ashton, Johnson, McAllister, Holden) maybe they won't be able to answer.. Might be more of a question for JL or SL

3 hours ago, RedM said:

@petehintonI guess it will be set up for a meeting tonight though, rows of chairs rather than the round tables it usually has as people won't be eating. They won't be sure of the numbers either. It's one very large room which can be split into 2 or maybe 3 smaller rooms I believe.

But make sure you ask permission first so you don't do what I did and snuck off of my own accord and sat in the posh seats and peeked at the posh boxes... you do get told off... :whistle:

39 minutes ago, 42nite said:

Can someone ask what is the current situation regarding the Fans Liason Officer?

It just seems a bit hit and miss at the moment. Or is it just me that sees it this way?

I think this is more a football discussion rather than a wider club issue one, perhaps that question would be something for a FAN meeting. I would like to know the answer to this though.

4 minutes ago, 42nite said:

It says fans will be able to ask questions on anything City related.

As Mark Ashton will be there.... who better to ask?

Yeah I'm sure you could ask it, I'd like to know the answer myself. I think given the timing it's designed to be about 'on the pitch' stuff.

I think Ashton is more football focused than club focused now. The perfect person would've been Andrew Billingham probably, not sure who'll replace him at FAN. 

Archived